I got the unlocked LG K10 16 Gig from Officeworks, currently $222. https://www.officewo...phone-imlgk10bk
Good points - recent Android edition, big screen. 4G on the main SIM.
- since unlocked, also relatively free of pointless bloatware.
Bad points - it's stupidly thin. I have NFI why they insist on making phones that are skinny. For me I'd prefer a fatter phone with more battery life and screen that occupies a high percentage of the possible area.
- the "16 Gig" part is a bit of a joke, more like 11 Gig and by default it makes no use of the SD card to store apps. But a bit of research, and an ADB command later, no root required, I extended the volume to occupy half the SD card so in effect have about 45 Gig of slightly slower app storage.
- the power button is on the back so even easier to inadvertantly power up when you're putting it away.
- battery life should be better though supposedly the next iteration has a larger battery.
- the dual SIM is next to useless as the second one is supposedly only 2G capable.
Aside from that, there's some cheap big screen phones from Huawei. But the problem I had with 2 phones from them is, the updates are thin on the ground and seem restricted to their rubbish "EmotionUI" launcher interface - and worse their phones seem a bit buggy. The one I recently upgraded from spontaneously rebooted about once every 2-3 months, usually during a phone call.
Edited by Rybags, 07 June 2017 - 05:39 PM.