Photo

That time of year when new Mobile Phones come out.

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 littlejacket92

littlejacket92

Initiate

• Quark
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 02:34 PM

If i have enough money, then I will try for Iphone 7, it's my dream 

Why i love iphone instead of Samsung? because iphone touch is good. And it's strong for using app online. I think so.

However, my friend prefers samsung galaxy pro than iphone. 

There is more than just Samsung you realise?

The Nokia 8 is very reasonable price!

https://www.dwidigit...hone/nokia.html

Hm, I m not interested in Nokia since they stop updating their products anymore. 

And just because Lumina , a product of Nokia is not good at all. 

For Nokia 8, I don't know, but i will give it a try.

Thanks for suggesting it.

Life is a journey.

Enjoy your ride

#22 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,181 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 02:48 PM

Why i love iphone instead of Samsung? because iphone touch is good. And it's strong for using app online. I think so.

Hm, I m not interested in Nokia since they stop updating their products anymore. 

They never stopped updating their products.

Microsoft licensed the Nokia brand to release the Lumia range.

That lease is now over, so Nokia factory is once again, making Nokia phones.

They're running Android now, so is Blackberry, and you can't look past Oppo or Huawei anymore, they're damn good.

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#23 SceptreCore

SceptreCore

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,855 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:08 PM

They're running Android now, so is Blackberry, and you can't look past Oppo or Huawei anymore, they're damn good.

Microsoft bought Nokia's phone division. They then gave up on making phones, and a startup of former Nokia exec's started a company called HMD and bought the nokia brand rights from Microsoft.

HMD now contract out the building of their phones. But they insist on a high quality construction. Unfortunately the Nokia 8 is great in every way except! ... it's only splash proof, not water proof. That's not only concern with it.

RIG: Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.6GHz | MSI 990FXA GD-80 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz 9-9-9-24 | Radeon HD6450 | Patriot Pyro SSD 120GB SATAIII | 500GB + 1TB Barracuda's | LG GH22NS70 DVD-RW | Xigmatek Red Scorpion | Corsair HX650W | CM690

#24 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,033 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 08:42 AM

I have two Microsoft Lumia phones. I get more updates than my android tablet gets. My android tablet gets one update every half year.

Having trouble with A [?]OS11.1?

2018 FIFA World Cup Russia - Australia in but Italy, Chile, Netherlands, USA = FAIL.

#25 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,181 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:29 AM

Microsoft bought Nokia's phone division. They then gave up on making phones, and a startup of former Nokia exec's started a company called HMD and bought the nokia brand rights from Microsoft.

HMD now contract out the building of their phones. But they insist on a high quality construction. Unfortunately the Nokia 8 is great in every way except! ... it's only splash proof, not water proof. That's not only concern with it.

The second half is right, but the first part isn't, Microsoft sold to Foxconn, and Foxcon leased the brand name.

the Nokia 8 is great in every way except! ... it's only splash proof, not water proof. That's not only concern with it.

To be fair, my Nokia Ngage had a swim. My E63 went for a swim in the 2009 Brisbane floods, and had a minor electronic heart attack when I was almost struck by lightning; but it lived on.

I mean, water proof SOUNDS cool, but I've never had the urge to swim with my phone, touch screens don't work well (or at all?) in water.

It's IP54, a 'splash' is usually water contact with low pressure, so even a drop in the toilet if it was grabbed instantly, it should survive from.

From a manufacturing standpoint, from pulling a LOT of broken stuff apart, it'll have 'waterproof flaps' or seals on all the joints, but they wont be pressure rated.

Hell, a bunch of those SONY phones were rated as waterproof, and when I pulled one apart, the rear case is glued on, to seal it.

Catch is , in Australia summer heat, the glue melts!

So ratings aren't always what they appear.....

IP54 means if a mate sprays me with the hose, or it starts raining, I'm OK.

And I'm comfortable with that :)

My BB KeyOne has no rating for that, thanks to the keyboard :P

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#26 SceptreCore

SceptreCore

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,855 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:49 PM

The second half is right, but the first part isn't, Microsoft sold to Foxconn, and Foxcon leased the brand name.

Well... that's what I get for only reading and quoting from one incomplete source. I stand corrected.

To be fair, my Nokia Ngage had a swim. My E63 went for a swim in the 2009 Brisbane floods, and had a minor electronic heart attack when I was almost struck by lightning; but it lived on.

I mean, water proof SOUNDS cool, but I've never had the urge to swim with my phone, touch screens don't work well (or at all?) in water.

It's IP54, a 'splash' is usually water contact with low pressure, so even a drop in the toilet if it was grabbed instantly, it should survive from.

From a manufacturing standpoint, from pulling a LOT of broken stuff apart, it'll have 'waterproof flaps' or seals on all the joints, but they wont be pressure rated.

Hell, a bunch of those SONY phones were rated as waterproof, and when I pulled one apart, the rear case is glued on, to seal it.

Catch is , in Australia summer heat, the glue melts!

So ratings aren't always what they appear.....

IP54 means if a mate sprays me with the hose, or it starts raining, I'm OK.

And I'm comfortable with that :)

My BB KeyOne has no rating for that, thanks to the keyboard :P

Yeah well... for $700 bucks and no added bloat, I'm thinking it's a good deal. I can't decide if I want it or the Sony XZ Premium.

I think I will skip the LG V30, it's gonna be too expensive, and they're having problems with the OLED screen.

RIG: Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.6GHz | MSI 990FXA GD-80 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz 9-9-9-24 | Radeon HD6450 | Patriot Pyro SSD 120GB SATAIII | 500GB + 1TB Barracuda's | LG GH22NS70 DVD-RW | Xigmatek Red Scorpion | Corsair HX650W | CM690

#27 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,181 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:59 PM

Sony will be the same as EVERY OTHER sony phone.

Amazing features, amazing camera, amazing UI at a better than expected price.....

Then you try and USE all these features? And battery goes byebye.....

Add a few MM to the phone, add an extra battery cell, and they'd have an undeniable winner.

But now? Nah.

#28 SceptreCore

SceptreCore

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,855 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 06:02 PM

Amazing features, amazing camera, amazing UI at a better than expected price.....

Add a few MM to the phone, add an extra battery cell, and they'd have an undeniable winner.

But now? Nah.

Well... it does have a 3230mAh battery

#29 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,181 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:43 AM

But now? Nah.

Well... it does have a 3230mAh battery

It might surprise me, but the last flagship had a huge battery too.

Just was so power inefficient for some reason.

#30 SceptreCore

SceptreCore

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,855 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 07:42 PM

Choosing a smartphone is too hard these days.

#31 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,033 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:06 AM

That's why some just buy iphones.

2018 FIFA World Cup Russia - Australia in but Italy, Chile, Netherlands, USA = FAIL.

#32 SceptreCore

SceptreCore

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,855 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:16 PM

That's why some just buy iphones.

The fools!

#33 littlejacket92

littlejacket92

Initiate

• Quark
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:27 PM

I have two Microsoft Lumia phones. I get more updates than my android tablet gets. My android tablet gets one update every half year.

I said that because they stop released new version of Nokia in my country, also for updates. 

Microsoft run nokia in my country, is not successful then they have to stop it,,,,,, 

Then I dont't know is it happen in other country or no

Thanks for your news, I will check it again for further information about Nokia & their new phones

Edited by littlejacket92, 02 October 2017 - 02:28 PM.

Life is a journey.

Enjoy your ride

#34 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,033 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 03:54 PM

I don't own any Android Nokias so i can't tell you how often they put up updates.

Oh yes I'm running WIndows 10 Mobile not 8.1 which doesn't get any updates.

You need to install Windows 10 Mobile to get the updates - which depends on the phone you have. Older Lumias don't get 10.

https://www.microsof...-mobile-upgrade

Edited by Jeruselem, 02 October 2017 - 03:55 PM.

#35 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,181 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:02 AM

Not for me:

Does it have a physical QWERTY keyboard?

Yes: Buy it.

No: Don't.

I've had 3 mates, who, without any pressure, simply asked "Can I try your KeyONE?" all of the 'trials' ended in a comment along the lines of "It's OK I guess".....

AND they all went and purchased one, lol.

So many people, spend so much time in "Chat" applications, they don't realise how much bigger the screen (effectively) is at 4.5", when you take the QWERTY away from covering it.

#36 SceptreCore

SceptreCore

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,855 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:50 PM

Not for me:

I've had 3 mates, who, without any pressure, simply asked "Can I try your KeyONE?" all of the 'trials' ended in a comment along the lines of "It's OK I guess".....

So many people, spend so much time in "Chat" applications, they don't realise how much bigger the screen (effectively) is at 4.5", when you take the QWERTY away from covering it.

https://www.theverge...en-phone-leaked

#37 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,181 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:42 AM

Not for me:

https://www.theverge...en-phone-leaked

Yeah they've always had a few full touchscreen phones.

The Blackberry OSK is amazing too; lots of mates purchased it for their samsung devices.

But I'll be waiting for the "KeyTWO" (we assume it'll be called) before I change :)

#38 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,033 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:31 AM

KeyTwo, where the screen doesn't try to fall off ... I don't understand why they didnt spot that issue eariler with no glue

Edited by Jeruselem, 09 October 2017 - 10:41 AM.

#39 SceptreCore

SceptreCore

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,855 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:58 AM

KeyTwo, where the screen doesn't try to fall off ... I don't understand why they didnt spot that issue eariler with no glue

This is a company that didn't spot the market changing and fell way behind.

#40 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,181 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:42 AM

This is a company that didn't spot the market changing and fell way behind.

TCL? they're really not far behind.

One of the top Chinese manufacturers actually. Also own Alcatel.

BlackBerry Mobile isn't related to the Canadian company anymore, if that's what you were implying.

And even then, BBOS10 is much more advanced that Android or Apple, they judt didnt entice enough developers.

They caught it in one batch.

Europe, Australia, and... well... basically everywhere but USA had no issues.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users