4 replies to this topic

#1 fredzfrog

fredzfrog

Guru

• Hero
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:49 PM

Hey folks!
So I'm looking at laptops, and my best bang for buck appears to be gigabyte branded.. While I use them for my motherboards, have done reliably for years, I havnt seen their laptops out in the wild as much. Does anyone have much experience with them? Thanks!
Increases your chance of love by 75.3%

#2 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,058 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:47 AM

Yep, I own two. Both great.

Though one just started reporting 'charging' yet sits at 0% and its only 2 years old.....

but it WAS flat, and it IS winter. So I havent tried heating it up yet (common laptop problem, no matter the brand).

I love em!

Matte IPS screens ftw

Edited by Master_Scythe, 16 April 2017 - 09:51 AM.

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#3 RenascentMisanthropy

RenascentMisanthropy

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,669 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:50 AM

They look to be very good value, have a better videocard and more storage options than comparable makes/models.

Slycake i7 6700 + cyrorig r1 ultimate, asus z170m-plus, 16gb corsair 3200, evga gtx 970 4gb, 256gb m2 sammy pro, 1tb sshd, corsair cs650m.

#4 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,058 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:36 AM

Hey folks!
So I'm looking at laptops, and my best bang for buck appears to be gigabyte branded.. While I use them for my motherboards, have done reliably for years, I havnt seen their laptops out in the wild as much. Does anyone have much experience with them? Thanks!

Mine just started charging again :D

excellent.

I think it's just been too cold in my house to charge from 0%.

Also there is a new BIOS this month to raise the thermal limit to 95*C, which is more realistic in a 'gaming laptop'.

I really can't fault it.

I'd buy another, for sure.

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#5 TazFromOz

TazFromOz

Guru

• Atomican
  • 12,750 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:22 PM

Yeah, I have had one for ages.  The hinges went after a year, but I have dropped it and I'm pretty unkind to my tech so it's probably not build quality.  I really love that laptop.  No overheating problems like you get in some cheaper laptops.

Free Games for intelligent readers / gamers / puzzle hounds. http://forums.atomic...showtopic=33970

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users