• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Ratticus

Ratticus

Guru

• Hero
  • 13,020 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:36 AM

I have been unsettled to find that my star rating thing is only 3/5.

I will only accept two possibilities - please don't argue otherwise; my mind is as certain as an anti-vaxxer:

1. There are some hater(s) who have diminished my rep and down-starred me as an emotive lashing; likely fuelled by envy and possibly lust

2. In error, some of you have misunderstood the star rating system and assigned the incorrect value (I expect a thorough mod investigation forthwith) 

As such - for our collaborative harmony, sense of self and community cohesion I feel it is only ... well decent really to direct you to click raise one of your own from these pits of deprepavity and repspair by voting accordingly.

_ |_) _ _._|_ _ |_)(/_(_| |__> http://soundcloud.com/krunk-smash

#2 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,956 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:45 AM

5 stars, A++

Reason: Old face Coming back, if user doesn't post enough, will vote 1 star :P

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#3 eveln

eveln

Guru

• Atomican
  • 16,116 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:26 PM

Nice one Ratticus :) but I will only comply if you hang around for at least two weeks. Two weeks isn't a special period of time as such. It's just an indication of your dedication to your ego, seeing as how quiet atomic has likely become since you were last on :P~

Laugh to Live . Live to Laugh.

atomic has π

#4 Ratticus

Ratticus

Guru

• Hero
  • 13,020 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:59 PM

Nice one Ratticus :) but I will only comply if you hang around for at least two weeks. Two weeks isn't a special period of time as such. It's just an indication of your dedication to your ego, seeing as how quiet atomic has likely become since you were last on :P~

I really had planned to - but I watched my four stars drop to three AGAIN TODAY!

I don't care about Hillary's mail servers - can we investigate something that really matters?

#5 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 17,850 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:02 PM

... I watched my four stars drop to three AGAIN TODAY!

You know that mentioning it just invites some people to go fuck it up for you, right?
  • Xen likes this

"Reality does not care what you think." - Dr Richard Feynman
"Ideas do not deserve respect.- people do." - Peter Boghossian (paraphrase)

#6 eveln

eveln

Guru

• Atomican
  • 16,116 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:12 PM

Pay Cybes not a jot of attention ! He speaks with the self-satisfied tone of one who has FOUR stars ffs . lol.

atomic has π

#7 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 17,850 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:13 PM

Pay Cybes not a jot of attention ! He speaks with the self-satisfied tone of one who has FOUR stars ffs . lol.

It was 5 until I mentioned it! ;p

#8 eveln

eveln

Guru

• Atomican
  • 16,116 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:16 PM

Hah heh ... with the swiftness of a Chanel boomerang ! ... straight to the back of the stars :P~~

atomic has π

#9 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 17,850 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:30 PM

Hah heh ... with the swiftness of a Chanel boomerang ! ... straight to the back of the stars :P~~

My point exactly.

IMO, it's kinda a dumb system, anyway. If the votes are one-off, one asshole can skew a result. If I they accumulate, as small a cabal as two can just upvote each other into godhood. If they're one-off buy expire, either everyone ends up marked as average, or people are enslaved to forever refresh their personal list of votes.

And does it actually matter anyway?

#10 Ratticus

Ratticus

Guru

• Hero
  • 13,020 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:14 PM

My point exactly.

IMO, it's kinda a dumb system, anyway. If the votes are one-off, one asshole can skew a result. If I they accumulate, as small a cabal as two can just upvote each other into godhood. If they're one-off buy expire, either everyone ends up marked as average, or people are enslaved to forever refresh their personal list of votes.

And does it actually matter anyway?

Wait what.

This isn't a cumulative average of my quantifiable social value on this forum? It is a new, unique variable with every interaction?

Well, looks like the only way to resolve this based on the deeply complex social considerations is to have a mechanism that checks that I have five stars, and if not ensures I receive them with expediency. 

#11 i_am_banned2

i_am_banned2

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:43 PM

I'm only three stars too! This is FUCKING BULLSHIT!

Why aren't you arseholes giving me five stars already?!

#12 Ratticus

Ratticus

Guru

• Hero
  • 13,020 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:54 PM

I'm only three stars too! This is FUCKING BULLSHIT!

Why aren't you arseholes giving me five stars already?!

Starred

#13 i_am_banned2

i_am_banned2

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:06 AM

Starred

Fuck yeah, bitches! Who's better now?! That's right - FOUR STARS! Better than all you clowns!

1hrY08p.jpg

Oh, as an aside, I one-starred you to maintain my lead. Cheers.

#14 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 13,668 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:23 AM

I'm lucky to have 3 stars.

Cortana at your service

#15 Mac Dude

Mac Dude

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 36,507 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:57 AM

I have been unsettled to find that my star rating thing is only 3/5.

I'm the same :) My theory is that most people don't care, but haters gotta hate as much as they can...

Oh, and hi!
Karl Kruszelnicki - No, I’m fully prepared to believe in the “Church of God the Utterly Indifferent who sets the universe going and says you’re on your own kids.

#16 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,956 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:08 AM

I'm 3 stars.

I'm OK with this.

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#17 smadge1

smadge1

Titan

• Atomican
  • 25,721 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:49 AM

I figure three stars or more is probably fine, if you have less than 3 stars, you are probably a bad person.

Put your monkey where your mouth is. These are the voyages of the starship Lucy Liu. What's On My Mind? http://twitter.com/smadge1 http://smadge1.tumblr.com/

#18 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 17,850 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:08 PM

I figure three stars or more is probably fine, if you have less than 3 stars, you are probably a bad person.

Well, yeah - 3 is 'average', since it's the midpoint on a five-star scale.

What would be more sensible than a directly voted rating is one derived from 'liked' posts; but that would have to be figured individually, as a proportion of that person's posts (rather than a simple threshold value - n likes per star) since some of us post way more than others.

#19 smadge1

smadge1

Titan

• Atomican
  • 25,721 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:15 PM

Well, yeah - 3 is 'average', since it's the midpoint on a five-star scale.

What would be more sensible than a directly voted rating is one derived from 'liked' posts; but that would have to be figured individually, as a proportion of that person's posts (rather than a simple threshold value - n likes per star) since some of us post way more than others.

Put your monkey where your mouth is. These are the voyages of the starship Lucy Liu. What's On My Mind? http://twitter.com/smadge1 http://smadge1.tumblr.com/

#20 twinair

twinair

Immortal

• Hero
  • 47,690 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:36 PM

Sup, homie!

I feel as though your grovelling didn't contain enough grovel, so I gave you 1 star out of a possible 5. I'm disappointed that my vote didn't bring you down a notch. So I'll have to log in with a number of my alts and sort that out.

Word.

This aint no fuckin' bible study. I didn't come here to save whales. I came here to shake my dick and have a great time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users