• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,271 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:59 PM

Keyfinders on win10 don't, in my experience, prove too useful.  The activation isn't against the specific key anymore.  Or rather, once you've already updated the box to win10, the key it pulls out isn't yours but a generic one.

I just do a fresh install on the new SSD and then activate it later on.  I prefer to install from a fixed source, like a USB key, but either way, the official MS win10 media creation tool is the easiest way to get the latest patched version of win10.

"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#22 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,059 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:13 PM

If you've installed a retail product then it should find the correct key (did on mine).  The problem does arise with OEM installs.  The key returned in 2 cases with my machines was wrong.  But also in both cases the machines have SLIC information for OEM Windows licencing which allowed me to use a utility called 7_OEM_Activator (or similar) to activate the install (and no, it's not a loader but genuine activation.  Loaders work by living in the boot sector and tacking on a fake SLIC to the Ram-based Bios copy).

Edited by Rybags, 07 August 2017 - 10:14 PM.

#23 Smokie

Smokie

Charge

• Atomican
  • 262 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:16 AM

Kept an eye out for a card going cheap and finally picked one up on Thursday.

Asus 1070 Strix 8GB for $300. 12 months old so still has 2 years worth of warranty.

Now to give this thing a whirl and see how it goes of PUBG.

Next item on the list is a SSD.

Thanks to everyone for their support so far.

CPU: E6600 GPU: 3870X2 MOBO: P5KC RAM: 800MHz OCZ Reaper HDD: 160GB WD PSU: 650W Coolmaster eXtream Rule by FEAR

#24 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,182 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:47 AM

Kept an eye out for a card going cheap and finally picked one up on Thursday.

Asus 1070 Strix 8GB for $300. 12 months old so still has 2 years worth of warranty.

Now to give this thing a whirl and see how it goes of PUBG.

Next item on the list is a SSD.

Thanks to everyone for their support so far.

1070 will SMASH PUBG, my 1060 handles it without any noticeable frame drops.

Everythings on Ultra, except AA and Foliage, which are on low.

I wasn't monitoring frames, but I didn't feel any slowdowns or skips.

That being said, I refunded PUBG the day I bought it, I've never played such a pile of shit in my life.

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#25 Roscosity

Roscosity

Learner

• Quark
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:37 PM

Personally I've been loving PUBG.... but to each their own :P

Roscosity | Gigabyte ANZ Community Manager

#26 Smokie

Smokie

Charge

• Atomican
  • 262 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:10 PM

PUBG is annoying the hell out of me! Have managed to get the 3rd place playing solo.

I refuse to give up but as soon as I win just one round, I will not be playing it again.

CPU: E6600 GPU: 3870X2 MOBO: P5KC RAM: 800MHz OCZ Reaper HDD: 160GB WD PSU: 650W Coolmaster eXtream Rule by FEAR

#27 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,182 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:46 PM

PUBG is annoying the hell out of me! Have managed to get the 3rd place playing solo.

I refuse to give up but as soon as I win just one round, I will not be playing it again.

I hear ya!

Load game, wait, pre game, wait, parachute, wait, land, HOPE you're near weapons, if not, die.

Repeat the waiting.

You can get 1 minute of gameplay from 8 minutes of waiting sometimes.

Frucking RIDICULOUS.

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users