• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,416 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:48 PM

So, because working 60 hours a week as well as getting my PCPP disks in by this Wednesday wasn't enough of a challenge for me, I decided to do GISHWHES again this year.  Yes, I AM in fact, insane..

Anyway, one of our tasks is supremely amazing and well worth getting behind.  But I need your help.  As many of you who can!

We have created this page:

<edited as link no longer useful)

to help us raise money for this amazing woman's last wish.  She runs a ballet school in an extremely poor part of South Africa.  The works she does for the kids who come to her school is astonishing, but she is now been diagnosed with cancer and only has a short time left.

GISHWHES is trying to raise enough funds to keep the school going for a long time to come after she leaves us.  For the full story, please check out the page.

If it moves you, please consider donating for us!

edit: GISHWHES is over again and we raised over $250,000 for this lady and her dance school creating a number of scholarships for the kids.  Thanks to all!

Edited by Chaos.Lady, 20 August 2017 - 09:52 AM.

In the light universe I have been darkness. Perhaps in the dark zone I can be light...

Take the boat, promise me 
Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

#2 RenascentMisanthropy

RenascentMisanthropy

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,664 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:15 AM

I tried but it wouldn't accept my credit card :(

Slycake i7 6700 + cyrorig r1 ultimate, asus z170m-plus, 16gb corsair 3200, evga gtx 970 4gb, 256gb m2 sammy pro, 1tb sshd, corsair cs650m.

#3 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,416 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:50 AM

Sorry guys - I meant to post.

GISHWHES is over for another year.  They raised over $250,000 for this lady in the end, enough for a number of scholarships.

Thanks to all who helped out!

In the light universe I have been darkness. Perhaps in the dark zone I can be light...

Take the boat, promise me 
Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users