Photo

Do we expect too much from revolutionary franchise sequels?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,326 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:28 AM

Let me know when this place ever condoned shitting on (potential) new members. 

Let me know what this new account is advertising.

This isn't the first thread I've left around to see where it goes.  Short of your grumbling, it's gone somewhere, which puts to rest your hyperbole that this place is nothing but a haven for bots.  If you want to see that, go check out the PCPP forums.

"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#22 eveln

eveln

Titan

• Atomican
  • 16,530 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:26 AM

Let me know when this place ever condoned shitting on (potential) new members. 

Not to dredge up years old shit Nich, but I got shat on from a great height due to shenanigans from existing members here . I got over it ;p but , there ya go .

The onus was on me to prove a negative cos I was the new one ... And a mod made that all a bit difficult really. And I can't go into in more detail cos ya know PMs be private .

Laugh to Live . Live to Laugh.

atomic has π

#23 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,227 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 12:21 PM

So where is this new "member".  Same MO as all the other bots except the post is 50% coherent instead of 15%

#24 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,326 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:50 AM

That was before the time when I could do much about it, eveln.  As a counterpoint, I remember at least one Hero being banned because of abusing new members in the tech forums.

Rybags: a) why would new members stick around to post with that kind of greeting, b) why don't you complain when other new members don't follow up posts quickly?  c) what's more important to you, that sometimes fly by posters don't get banned for spam, or that there's increased posting activity?

"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#25 eveln

eveln

Titan

• Atomican
  • 16,530 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:08 PM

That was before the time when I could do much about it, eveln.  As a counterpoint, I remember at least one Hero being banned because of abusing new members in the tech forums.

Do you want to know why I remember the incident ? I'll tell you anyway ... ;)

It's cos at the time, the mod ( who is still current here ) vigorously deleted every attempt I made to counter the curious thread made during my absence, by,I might add, a complete stranger to me :) ... Now during my long daily absence this thread was eventually locked but left on the board for all to see. < shrugs >

The damn thing only got deleted due to my persistence via PMs.

The mod was all for leaving it there whilst giving me the new person not an inch of leeway in defending my credibility.

I had no desire to see anyone banned or told off for their behaviour at least not the general members. The mod on the other hand deserved a good bloody bollocking for a total lack of fair play imo.

Edited by eveln, 11 September 2017 - 07:09 PM.

atomic has π

#26 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,326 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:58 PM

Yeah, that elvenwhore can be a right bitch like that.  Always gotta watch your back around her!

#27 eveln

eveln

Titan

• Atomican
  • 16,530 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:23 PM

Yeah, that elvenwhore can be a right bitch like that.  Always gotta watch your back around her!

?

As far as the new member responsible for this thread ( and any other potential member ) is concerned, you've just outed elvenwhore as the culprit.

Are you serious ?

Also, I see Rybags can't be bothered answering you, but since you insist in asking the questions ...

a) any potential new members would quite likely be aware of issues re bots and annoying bot-posts. So, if they're for real, and care enough they will return regardless, imo.

b) from what I can see, this is the first time you've taken it upon yourself to question his experience and right to post regarding possible bots ...

c) this one is just about you feeling ansty and wanting to have a go at someone, imo ;)

Edited by eveln, 11 September 2017 - 10:23 PM.

atomic has π

#28 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,326 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:47 PM

c) Given you said it's a current active mod, that doesn't leave that many options, as far as 'outing' anyone.  I'm assuming it wasn't Elvenwhore, and am all for sticking the boot in to her because she likes it.  Then she gets to use her much better boots.

b) 'taken it upon myself', that's a good one.  I've deliberately made this a public conversation as a general reminder for others.  Otherwise it would be private, in which case, I'd still be 'taking it upon myself', but you'd be none the wiser.  Who do you think should be 'taken it upon themselves' to make sure new users aren't scared off?

a) Any potential new member is likely not aware of spam on here, because it's usually cleaned up within an hour or two of appearing.  Most such threads don't even get an RTM.

#29 eveln

eveln

Titan

• Atomican
  • 16,530 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:22 AM

c) Given you said it's a current active mod, that doesn't leave that many options, as far as 'outing' anyone.  I'm assuming it wasn't Elvenwhore, and am all for sticking the boot in to her because she likes it.  Then she gets to use her much better boots.

b) 'taken it upon myself', that's a good one.  I've deliberately made this a public conversation as a general reminder for others.  Otherwise it would be private, in which case, I'd still be 'taking it upon myself', but you'd be none the wiser.  Who do you think should be 'taken it upon themselves' to make sure new users aren't scared off?

a) Any potential new member is likely not aware of spam on here, because it's usually cleaned up within an hour or two of appearing.  Most such threads don't even get an RTM.

You did take it upon yourself to assume Rybags was in the wrong.

As you said earlier spamming and bot-posting is prevalent on other sites, a new person would not be wise to the clean up that might go on here.

Glad you know what you're assuming when you post, but a stranger wouldn't be so fortunate ;)

atomic has π

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users