• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,435 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:49 AM

So....  Atomic Issue 1 was first released into the wild in February 2001 (according to the always factual wikipedia).  This means that in a few months, atomic will celebrate its 17th birthday.  Now, 17 is an important number.  It's our last year of childhood before the whole "adulting" thing falls upon our heads.  It's our last year of the freedoms accorded a teen.  It's also a great excuse for a party.

After some discussion (including a little batting of the eyelashes) with a number of our glorious editors (may they live long and engender many sons), I can now reveal the next "official" atomic meet (planning in progress).

So here, now is your "Save The Date" for Saturday, 3rd February 2018.  It will be held in (or very near to) the Sydney CBD (also as near to public transport as I can manage it).  It will be a chance for you to reunite with faces not seen for many moons.  It will be epic.

So, tell your friends, tell your neighbors, tell those who have deserted these realms for the book of face.  Get them here and showing their interest.

Once I have numbers vaguely pinned down, more details will be provided including time, venue, attire and, if required, any cost.  Pants will be mandatory, however location of said pants is negotiable.

If you have ideas/suggestions/comments/issues/personal problems message me and I'll listen.  Post to let me know you want to attend and I'll add you to a list.

Lets make it happen people.

UPDATE: Apparently atomicans are in the grip of wedding fever on that date, so I'm considering a change of date to Saturday 3rd February 2018. Please post thoughts...

UPDATED: FEB 3RD seems to be a go! Please note changed date!

Edited by Chaos.Lady, 13 October 2017 - 04:56 PM.

In the light universe I have been darkness. Perhaps in the dark zone I can be light...

Take the boat, promise me 
Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

#2 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,177 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:20 PM

gonna book flights!

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#3 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,271 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:27 PM

Are you going to be there, Chayos?  In that case I think I'll suddenly be busy that weekend!

"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#4 Ben Mansill

Ben Mansill

• God
  • 12,842 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:29 PM

Yeah, right you are then, I shall be there. Like a big old high school reunion this is. This has great potential to be cool. Not necessarily huge, but just really nice to have a get together and see what people have been doing.

Magnificent as always, Chaos.

#5 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 18,054 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:33 PM

Intriguing! Colour me interested. But I can't commit to it until we have confirmed attendence slightly better than just the four of us.

"Reality does not care what you think." - Dr Richard Feynman
"There is no "I" in team." - "True.  I will not be found in any team."

#6 eveln

eveln

Guru

• Atomican
  • 16,382 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:29 PM

Welllll if the "Pro.Tart" is not gonna be there it could be a date :P~~

... but seriously I doubt it. Even thought it's February and usually a horrible time for business, I'll be working ....

17years running is worth the celebration and kudos for still being a 'thing' in this fickle world of chucking out the slightly worn in favour of the boring new.

I will raise a glass and post something colourful from up here

Laugh to Live . Live to Laugh.

atomic has π

#7 stuub27

stuub27

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:35 PM

I will try and drag my lazy arse there!

#8 elvenwhore

elvenwhore

SuperHero

• Mod
  • 11,673 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:40 PM

Ugh, I wanna come too! I don't think Miss 2 would like it though :-( 

Everything I say has come before. Everything I say has come before. Wait - dammit! Oh well, I like you more than reject popcorn bits :-)

#9 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,271 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:02 PM

Only one way to find out!

"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#10 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,435 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:44 AM

Are you going to be there, Chayos?  In that case I think I'll suddenly be busy that weekend!

'Sif I'd wanna go to any meet you were at.  Last time we got together you made me eat spicy dumplings. :D

In the light universe I have been darkness. Perhaps in the dark zone I can be light...

Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

#11 elvenwhore

elvenwhore

SuperHero

• Mod
  • 11,673 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:57 PM

Only one way to find out!

So if I drag Husband and Miss 2 down to Sydney, I can totally just skip out for the night and go to an Atomic meet, right? That's totally cool :-D

Everything I say has come before. Everything I say has come before. Wait - dammit! Oh well, I like you more than reject popcorn bits :-)

#12 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,271 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:21 PM

Bring the hubby IMO - two is old enough to be locked up in the mod cave and given control for a night, surely?

#13 elvenwhore

elvenwhore

SuperHero

• Mod
  • 11,673 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:24 PM

Waaaaaait a second, Pocket (husband) said he's interested, so it's not completely unlikely :-p 

#14 SacrificialNewt

SacrificialNewt

Titan

• Hero
  • 16,549 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:34 PM

Yabbadabbadooooo!

#15 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,435 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:37 PM

Ohhhhhhh. Babysitter possibilities are there. Might be able to arrange if required.

Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

#16 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 18,054 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:48 PM

This is looking promising already.

"Reality does not care what you think." - Dr Richard Feynman
"There is no "I" in team." - "True.  I will not be found in any team."

#17 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,435 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:07 AM

Bring the hubby IMO - two is old enough to be locked up in the mod cave and given control for a night, surely?

The mod cave is already full of 2 year olds...

Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

#18 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,435 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:20 AM

Apparently atomicans are in the grip of wedding fever on that day so I'm considering a change of date to Saturday 3rd February 2018.

Thoughts?

Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

#19 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,177 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:40 AM

Waaaaaait a second, Pocket (husband) said he's interested, so it's not completely unlikely :-p 

I'm not surprised.

I met him at least once.

Drives a Lotus and doesn't afraid of anything.

Also has a pretty rad first name >.>

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#20 Flouncy

Flouncy

• Atomican
  • 5,066 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:47 AM

Apparently atomicans are in the grip of wedding fever on that day so I'm considering a change of date to Saturday 3rd February 2018.

Thoughts?

Yeah I can handle this.

bringing wootie back

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users