• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#41 CheekyChops

CheekyChops

Titan

• Hero
  • 17,201 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 08:47 AM

That's pretty much just 11 people that can be bothered to log into here, at this point.

... You think there's a chance that people will be bothered to travel when they can't be bothered to log in?

I logged in JUST FOR YOU CYBES :P

I am expressing interest in the meet but I don't know if I can make it as yet, as Juggs and I may be overseas. It would be great to see you all again! I am literally going down memory lane right now, I have just found my backed up hard drives circa 2004-2006 and the things I am finding, and remembering, are priceless <3

ALSO!!! Elvenwhore, you are a mumma now!! That's wonderful, congrats babe :D 

EDIT:

Re feeling old - I just saw my tagline below which has not been updated in fricking years - are you kidding me I won the nekked comp 10 years ago.

TEN!!!!

A DECADE!!!!! FKNWUT!!!!?!?!??!

/dies

Edited by CheekyChops, 19 November 2017 - 08:47 AM.

The Gospel According to Chezekiel: I <3 Juggalo Scrub xox Atomic M33t X, Sydney August 21st 2010 - Be there! Winnar of the Atomic Cosplay Comp and Nekkid Comp '07

#42 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 18,337 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 03:37 PM

I logged in JUST FOR YOU CYBES :P

This odd folding motion is a bow. It's a hard manoeuvre to pull off whilst sitting down. ;)

... just found my backed up hard drives ... are you kidding me I won the nekked comp 10 years ago.

TEN!!!!

I know, hard to fathom isn't it? I still have CDs and DVDs burned with entries for the last comp. (Stop looking at me like that! I was helping curate it, and the files got swept up in the timed backups.)

"Reality does not care what you think." - Dr Richard Feynman
"There is no "I" in team." - "True.  I will not be found in any team."

#43 ReapermanRS

ReapermanRS

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,589 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 08:27 PM

I've offishully booked holidays for that weekend and am just waiting on a venue or choice of venues to book accommodation. Worst comes to worst we can just go sit in the beer garden of the Taphouse.

Stupidity kills. Stop and think before you respond to a message. You could save a life.

#44 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,483 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:06 AM

SO...

Been doing some digging around on venues.  I've found a few in the CBD where we can get packages with foods and/or drinks etc for something in the $30-60 per head range.  I'm also looking at a speshul event slightly prior to the meet (a pre meet gamez event) for some team on team funs.  That will run us to $10-$15 per head if we decide to make it happenz.

Otherwise, I can just find a pub and do something far less organised.

Sooooooooo... I need some postage here as to which path I would be better travelling.  Do people want to do paid ticket event (and then probably pub crawl afters in the good 'ol atomic spirit)?  Are people interested in a fun and games prior to the drinkingz?  Do we wanna just hit a pub like a hurricanrana and leave them decimated and shellshocked after blearily working out just what the hell an atomic shot actually IS?

Paid ticket is slightly better in some ways in that we have (reasonably) exact numbers up front and know better what we can do and how it can run however takes a bit more legwork to make happen (which I don't mind).  Looser is a little more difficult in some ways as I have to plan for more eventualities but also kinda easier in some.  

Whaddayas think?

In the light universe I have been darkness. Perhaps in the dark zone I can be light...

Take the boat, promise me 
Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

#45 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,390 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 01:53 PM

I have a preference for one meaningful organised thing, and people doing their own thin before/afterwards. Partly laziness, partly it means I don't have to deal with lots of people in the leadup to dealing with lots of people.
"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#46 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,553 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:35 AM

EDIT:

Re feeling old - I just saw my tagline below which has not been updated in fricking years - are you kidding me I won the nekked comp 10 years ago.

TEN!!!!

/dies

Lol, was it you with the Mudkip hiding the goods?

Or with the Sword and well placed arm angles?

Damn it! Why don't I remember?!

I'm meant to be creepier than this! :P

SO...

Been doing some digging around on venues.  I've found a few in the CBD where we can get packages with foods and/or drinks etc for something in the $30-60 per head range.  I'm also looking at a speshul event slightly prior to the meet (a pre meet gamez event) for some team on team funs.  That will run us to $10-$15 per head if we decide to make it happenz.

Otherwise, I can just find a pub and do something far less organised.

I'm voting Pub or "Lower Class" restaurant.

Also, just to ensure everyone meets and does the thing; I'm also voting for doing the meet\food, and then extra activities AFTER the meet.

"Pre Meets" are always just pre-existing friend groups, and it often means there's already a Clique going on by the time the group expands\meets up.

Edited by Master_Scythe, 27 November 2017 - 10:35 AM.

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#47 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 18,337 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 02:17 PM

I'm voting Pub or "Lower Class" restaurant.

Works for me. Any higher than "Neat Casual" and I'll need notice. "Tie" and I'm not going. ;p

Also, just to ensure everyone meets and does the thing; I'm also voting for doing the meet\food, and then extra activities AFTER the meet.
"Pre Meets" are always just pre-existing friend groups, and it often means there's already a Clique going on by the time the group expands\meets up.

By that I take it you mean "next day" - because the previous ones I've seen tended not to have a whole lot of "after" where people are still willing to be sociable. And we're all older now - Grampa Cybes needs his sleeps.

#48 hectorbustnuts

hectorbustnuts

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 30,451 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:04 AM

My vote, less organised.

All we really need is someplace where the beverages flow freely and somewhere to sit/stand around drinking said beverages long into the night.

Availability of bowls of wedges a bonus.

#49 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,390 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:53 AM

How do you fit wedgies into bowls?  Oh.  I see.

"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#50 hectorbustnuts

hectorbustnuts

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 30,451 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:43 PM

boat.png

"We're going to need a bigger bowl."

#51 mykl_c

mykl_c

Champion

• Hero
  • 6,648 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:34 PM

Alright youngun's, gather round. In the before times, Atomicans came from all kinds of different places in their lives and interests, gathered around the Atomic flame. Magic happened. That magic still binds some of us together even now in the OMGISTHATTHETIME!? Sometimes we would have a gathering, to share space and brews in the reelworld. Some folks would come from faraway, others from downthestreet. Some would arrive the day before, to share special time with special friends. Others would arise early on THE DAY and meet in smaller mobs to do geek in their own peciliar ways. Most would just hope there would be somewhere to sit when they got to the watering hole we'd fooled into giving us access for the night.

Why don't we see if we can bring back something of that spirit, and that magic?

ISAIAH 58:8 "Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—when you see the naked, to clothe him,and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?"

#52 eveln

eveln

Titan

• Atomican
  • 16,924 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:27 PM

Why don't we see if we can bring back something of that spirit, and that magic?

"Spirit " being the operative word. Better to see what the present can give... all the old folk are well, old . As Cybes already alluded too

Laugh to Live . Live to Laugh.

atomic has π

#53 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,553 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:22 AM

My vote, less organised.

All we really need is someplace where the beverages flow freely and somewhere to sit/stand around drinking said beverages long into the night.

As someone who doesn't drink, I'd request there to be the option for something like Fish, with those Wedges.

Because, well, nom.

Well fed atomicans are happy Atomicans, or so the Brisbane meets used to teach.

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#54 hectorbustnuts

hectorbustnuts

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 30,451 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:08 PM

My vote, less organised.

As someone who doesn't drink, I'd request there to be the option for something like Fish, with those Wedges.

Because, well, nom.

Wait...you din't drink?  Like *at all*?  Do you eat, like, shit-tonnes of lettuce?  Because how are you alive?

#55 elvenwhore

elvenwhore

SuperHero

• Mod
  • 11,687 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:56 PM

BrisAtomic AFK catch-ups...

BrisAtomic BBQs...

BrisAtomic Zombie Walks...

I see what you mean thar :-)

Everything I say has come before. Everything I say has come before. Wait - dammit! Oh well, I like you more than reject popcorn bits :-)

#56 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,483 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:14 PM

Soooooo.  Megaquick update.

Venue found and negotiations progressing.  BUT.  I really kinda need to lock in at least vague numbers for some of it due to trying to work out how much space approximately we will need (venues kinda like this info).  So this is gonna be a ticketed event.

Ticket price will be $30.  This will get you a spot at the festivities, a drink (wine or beer) on arrival, some scooby snacks (sliders/mini kebabs or something of that nature) and a piece of atomic birthday cake as well as the undying love of the community.

Walk-ins and last minute arrivals can be catered for if required, however this will help me organise stuff.

Venue details are to be released very shortly, but for those with the slightest bit of google-fu, start checking out public transport options to the Three Wise Monkeys in the CBD.

I have setup a paypal.me account, but will need people to email me details so I can match up payments and email tickets.  Links and confirmed stuff to follow very shortly.

Complaints can be made to anyone who will listen.

In the light universe I have been darkness. Perhaps in the dark zone I can be light...

Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

#57 Doc Forrest

Doc Forrest

Charge

• Atomican
  • 404 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:09 PM

Well, it has been a while since we all got together. Fuck it, I'm in.

Normal is just a setting on the washing machine. Life is too short to waste drinking bad coffee.

#58 Jedi_Vader20

Jedi_Vader20

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:35 PM

*taps mic*

This thing still work?

BrisAtomic AFK catch-ups...

BrisAtomic BBQs...

BrisAtomic Zombie Walks...

I see what you mean thar :-)

The good old days :3

i7 2600k @ 4.5Ghz (TurboBoost ON) | Corsair H100 | ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE | 16 GB Corsair "Vengeance" DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 | Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 4GB  | 120GB OCZ Vertex III, 2x2TB WD Caviar Green | Pioneer BDR-202 | Corsair HX-650 | Fractal Design Define R5 | Benq V4200W + Acer CB280HK | Logitech G910 Orion Spark | Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum

#59 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 18,337 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:14 AM

I really kinda need to lock in at least vague numbers...

I would like to, but I'm unsure if I actually can ATM. I know I don't have long to make a decision, but it's not all up to me. I'll keep you posted.

#60 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,483 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:59 AM

Don't worry if you can't lock in now and need more time. As long as I've got serious numbers by Jan or you let me know what's going on, I'm hoping to sort out final stuff much closer to the date.

If i get the bulk of peoples getting a ticket by New Years, I can sort out the final stuff later easily. It really helps me out to know basically what I'm working with. It also means we get the best deal i can manage for the price. :)

I really kinda need to lock in at least vague numbers...

I would like to, but I'm unsure if I actually can ATM. I know I don't have long to make a decision, but it's not all up to me. I'll keep you posted.

Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users