• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 861 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 10:39 PM

My folks are in Adelaide,we're is the best place to get PC hardware please ,T,I A

some people worry bout the splinter in an others eye and forget about the log in there own

Cooler Master Cosmos SE case, ,Corsair HX 650 w ,Corsair H 100i Cooler , ,ASUS MG279Q 27inch WQHD IPS FreeSync Monitor

#2 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,058 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:33 AM

MSY seems to have 5 stores there.  The thing with parts stores though is you need to know what you want in advance, and have backup alternative choices if they don't have it in stock.

So, not the place for people not in the know to buy parts for an entire system.

A search also pulls up IT Warehouse but they don't have real competitive prices.

If you're getting someone else to build the system then expect to pay somewhat over the bare parts price.  But there are some shops that have standard builds that they keep in stock and can sell you, sometimes around or less than the cost of the sum of it's parts.  But you'll usually still need to install the OS yourself.

#3 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,181 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:05 AM

Yep, MSY.

They have cheap build rates, and if you pay them to build it and something goes wrong, you'll avoid the usual negative wrap they get from people "bringing in faulty parts" because they damaged them.......

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#4 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 861 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:08 AM

OK guys thanks heaps I've done 4 builds myself ,and if I get stuck I have my atomican friends to help I'm going ryzen,1600 with ram advice from Dasa,
Just a question on gpu,I'm thinking the top of the range Vega ,what do you guys think

some people worry bout the splinter in an others eye and forget about the log in there own

Cooler Master Cosmos SE case, ,Corsair HX 650 w ,Corsair H 100i Cooler , ,ASUS MG279Q 27inch WQHD IPS FreeSync Monitor

#5 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,181 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:09 AM

OK guys thanks heaps I've done 4 builds myself ,and if I get stuck I have my atomican friends to help I'm going ryzen,1600 with ram advice from Dasa,
Just a question on gpu,I'm thinking the top of the range Vega ,what do you guys think

For your parents?

Are they gamers? I suppose it's not impossible, just rare, lol.

If all they play is older things, but want them at max quality, 1050ti.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#6 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 861 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:39 PM

No the rig is for me ,I like that card because the game bundle
I'm in Bali they aRE shopping for me
I have everything else just need gpu,CPU,ram,and mobo

#7 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,271 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:48 PM

You have internet?

MSY have a website and email.

All you need is someone to pick it up for you - or just order it when you're closer to coming home and presumable prices go down.
"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#8 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,181 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:25 PM

I still think the VEGA stuff is cool, but still needs to do its preliminary "New Technology!" price drop. So, yeah, VEGA is cool, but still the new kid on the block.

My vote is still a 1060 6GB, if you're playing at 1080p, and a 1070 if you're playing above that, or dabbling in VR.

Just IMO.

#9 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 861 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:12 PM

thanks Nich thats what ill do ,Thanks Master_Scythe thats great advice but as i live in the north of Australia and shipping from south to there is over$100 ill order online and get me folks to collect me goodies,Cheers Guys

Mster _Scythe so by 1060 you mean vega,and yes ill only be gaming in 1080p

#10 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,181 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:26 PM

thanks Nich thats what ill do ,Thanks Master_Scythe thats great advice but as i live in the north of Australia and shipping from south to there is over$100 ill order online and get me folks to collect me goodies,Cheers Guys

Mster _Scythe so by 1060 you mean vega,and yes ill only be gaming in 1080p

No, not at all.

I can't even find a Vega model with the number 1060

#11 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 861 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:38 PM

no me either sorry mate ive had no sleep ,just want to get this ordered Cheers again

A question please if my monitor is free sync ,and the gpu is gsync wikk there be a clash 

#12 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,271 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:07 PM

There won't be a clash per se, you just can't use gsync on a freesync screen, so it won't adaptively change refresh rates.
"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#13 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 861 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:27 AM

hmmmm yes but is that a good thing or a bad thing nich 

#14 Dasa

Dasa

Guru

• Super Hero
  • 14,868 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:21 AM

its a nothing thing

it will behave as a normal monitor would with no g sync or free sync just v sync until you upgrade to a amd gpu or nvidia stops forcing people to g sync

Silverstone TJ08-EW 6700k@4.7 1.375v - Z170-GENE - 2x8g 3866 16-16-16 - 1070@ 2100\9600MHz  -Samsung 830 64G, Sandisk Ultra II 960G, WD Green 3tb - Seasonic XP1050 - Dell U2713 - Pioneer Todoroki 5.1 Apogee Drive II - EK VGA-HF Supreme  - Phobia 200mm Rad - Silverstone AP181 Project Darkling
3770k vs 6700k RAM Scaling, HT vs RAM, Arma III CPU vs RAM, Thief CPU vs RAM
Parts Guide

#15 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,181 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:41 AM

its a nothing thing

it will behave as a normal monitor would with no g sync or free sync just v sync until you upgrade to a amd gpu or nvidia stops forcing people to g sync

And unless you're playing a game that your GPU can't keep up with, you'll never need G\Free sync anyway.

#16 Dasa

Dasa

Guru

• Super Hero
  • 14,868 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:44 AM

fairly sure g\free syncs the frames when between the supported sync rate of the monitor for example 35-144hz while for v sync to work the fps have to be maxed out at the monitors refresh rate

Silverstone TJ08-EW 6700k@4.7 1.375v - Z170-GENE - 2x8g 3866 16-16-16 - 1070@ 2100\9600MHz  -Samsung 830 64G, Sandisk Ultra II 960G, WD Green 3tb - Seasonic XP1050 - Dell U2713 - Pioneer Todoroki 5.1 Apogee Drive II - EK VGA-HF Supreme  - Phobia 200mm Rad - Silverstone AP181 Project Darkling
3770k vs 6700k RAM Scaling, HT vs RAM, Arma III CPU vs RAM, Thief CPU vs RAM
Parts Guide

#17 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,181 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:19 AM

fairly sure g\free syncs the frames when between the supported sync rate of the monitor for example 35-144hz while for v sync to work the fps have to be maxed out at the monitors refresh rate

Exactly.

So unless your GPU is struggling and dropping below your monitors refresh rate, it'll never become an issue.

#18 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 861 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:48 PM

Gigabyte AB350-GAMING 3 AMD4 B350 4xDDR4/3x PCI-Ex16/M.2/USB3.1 Type-A (Gen 2)/ATX Motherboard

Ryzen 1600x  

GSKILL FLARE XF4 2400C 15D 16 GFX 8X2 

GIGABYTE AORUS N1070 AORUS 8 GB

WD 250 G M2 SSD 

oK so here is my new rig guys thanks for your tips and recomendatios,my folks picked it up this morning ,i have a mate in Darwin i will get to build for $170 as i need a magnifine glass to read evrything on the mobo .im hoping my corsaire 650 psu will be enough ,or else ill need to update that to .

Thats great info about the free sync so on my monitor 144hz what do i set it to or would i just plug in hdmi and leave it as .

Cheers Rob

#19 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,181 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:01 PM

You'll regret the small SSD if you're gaming.

Also, $170 to build it is a RIP OFF, just shoulda got MSY to do it!

#20 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 861 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:19 PM

Yes but i have another ssd 250 gig this is just a topup ,hmmmm i cant get them to build it my case is in Darwin ,Oh and the psu is ok .I find another tech to do it im sure im not the only Darwin gamer on atomic  

Ill probably get whitcher 3 i think i have a few other games on steam ,so that would be fine i hope ? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users