Laugh to Live . Live to Laugh.

atomic has π

#22 strifus

strifus

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:17 AM

You're lucky POST.  People can die from NF in less time than you were affected by it. I hope everything goes well for you. 

Intel Core i7 3930K, Gigabyte x79-UD5, 16GB Corsair Vengence RAM, Gainward 1070GTX, 256GB Samsung 850 EVO, 3 x 1TB Hitachi HDD, LG BD-DVD Optical Drive, Corsair TX 750 PSU, CoolerMaster Hyper 412s HSF, CoolerMaster Cosmos II Tower.

#23 eveln

eveln

Titan

• Atomican
  • 16,757 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:05 AM

All the best for today TMFP .

atomic has π

#24 scruffy1

scruffy1

Champion

• Hero
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:59 AM

yeah, break a leg !

oops.....

maybe just "best wishes"  :P

ummmmmmmmmmm............

#25 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,512 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:15 AM

yeah, break a leg !

oops.....

maybe just "best wishes"  :P

'Dat Bedside Manner Tho' :P

Fingers crossed dude, that's terrifying.

And here I am worried that my digestive system keeps randomly 'Halting' (I could afford to lose a few!)

Really puts things into perspective.

KICK ITS ASS BRO!

At0micans have gotten through amazing things, we're all with ya!

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#26 komuso

komuso

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 2,301 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:20 PM

Wow. That is gnarly TMFP, well beyond anything I expected upon reading the thread title. Speedy recovery mate.

#27 TheManFromPOST

TheManFromPOST

Not to be trifled with

• Hero
  • 8,556 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:44 PM

Been fasting since 6 this morning
Reported to hospital at noon
Finally got to operating theatre at 7.00 pm

#28 eveln

eveln

Titan

• Atomican
  • 16,757 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:59 PM

Been fasting since 6 this morning
Reported to hospital at noon
Finally got to operating theatre at 7.00 pm

So I'm supposing you're in there now. Will post again to you tomorrow .

... what a fucking tedious way to spend a day :\

atomic has π

#29 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,512 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:40 AM

I mean, what else can they do?

This is why we need nanorobotics sooner than later. Something needs to physically go in there and punch the damn bacteria out of you!

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#30 TheManFromPOST

TheManFromPOST

Not to be trifled with

• Hero
  • 8,556 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:03 PM

the bacteria was gone months ago
what the surgery i am having is to reconstruct the skin on my lower calf, ankle and foot
for the most part, it has worked, there are a few spots that are not healling as quick as they should

#31 eveln

eveln

Titan

• Atomican
  • 16,757 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:28 PM

I guess if I'd been stronger about this I would have asked the other day exactly what the surgery was for ... instead I assumed the nasty. You are well on the way to one hell of a scrap book !

atomic has π

#32 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,512 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:59 PM

the bacteria was gone months ago
what the surgery i am having is to reconstruct the skin on my lower calf, ankle and foot
for the most part, it has worked, there are a few spots that are not healling as quick as they should

Cyborg Limbs. ASAP

Get on with it medical science!

Must be a little surreal looking down and seeing so much of what makes you tick.

#33 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 18,239 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:20 PM

Cyborg Limbs. ASAP

Get on with it medical science!

Actually, that's kind possible now: there are brain-controlled artificial limbs.  And not just simple one like legs.  They still have no sensation, though, and no proprioception, so that is a definite downgrade.

"Reality does not care what you think." - Dr Richard Feynman
"There is no "I" in team." - "True.  I will not be found in any team."

#34 scruffy1

scruffy1

Champion

• Hero
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:21 PM

may all your bacteria be symbiotic, and all your limbs be blessed with adequate mobility

as for scars... they are just proof that you lived long enough to heal

if you live somewhere cold, there's very little that a pair of stylish long pants won't make normal :)

hope that the hot weather isn't making any bandages too itchy, and get well soon- long convalescences are okay, but eventually lose their attraction

this i can state from recent personal experience, having just been through a year of waiting for my immune system to re-boot after it copped a half year of chemotherapy that kicked my stage 4 lymphoma's arse quite effectively  :)

it's generally more fun to be on the other side of the desk in medical issues, but being mortal isn't only for my patients

ummmmmmmmmmm............

#35 eveln

eveln

Titan

• Atomican
  • 16,757 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:46 PM

Bloody hell. It really is not just fb and twittersville that slow this place down :(

atomic has π

#36 TheManFromPOST

TheManFromPOST

Not to be trifled with

• Hero
  • 8,556 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:26 PM

@scruffy
long pants are out at the moment, the flap is both swollen and more than what was needed

as for bandages, the one that covers the graft donor site tends to be the most annoying as it stays in place for two weeks

mobility does not seem to be a problem, there is some numbness but walking is fine, steps are getting easier
hopefully stamina improves, can only be active for about two hours before needing to rest

#37 scruffy1

scruffy1

Champion

• Hero
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:39 PM

yeah, numbness is weird... but as long as the bottom of your foot can tell you where the ground is, anything between there and your naughty bits is okay to have interrupted :)

my left thigh has a weird numb patch, that sometimes feels normal, and rarely (thankfully) sends signal akin to being repeatedly stabbed with something rather sharp

and the top of my right foot is permanently strange after i broke one of my midfoot bones and needed several screws until it knitted, but the cut to get them in there must have twanged a cutaneous nerve... i remember my right lower leg being impressively swollen and an obscene purple colour for close to half a year, and then rather magically it went from "zombie leg" to quite an attractive limb in a matter of only days

ah well, i ain't dead yet,,, and it never ceases to amaze me how after a while all my deficiencies are simply absorbed into awareness as the normal state of me at present

keep up the good work getting better, and don't sweat the delays, because time passes whether you fret about it or not, and eventually the new you is what you get to continue the journey

ummmmmmmmmmm............

#38 TheManFromPOST

TheManFromPOST

Not to be trifled with

• Hero
  • 8,556 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 02:25 PM

So, a week after my third graft, and the bandages come off for an observation

as you can see, my main scar seems to be now healing well, once they removed the staples and soaked it, the wound looked clean and definitely seems shallower

the wound on the top of my foot though seems not to be improving :( , but the next checkup is in two weeks, so we will see how it looks then

EDIT

oh, and some feeling is coming back to the skin flap (the left swollen side of the leg)
hoping that is a very good sign

YIwPIV8.jpg

Edited by TheManFromPOST, 20 December 2017 - 03:35 PM.

#39 eveln

eveln

Titan

• Atomican
  • 16,757 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 07:02 PM

christ but that's some impressive change from first pics ! :)

atomic has π

#40 merlin13

merlin13

Guru

• Atomican
  • 8,425 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 04:27 PM

I know that I'm going to burn in a special part of Hell for this, but every time I drop in here I keep thinking "Must get around to doing something with those two pork roasts sitting in the freezer"...

Anything not nailed down is mine, and anything I can prise up is not nailed down...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users