24 replies to this topic

#1 tuongericdoan

tuongericdoan

Serf

• Lurker
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 07:13 PM

~

Edited by Nich..., 09 January 2018 - 06:41 PM.
Nooooope

#2 eveln

eveln

Titan

• Atomican
  • 16,533 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 07:18 PM

Well as it's now 2017 I'm thinking you don't need help.

Laugh to Live . Live to Laugh.

atomic has π

#3 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,232 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 07:18 PM

Last Feb was in 2012 eh?

Can't help you particularly, but I'm sure someone will be along in the next couple of days.  In fact probably another new user who'll post up a nice link to an ambulance chaser's website.

#4 strifus

strifus

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 08:36 AM

Any Lawyers in the house?

Hi All, I'm coming here for some advice, I will contact a lawyer about this but i was hoping someone may be able to shed some light on my situation. I have co-ownership of a home (50/50) with my ex partner. I currently reside in the house and have done so since she left me last Feb(2012). She stayed on in the home (separate rooms) till approx early April 2012. I am in WA. I have been paying 100% of the loan repayments, rates, insurance and maintenance costs for the home. The loan we have is currently locked in to a fixed term interest rate till the end of this year(2013), so we were going to wait till then to sort out the property to save on exit fee's. I am hoping to buy her out at that stage. She is under the impression that she has no obligation to pay me back any of the mortgage payments as she considers me paying it is "rent" for her. I never agreed to this and was wondering if this is true? I wanted to deduct the money she has not contributed to the home off the final value if i decide to buy her out. Any help would be great, I was hoping to end this sooner than Dec this year just to get her out of my financial life! I feel like i need to tip toe around her and be "nice" until it is all sorted and have had enough of it. I feel like i can't move on with my life till this has been resolved.

I have sorta been where you are now dude, and let me say, it's not easy.  I had a defacto partner back almost 20 years ago, we had been together for 6 years and were planning to get married not too long after that.  Then, just about 2 years later, we broke up.  That would've been that, however, her father who was a solicitor, probably advised her to proceed with litigation.  At that time I owned 2 properties in Sanctuary Cove, Queensland, assessed at 600-700k AUD each.  To put it simply, the court ORDERED me to "give" one of those properties to her as compensation for the time she and I were together, even though she didn't contribute one sent to either of those 2 properties and I had contributed financially (loans to her parents) to her family.

The problem here is that, even though she wasn't my wife, and we hadn't spent decades of life together as husband and wife, at the time(circa 2001), they still calculated a partner's contribution to the relationship as what they would do a wife (bear in mind that we didn't have any kids either).  If we had kids, it would've been far worse.  Its been a decade and a half since then, and I haven't kept up to date with the law but I am still assuming that its the same.  If it is, then, what I have mentioned above, could happen.  I suggest seeking legal advice of your own.  Every situation is different and has to be handled that way.  All the best mate.

Intel Core i7 3930K, Gigabyte x79-UD5, 16GB Corsair Vengence RAM, Gainward 1070GTX, 256GB Samsung 850 EVO, 3 x 1TB Hitachi HDD, LG BD-DVD Optical Drive, Corsair TX 750 PSU, CoolerMaster Hyper 412s HSF, CoolerMaster Cosmos II Tower.

#5 i_am_banned2

i_am_banned2

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 10:24 AM

This message is being sent from the far future (2017). There are some major events about to take place in your timeline. In 2017, there are no more houses - we all live under the surface of the Earth. We traverse this Great Under-Realm in giant boring machines equipped with alloy-tipped drills and powerful lasers. I cannot wait for you to join us in this Under-Realming, boring civilisation of the future.

#6 scruffy1

scruffy1

Champion

• Hero
  • 5,438 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 10:27 AM

needs more flux generation

future to the back

ummmmmmmmmmm............

#7 SpudMuffin

SpudMuffin

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 12:53 PM

Really? You have a family law problem and you register an account and post a thread in a PC enthusiast community? No, this must be a particularly stupid bot.

GA-Z170MX Gaming 5 | i7 6700K at 4.4Ghz under a Noctua NH-D15 | G.Skill RipJaws 2x8GB | Gigabyte G1 980Ti | 240GB Kingston HyperX Fury SSD x2 RAID0 for Windows, QNAP TS-412 for everything else

#8 @~thehung

@~thehung

Guru

• Hero
  • 8,681 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 01:36 PM

Really? You have a family law problem and you register an account and post a thread in a PC enthusiast community? No, this must be a particularly stupid bot.

IKR, you can tell why she left him

no pung intended

#9 i_am_banned2

i_am_banned2

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 02:43 PM

... this must be a particularly stupid bot.

You should show a little more compassion. tuongericdoan has seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. He's watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.

#10 eveln

eveln

Titan

• Atomican
  • 16,533 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 05:41 PM

Oooo too harsh you be ! People were used to post all sorts of wonderful life issues here . I recall a guy who seriously wanted to know whether he should throw a raw piece of meat at the lady who had won his heart.

atomic has π

#11 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 18,134 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 05:44 PM

... know whether he should throw a raw piece of meat at the lady who had won his heart.

Depending on species of lady, and exactly what type of meat, that might be a perfectly cromulent question. ;p

"Reality does not care what you think." - Dr Richard Feynman
"There is no "I" in team." - "True.  I will not be found in any team."

#12 eveln

eveln

Titan

• Atomican
  • 16,533 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 05:51 PM

... know whether he should throw a raw piece of meat at the lady who had won his heart.

Depending on species of lady, and exactly what type of meat, that might be a perfectly cromulent question. ;p

IKR ?!

edit: species = human ...iirc he, they both worked in a meatworks

Edited by eveln, 24 December 2017 - 05:53 PM.

atomic has π

#13 i_am_banned2

i_am_banned2

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 06:51 PM

Meatworks is a great place to... meat people.

#14 eveln

eveln

Titan

• Atomican
  • 16,533 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 01:46 PM

Meatworks is a great place to... meat people.

Good name for a trendy bar/cafe  or nightclub.

atomic has π

#15 scruffy1

scruffy1

Champion

• Hero
  • 5,438 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 12:01 AM

i like the idea of a halal deli called "allah ah! snack bar"

ummmmmmmmmmm............

#16 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,232 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 12:15 AM

Do they sell low fatwa food?

#17 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 18,134 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 01:20 AM

i like the idea of a halal deli called "allah ah! snack bar"

Sounds like 'taking the Lord's name in vein' to me (not that anyone can define what 'in vein' actualy means), so whoever tries that is likely to get death threats. Or actually dead.

#18 scruffy1

scruffy1

Champion

• Hero
  • 5,438 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:34 AM

i believe you mean "in vain", rather than hitting up the messiah

as for the death threats, any would be assassins are directed to go for our salman rosti

ummmmmmmmmmm............

#19 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 18,134 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 12:43 PM

You are totally correct.  I can only claim tiredness and throw myself on the mercy of the court.

#20 SpudMuffin

SpudMuffin

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 12:45 PM

He's not the messiah! He's a very naughty boy!

GA-Z170MX Gaming 5 | i7 6700K at 4.4Ghz under a Noctua NH-D15 | G.Skill RipJaws 2x8GB | Gigabyte G1 980Ti | 240GB Kingston HyperX Fury SSD x2 RAID0 for Windows, QNAP TS-412 for everything else

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users