26 replies to this topic

#21 merlin13

merlin13

Guru

• Atomican
  • 8,408 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:51 PM

YOU'RE stressed out?

7 years it's taken me to get my Son up from Victoria to do some serious fishing.

Finally lobs up all keen and enthusiastic, we drive near three hours to my old stamping ground up the coast, it pissed down rain eeeeeeevery time the tide was right to go out. Barely caught a feed with three of us in the boat when we did hit the water.

All we heard from the locals in the interim was "Should have been here last week... the fishing really went off before the rain turned up.... here, look at the pictures of what the other Club members were weighing in last week...".

And they wonder why people go postal.

Edited by merlin13, 07 January 2018 - 06:58 PM.

Anything not nailed down is mine, and anything I can prise up is not nailed down...

#22 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,282 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:08 AM

From this and the other thread - do you need to get more help than you're already getting?

I'm not getting any 'help', lol. I mean, friends to talk to is nice (Hi At0mic!) so thats calming. Typing it out always helps :)

Assuming Ive picked what you're hinting at; I have an IT client who is a Psych of 35 years.

Have talked to him in length about life :)

To quote him as best I can, I'm "Normal" go figure :P How terrifying, lol.

Paraphrasing;

"In this modern world of 'spectrum' I could put anyone on anything. You find me the most perfect family man, and I'll be able to get him locked up. So yeah, I could put you on a list with 'conditions', but the simple question any good doctor asks, is 'Do you live with it, or suffer from it?' You function normally, have never done anything 'stupid' and have only ever made positive life decisions; you're as normal as anyone".

Just because I emotionally beat myself up, well that's called a personality trait :P it's just me, not something that needs fixing, lol

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#23 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,326 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:29 AM

'I don't try to form new relationships anymore because I had bad luck with some past ones' is perhaps 'normal', but not particularly 'healthy'.
"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#24 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,454 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:52 AM

'I don't try to form new relationships anymore because I had bad luck with some past ones' is perhaps 'normal', but not particularly 'healthy'.

It's also called "introversion" (although perhaps not the "once bitten" bit). :P

Forming new relationships is waaaaaaaay too much work for lazy people and introverts.  Keeping up old ones is also nearly in that bucket.  Some people might feel that this can be as healthy as those who form many useless relationships but get pleasure out of that.

Unhealthy might be more "I go out of my way to avoid forming new relationships" rather than just not making an effort to do it.  But then, it might also be unhealthy in Scythes case.  *shrug*

People are weird.

In the light universe I have been darkness. Perhaps in the dark zone I can be light...

Take the boat, promise me 
Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

#25 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,282 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:02 PM

And i recognised it, and am taking effort to try correct it.

Even if thats not a healthy response, it makes me feel better.

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#26 SquallStrife

SquallStrife

Really knows where his towel is

• Atomican
  • 17,946 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:31 PM

I'd have the status in 'the scene' again.

*slap*

Seriously, there are plenty of reasons for chasing "that car (or house, or phone, or... fuck I dunno... backhoe?)", you even mentioned some.

Don't lose yourself down the rabbit hole of doing things to make other people like you.

It's an issue I grapple with every day in my uncontrollably spiralling depression, anxiety, and self-destructive thought patterns, don't let it happen to you.

SyDjDDk.png [retro swim] | AzpUvwG.png @retroswimau | q5O6HgO.png +RetroSwim
四時半を待っています!

#27 zaskar

zaskar

Apprentice

• Quark
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:23 PM

Many years ago, I was also going through some damn hard confronting reality challenges with a chronically sick son, wife with breast cancer and zero family help and I just returned from East Timor. I read this and well, had an epiphany and a few beers and changed my world with my thinking. Hope this helps a little. say strong and never give up, ever.  

Time - by Sir Laurence Olivier

Stand before me on the sign of infinity,
all you of the earth.
With the granting of the law of provination
comes the application of change.

I will give you the key.
And with this knowledge, please realise,
comes the responsibility of sharing it.
I will show you the way.

It's very simple. Throughout the universe
there is order.

In the movement of the planets, in nature
and in the functioning of the human mind.
A mind that is in its natural state of order,
is in harmony with the universe
and such a mind is timeless.

Your life is an expression of your mind.
You are the creator of your own Universe -
For as a human being, you are free to will whatever
state of being you desire through the use of your
thoughts and words.

There is great power there.

It can be a blessing or a curse -
It's entirely up to you.
For the quality of your life is brought about
by the quality of your thinking -
think about that.

Thoughts produce actions -
look at what you're thinking.

See the pettiness and the envy and the greed and the
fear and all the other attitudes that cause
you pain and discomfort.

Realize that the one thing you have absolute
control over is your attitude.

See the effect that it has on those around you.
For each life is linked to all life
and your words carry with them chain reactions
like a stone that is thrown into a pond.

If your thinking is in order,
your words will flow directly from the heart
creating ripples of love.

If you truly want to change your world, my friends,
you must change your thinking.

Reason is your greatest tool,
it creates an atmosphere of understanding,
which leads to caring which is love.

Choose your words with care.
Go forth ... with love.

oF aLl ThE ThInGs i HaVe lOsT i MiSs mY MiNd ThE MoSt!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users