• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 petertohen

petertohen

Serf

• Lurker
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:46 PM

Howdy all, My new amd build is only a couple months old and up till now everything has been running awesomely. Now out of nowhere im getting random freezes in games. I have run registry cleaners/scanned for viruses etc but hopeing theres a fix so I don't have to wipe the hdd etc and start fresh. I am using windows 8 64 bit. Please if you guys need anything else lemme know. Cheers! 

Edited by Chaos.Lady, 30 January 2018 - 08:03 AM.
Removed external link

#2 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,571 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:42 AM

For anyone who's really having this issue; Windows 8 was known to be 'failed'.

A lot of tricks they used to speed up single user logins (for example, no traditional Profiles) resulted in a lot of oddball issues.

8.1 Did fix this, but I don't think they actually offered that for free.....

Now, Windows 7,8,8.1 keys can be used to install Windows 10, and after you run a pass of "O&O Shutup 10" over the top of it, it's a really great OS!

It's so stable, sometimes things like memory errors become hard to pinpoint because it just handles the bad data and re-requests the stream.

As a semi-recent linux convert, I still take my hat off to Windows10.

If they just implement a "I'm an IT pro" option to disable all the wizards, telemetry, and automation, it'd be the best OS in the world!

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#3 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,403 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:08 AM

I'm somewhat dubious of why a new - as in couple of month old - PC build is running a 5 year old OS that has a free upgrade path to windows 10

"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#4 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 15,014 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:33 PM

Well my suggestion is a clean install of Win10 on a new drive and copy all your data back from the windows 8 drive (that way you don't accidently wipe your data)

“We’re not going to stop the wheel. I’m going to break the wheel.” - Daenerys Targaryen

"We have some of the most beautiful hookers in the world" - Putin to Trump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users