• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,537 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 10:12 AM

If potato head dutton has his way, extra $5 per parcel charge.

I'll never understand that.

There is NO WAY it costs $5 per parcel scanned.

I mean, if they want to be unpopular, but still be manageable, drop the import tax to $750, from $1k or something.

Considering what customs calls a parcel, we'll be paying $5.01 for a 0.01c Capacitor!

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#42 TheManFromPOST

TheManFromPOST

Not to be trifled with

• Hero
  • 8,567 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:47 AM

went into a shop yesterday to spend a few hundred
unfortunately it took 3 staff 10 minutes to try to find out if they had any stock, computer said yes but they could nit find it

i walked out empty handed

#43 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 18,304 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:12 AM

went into a shop yesterday to spend a few hundred
unfortunately it took 3 staff 10 minutes to try to find out if they had any stock, computer said yes but they could nit find it

i walked out empty handed

Unfortunately not an uncommon experience these days. Seems like the only people who give a shit are the owners - the staff are too often worthless.

"Reality does not care what you think." - Dr Richard Feynman
"There is no "I" in team." - "True.  I will not be found in any team."

#44 eveln

eveln

Titan

• Atomican
  • 16,862 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 09:14 AM

Maybe the computer was wrong. Maybe whoever is responsible for updating the stock line on the computer is wrong. Maybe the staff on the floor can only obey the boss's computer; maybe the staff could be more independent in their thought processes. 

Maybe if the boss paid more attention to the business ...

Laugh to Live . Live to Laugh.

atomic has π

#45 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,664 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 10:47 AM

The staff only give a shit if they're getting commission from the sale, hence the existence of rubbish like Norton's products.

#46 Quazar

Quazar

Master

• Atomican
  • 533 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 01:41 PM

The staff only give a shit if they're getting commission from the sale, hence the existence of rubbish like Norton's products.

I never once worried about any potentials commission from sales while working in retail, to say I or others in retail don't give a shit is a gross generalisation. May I suggest that you try and find a store where the staff pride themselves of the service they offer as opposed to the commission. From TheManFromPOST brief description it appears that the staff were trying their best to help but the inventory mangement system let them down.

Having worked in retail I will not put up with poor service as there is no excuse for it, so I'll go to another store or buy online.

Not charging for awesomeness since 1973 :)

#47 TheManFromPOST

TheManFromPOST

Not to be trifled with

• Hero
  • 8,567 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 02:00 PM

I never once worried about any potentials commission from sales while working in retail, to say I or others in retail don't give a shit is a gross generalisation. May I suggest that you try and find a store where the staff pride themselves of the service they offer as opposed to the commission. From TheManFromPOST brief description it appears that the staff were trying their best to help but the inventory mangement system let them down.

Having worked in retail I will not put up with poor service as there is no excuse for it, so I'll go to another store or buy online.

the problem for me is i live Ballarat, i dont consider it a small place
but if you want a fridge or a washing machine you now have only two choices

#48 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 18,304 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 04:39 PM

My sis worked retail - hard. Then bought the store. Much later, she's moved on to 'own' a pizza franchise (can you call it ownership when someone else mandates everything about the running of your business?) She can't get good staff. They take home more per week than she does for less hours worked, and then feel free to quit or take a day off with zero notice. One employee they caught stealing from the til on CCTV, and still had to stump legal fees fighting the wrongful dismissal case.

No, there's no excuse for it.  These fuckers aren't even trying to make one.

"Reality does not care what you think." - Dr Richard Feynman
"There is no "I" in team." - "True.  I will not be found in any team."

#49 eveln

eveln

Titan

• Atomican
  • 16,862 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 05:17 PM

My sis worked retail - hard. Then bought the store. Much later, she's moved on to 'own' a pizza franchise (can you call it ownership when someone else mandates everything about the running of your business?) She can't get good staff. They take home more per week than she does for less hours worked, and then feel free to quit or take a day off with zero notice. One employee they caught stealing from the til on CCTV, and still had to stump legal fees fighting the wrongful dismissal case.

No, there's no excuse for it.  These fuckers aren't even trying to make one.

[ not intending to demean your sister's business in any way ]

... it's a pizza place. The staff that work there would hear comments like ... " it's a shit type of job to get " ... " not a real job, just tiding them over till the real job comes along " ... or, ... " it's just money for my study ". And there would

be more negative style comments too. But also, as most of the staff working are all fairly young, work ethics, regardless of reason for working in a pizza joint, are generally still evolving.

Australia's current Fairworks association needs a bloody good kick up the bum AFAIC . Like most of the bodies designed to keep us honest, they seen to have become narrow-minded-self-interested groups.

Staff don't need to care about the biz if they feel like a day off. They don't own the biz.. That's not meant to sound callous, it's just the mindset of the staff.

There's a Dominos up here in Port. I wouldn't buy a pizza from them no matter how much my crave is / was ;) ... the staff there seem to work in a food littered environment quite happily. This is the tropics, fresh food needs good care so's not to make

a person feel yuki afterwards. But that's up here and a very personal example.

I admire your sister's longevity with the franchise.

I've worked the same biz for nearly two decades ( the same industry for nearly three ). I don't own the biz and am mightily glad of it. But I do fully comprehend that if I don't do my job then the biz may not be there for me . I mostly like what I do in retail,

but like any job I could cheerfully wish the client and my boss to another universe, and then at other times the warm feelings of affection for both client and boss make all right with this universe .

... And just to add, I blame the owner of the franchise up here for the less than perfect look of the place up here. << referring to the pizza place in Port.

Here's a thought ...

If the pizza shops employed still agile senior citizens to work  in the pizza shops. You'd still get your fair share of no-hopers, but I reckon you'd get a lot of people really glad of the pay check and employment quite frankly. And with the nous to

realise it's not a cool look to have a food littered work bench, or be wading through shredded cheese on the floor .

edit: for clarity

Edited by eveln, 29 April 2018 - 10:06 AM.

Laugh to Live . Live to Laugh.

atomic has π

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users