6 replies to this topic

#1 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,533 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:17 PM

That last episode shit me off.

The writers of this show only have 2 switch positions, emotional drama, or mass death.

We just learned that a personal favorite of mine (Gabriel the 'mischievous' Archangel) is alive,

Then 3 episodes later, they outright kill him, in a way that it looks like he can't possibly have been a 'hard light clone' that he likes making.

Angel wings burnt into the ground, he's dead.

Bunch of other side characters dead.

Sam goes and does something COMPLETELY uncharacteristic Mr "I give every monster the chance to prove themselves" throws Lucifer back after his fight with Michael, making the OBVIOUS future breakup between him and Jack.

It just feels like every time there's a conflict, they go and cause 5 or 6 major events that leave you feeling like shit, often out of character, and then spend the rest of the season having that character 'make up' for their mistake.

I liked it when it was 'Monster of the week'.

Anyone else still follow this series?

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#2 Outcast_Aussie

Outcast_Aussie

Overlord

• Hero
  • 3,842 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:30 PM

My Missus & daughter are currently going through the latest box set.

Two of my daughters have been to meet the stars at "Supernatural Conventions " (Kind of like ComiCon events.) and had their pictures taken with them.

They charged them about £150 for a set of Pro photos though !!

#3 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,799 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:49 PM

Two of my daughters have been to meet the stars at "Supernatural Conventions " (Kind of like ComiCon events.) and had their pictures taken with them.

That's like AUD 270, a bit rich for a bunch of photos ...

“We’re not going to stop the wheel. I’m going to break the wheel.” - Daenerys Targaryen

"We have some of the most beautiful hookers in the world" - Putin to Trump

#4 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,533 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:59 PM

That's like AUD 270, a bit rich for a bunch of photos ...

Bloody hell!

I'd maybe pay that for a meal out with the celebs, with say, another 20 people at most.

But photos?! Geez

Edited by Master_Scythe, 17 May 2018 - 04:00 PM.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#5 elvenwhore

elvenwhore

SuperHero

• Mod
  • 11,687 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:06 PM

That's about the going rate at Supanova for some of the celebs :-) Not my cup of tea, but each to their own.

As to Gabriel. Well, He's just super awesome! I read a comment off reddit that basically said, yeah Lucifer and Michael are way more powerful but Gabriel is way smarter, which I tend to agree with :-) That said, he did have burned angel wings in Hammer Of The Gods too, when Lucifer "killed" him, so I guess there's still hope! :-) I would absolutely love it if Gabriel pulled off another shenanigan. I know it might seem like too many times but he's lived in that trickster mindset for so long that it would be second nature to him. So I'm hoping against hope that he'll be back again :-)

Although I'm still hoping the real Death will come back - the new one works ok but oh my fucking Chuck, Julian Richings was the most inspired casting EVER. You can't beat that shit! So I'm mildly delusional sometimes when it comes to Supernatural :-)

Sam and Dean, though, they were passing the idiot ball back and forth this episode. Actually, they all were with regards to Jack (it should have been easy to out-manipulate Jack and beat Lucifer at his own game at the same time but oh no, Team FreeWill were too busy yelling and being unreasonable and making themselves look like the bad guys). BUT as to the rift problem. They should have ensured Gabriel got back through the rift because they need Archangel grace to power up another portal and Gabe is waaay more trustworthy than Lucifer! They promised the AU humans they'd help them regroup and return. So ensuring at least one of the Archangels was through the rift so they can open it again should have been Priority #1.5. Not "let him stay behind and fight to buy time against a far more powerful angel and probably die."

That was dumb.

Leaving Lucifer behind could have been an ok move if there wasn't a worse angel left behind for him to team up with. I can only assume Sam thought Michael would kill Lucifer, thereby solving their own problem for them. Yeah, because things work out that easily in the Supernatural universe.

I guess it's kind of refreshing to see characters do stupid things and make decisions in the heat of the moment that turn out to be dumb instead of working out well? They kinda had a plan, then when it started to fray, it's like they just lost their shit and started improvising everywhere. 

Sam and Dean basically ruin everything they touch, anyway; they are really not nice guys :-D They're not even really The good guys. At this point, the Son of freaking Lucifer is a nicer guy than they are. They used to be all about the saving people, hunting things, now they're just hunt that shit down and if we happen to save someone in the process, great, but if not, they shouldn't have gotten in our way.

So after all that, I guess that's a yes, I'm still watching :-D 

Everything I say has come before. Everything I say has come before. Wait - dammit! Oh well, I like you more than reject popcorn bits :-)

#6 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,533 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:46 AM

So after all that, I guess that's a yes, I'm still watching :-D 

Haha, excellent.

I can't express enough how much it shit me off seeing Sam throw Lucifer back down, It's just not Sam.

Mr Siren humping, werewolf trusting, Lucifer hosting,  ol' Sam? The 'I Give everyone a 2nd chance' guy? I was literally disgusted at that writing.

Not to mention, as you did, the obvious no archangels left problem.

Well, besides the obvious (Jack).

AND the subtle plot point thrown in of "I hear your unbinding didn't hold" when Lucifer was taunting Rowena.

Nice lantern you hung there, I mean, she was a beast unbound, but in the mortal world, no more than she was before, really.

Look at someone, say a word, dead. You don't get more powerful than that on the mortal coil. You didn't need to subtly re-bind her with a plot point.

- Sam betrays Lucifer, CLEARLY making room for Jack to find out and go off the rails (new enemy to work out, ooooOOOOO, subtle.)

- Gabe dies, can Jack wake him up in the 'Nothing' again, like he did with Cas? I doubt it, but fuck, way to dangle the cookie only to rip it away again. It wasn't even much of a deus ex, because Cas had said again and again "Who knows how long he'll take to recharge", he was drained for years, they coulda kept him around at 'normal angel level' for a LONG time before he became the scape goat.

- Heaven is now basically 'empty', I'm expecting there to be a 'mass ghosts on earth' subplot at some point. Or perhaps just a "re released 5 million souls, it was too heavy for 5 angels to hold".

- OBVIOUSLY with archangels dead, Jack will be the one to sit the throne and stabilise heaven.

I mean, A+ for the 'Gabe drinks Grace, and burns the Demon' scene with Asmodeus being destroyed.

What happened to that, writers? Huh?

A near impossible scene, with a nice dose of "this Lore still works, Angel, smash the demon please".

It was still an Edge of the Seat moment, with Gabe weak, and still scared.

Eugh.... Maybe they'll save it, but right now, I can just see it all.

Lucifer and Michael get back to earth.

Jack find out Sam betrayed Lucifer.

Jack goes AWOL.

Lucifer tries to 'corrupt him'.

Jack is too sensitive for that. Freaks out, hurts people, hates himself.

Cas, or more likely Naomi, explains heaven needs a ruler, and he can't hurt people there.

Jack is removed from story line.

God I hope I'm wrong, but these writers are killing me....

Edited by Master_Scythe, 18 May 2018 - 10:48 AM.

#7 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,472 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:44 PM

I still haven't managed to catch up on this season. Sounds like waiting for the DVD might be the go now...

I have had an issue for a few seasons though still enjoying it, I've gotten very bored with them breaking up the brothers, then putting them back together over and over and over again.  It's even more annoying than the constant ressurection.

In the light universe I have been darkness. Perhaps in the dark zone I can be light...

Take the boat, promise me 
Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users