4 replies to this topic

#1 CrazyBro

CrazyBro

Serf

• Lurker
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 11:41 AM

Hi Guys and Girls

Delete if not allowed. I am new to the forum discusses. Can anyone help me which software is good for editing and making intro on youtube video's?

Cheers

#2 Dasa

Dasa

Guru

• Super Hero
  • 14,944 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 06:22 PM

welcome to the forum

perfectly fine provided you or another one post user don't post a link advertising some wiz bang software\virus in which case deleted... :)

i have just been using a old version of premier elements for my editing but maybe its time i switched

it really depends how much you want to do and how dumbed down it needs to be but from what i can find this may be a good place to start if you don't mind taking the time to watch some guides and learn how to use it and don't want to upload in full 4k or higher

DaVinci Resolve: free limitations

https://flavioggarci...on-limitations/

you can download version 15 free beta here

https://www.blackmag...davinciresolve/

Edited by Dasa, 17 June 2018 - 06:24 PM.

Silverstone TJ08-EW 6700k@4.6 1.35v - Z170-GENE - 2x8g 3733 16-16-16 - 1070@ 2000\4650MHz - Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, Sandisk Ultra II 960G, WD Green 3tb - Seasonic XP1050 - Dell U2713, Benq W1070 - Logitech Z680, Home theater system - Apogee Drive II - EK VGA-HF Supreme - Phobia 200mm Rad - Silverstone FM181 & AP181 Project Darkling
3770k vs 6700k RAM Scaling, HT vs RAM, Arma III CPU vs RAM, Thief CPU vs RAM
Parts Guide

#3 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,858 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 07:11 PM

YouTube happily receives plenty of filetypes and generally converts to MP4/H.264 as well as others for compatibility with slower mobile devices.

Generally you want to do content creation and editing with something that lends well to frame based cut/paste operations.  Plain old MPEG-2 like DVDs use can be good for that as it's supported by plenty of software.  MPEG4/H.264 is also fairly well supported.

But the bottom line is that during content creation, the fact you want to upload to YT isn't all that relevant.  Content creation will be much the same whether the end product is to be there or a DVD.

#4 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,571 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:46 PM

+1 DaVinci Resolve.

If you intend to learn to video edit 'properly' at some point, then Lightworks is more than enough. It's used by genuine movie studios!

Hitfilm Express though, would be my choice for simple but powerful software.

Other benefit being, if you outgrow Hitfilm Express, you can unlock more of its pro features with the full version.

let us know what you try and think of each :)

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#5 SquallStrife

SquallStrife

Really knows where his towel is

• Atomican
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:34 PM

If you happen to own a Mac, then the included iMovie is utterly brilliant.

The popular channel Techmoan is edited in iMovie, for instance. It's pretty darn good.
SyDjDDk.png [retro swim] | AzpUvwG.png @retroswimau | q5O6HgO.png +RetroSwim
四時半を待っています!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users