6 replies to this topic

#1 alicerain2020

alicerain2020

Serf

• Lurker
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 07:22 PM

nope.

Edited by Nich..., 17 July 2018 - 12:11 PM.
no ninja edits

#2 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,509 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 08:54 PM

Redbook valuation for that car is between $3,500 - $5,100 so my guess would be "not all that much". :P

Sorry, NSWer here.

In the light universe I have been darkness. Perhaps in the dark zone I can be light...

Take the boat, promise me 
Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

#3 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,857 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 09:35 PM

Deja Vu strikes again.

Practically every insurer has an easy to use online quote generator so WTH would anyone be asking here?

Well, actually 5 years ago that statement wasn't quite true, which would validate my initial claim.

Price for a BA is highly variable anyway, from scrap value up to a few or even several grand for an XR6 or XR8 in near new condition.

As for an XR6 XT - they don't exist.  XT is the designation they assigned to the base model.  XR6 will either be plain XR6 or XR6 T denoting turbo.

#4 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,509 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 10:45 AM

Yeah, I looked for an older post with this and couldn't see one, so benefit of doubt here. :)

Deja Vu strikes again.

Practically every insurer has an easy to use online quote generator so WTH would anyone be asking here?

Well, actually 5 years ago that statement wasn't quite true, which would validate my initial claim.

In the light universe I have been darkness. Perhaps in the dark zone I can be light...

Take the boat, promise me 
Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

#5 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,571 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 10:53 AM

in QLD "Fire & Theft" is all roughly the same price, $250~350 per year.

If you wanted to add cover for YOUR vehicle, I drive a car thats valued at about $4000 (which is funny, because you can't BUY one for less than 10k) and I pay $395 per year full comp.

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#6 ArchangelOfTheLamb

ArchangelOfTheLamb

Learner

• Quark
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:24 PM

Red book value and insurable value are always less than what a car would cost if you bought it from a respectable dealer. Having said that, you can get cars for the red book value from auctions, Gumtree or Craigslist (buyer beware...).

As Rybags said, just about every insurer has an online quote generator, even if they don't offer cover until you have actually called them and spoken to someone. My advice would be not to go for the first insurer that comes to mind, but to have a look online and compare prices. Also read the PDS and the insurance contract (these also tend to be published online) so that you know what cover you are paying for exactly. If the insurance is ridiculously cheap, there might be heaps of exclusions or an enormous excess that defeats the whole purpose of getting insurance. Again, buyer beware - it is better to read the fine print (though it might be a bit tedious) and pick a product that suits your risk profile instead of being left high and dry and whingeing about it later.

"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." Hebrews 13:2

"These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done." Revelation 22:6

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city." Revelation 22:12-14

"I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star." Revelation 22:16

#7 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,857 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:43 PM

I'm not sure about Redbook these days - supposedly not very reliable.

As for insurance - in my recent experience it's like they play the discount game to get the newbies onboard then just jack up the price.

A few years ago, I moved from Budget Direct to Coles as they had the cheapest but then they increased it every year to the point where last year I said fuggit and did another look around.

Most competitors beat them or weren't far behind but to my big surprise NRMA came in the cheapest so I went with them.

The annoying thing about it all is that these days they don't even have shopfronts, so you're just doing it online or dealing with an offshore call centre.

And the bottom line is that they're just resellers, and likely brokering on behalf of the same multinational giant such as Lloyds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users