• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ArchangelOfTheLamb

ArchangelOfTheLamb

Learner

• Quark
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:35 PM

I saw a funny poster at the ADFA cyber range that gave me a giggle, so I thought I would share. :-P

"Know your paradoxes! In the event of rogue AI:
1. Stand still.
2. Remain calm.
3. Scream:
- This statement is false!
- New mission: Refuse this mission!
- Does a set of all sets contain itself?"

Lolz we tried them on Siri. The first two resulted in undefined behaviour (either "I do not understand" or something totally random and weird). The third one was less funny - she just Googled it lolz.

"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." Hebrews 13:2

"These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done." Revelation 22:6

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city." Revelation 22:12-14

"I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star." Revelation 22:16

#2 RenascentMisanthropy

RenascentMisanthropy

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,734 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 08:54 PM

How do we define roque AI?

Hail Satan.

#3 ArchangelOfTheLamb

ArchangelOfTheLamb

Learner

• Quark
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:28 AM

My definition is an AI that refuses to do as it's told. Though by that definition, Cortana is a rogue AI, since she does not bugger off my OS when I tell her to!

"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." Hebrews 13:2

"These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done." Revelation 22:6

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city." Revelation 22:12-14

"I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star." Revelation 22:16

#4 scruffy1

scruffy1

Champion

• Hero
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 11:09 AM

My definition is an AI that refuses to do as it's told.

you have just described windows

ummmmmmmmmmm............

#5 RenascentMisanthropy

RenascentMisanthropy

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,734 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:41 AM

The question is still vague. What are the circumstances pictured by the poster you saw?

I disabled cortana and lots of other dumb stuff in Win10.

I'm hanging on to whatever frayed strands remain from the glorious WinXP days.

Hail Satan.

#6 scruffy1

scruffy1

Champion

• Hero
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:21 AM

win7 for the win !

still on all my non-android machines at home (that's 5  desktops including the htpc)

linux will be my next upgrade, and the main delay in that has been other family members, and esoteric tools for radio control and also my sound cards, that don't easily take to mint

win 8 was pretty crap; win 10 is just annoying - ugly and full of advertorial bloat

ummmmmmmmmmm............

#7 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,857 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 05:19 PM

Win10 somewhat more liveable with ClassicShell and 7+Taskbar installed.  Then the main annoyance becomes the obtrusive updater activity.   Annoying as frig that sometimes my laptop will be screaming when idle, and it's just the update process frigging about for no known reason.

Another huge plus with the later OSes is that explorer copy operations are so much easier - you can just keep firing off new ones and pause them, then unpause as each previous one finishes.

But yeah - still on 7 on my desktop here and might stick it out until extended support is dropped in a couple of years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users