• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 1shot1kill

1shot1kill

Immortal

• Atomican
  • 64,942 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:04 PM

I've been living in Canberra now for 11 years. For the last five years I've also had my own off grid house near Eden, doing the weekly commute has been a real grind and I had planned on moving to the shack in about October this year.

This is where life gets in the way. I've gone and fallen in love with a 35 year old redheaded woman from Kentucky, USA. We're engaged to be married in March 2019.

Me, the eternal bachelor, getting married again. Hell!

"Why, they couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..." The average rounds expended per kill with the M16 in Vietnam was 50,000. Snipers averaged 1.3 rounds. The cost difference was $2300 v. 27 cents. Certa Cito

#2 eveln

eveln

Titan

• Atomican
  • 17,023 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:30 PM

Wow ! it's a 1shot !. Congratulations !. So Kentucky or Eden or both ? Where is winter the bestest / warmest ? << that'd be the decider for me

Laugh to Live . Live to Laugh.

atomic has π

#3 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,857 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:34 PM

Congrats.

11 years... friggen hell, doesn't seem that long.

#4 1shot1kill

1shot1kill

Immortal

• Atomican
  • 64,942 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:34 PM

Wow ! it's a 1shot !. Congratulations !. So Kentucky or Eden or both ? Where is winter the bestest / warmest ? << that'd be the decider for me

Here to start with. Once she's got permanent residency, then maybe I'll head to Kentucky for a while.

"Why, they couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..." The average rounds expended per kill with the M16 in Vietnam was 50,000. Snipers averaged 1.3 rounds. The cost difference was $2300 v. 27 cents. Certa Cito

#5 eveln

eveln

Titan

• Atomican
  • 17,023 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:51 PM

So I guess an Autumn wedding in Eden it is then . whatever. it's good to know you still inhabit the planet.

atomic has π

#6 DEVERE

DEVERE

Titan

• Atomican
  • 23,861 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 10:17 PM

Congratulations 1shot - good to see your face around here again 😄
Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thainig thu. Cinnidh Scuit saor am fine, Mur breug am faistine, Far am faighear an Lia-Fail, Dlighe flaitheas do ghabhail. - Quote by eveln Maybe the wolf's a vagitarian...let's not start picking on him for his dietary habits.

#7 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 18,377 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 12:17 AM

G'day 1shot! Nice to see you again. Congratulations1

"Reality does not care what you think." - Dr Richard Feynman
"There is no "I" in team." - "True.  I will not be found in any team."

#8 1shot1kill

1shot1kill

Immortal

• Atomican
  • 64,942 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 06:02 AM

Yup, and you. I'm not sure how much I'll be around, I'm mostly on Facebook these days. I have a YouTube channel with about 6,200 subscribers these days, that generates some reasonably passive income for me.

Driving to and from the shack soaks up about seven hours a week. And then there's Angela.

So just how DID I get hooked up with a chick from Kentucky?

Well, we've been admins in the same Facebook homesteading (farming, hobby farming, prepping, etc) for close to four years now. Turns out she's had a serious crush on me for most of that time. Earlier this year we started chatting privately every now and then as her abusive marriage continued to get worse.

Then, in early April, she let me know she wasn't just flirting for the fun of it and things progressed fairly quickly from there. She had to have carpal tunnel surgery done, which meant two weeks away from work and the farm. She, somewhat jokingly, said that she could afford to go on a cruise, go to Hawaii or go to Australia. Jokingly, I said that, "Australia could be fun". Next thing you know, she's got a ticket booked for Australia and a passport application in.

I've had the last three weeks off work as she arrived on the 20th of June and we've been pretty much inseparable since.

#9 TheManFromPOST

TheManFromPOST

Not to be trifled with

• Hero
  • 8,593 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 06:44 AM

thats great news

#10 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,571 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 12:30 PM

Wow, congrats!

Sincerely!

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#11 Leonid

Leonid

Immortal

• Atomican
  • 40,550 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:32 PM

Running the risk

Yup, and you. I'm not sure how much I'll be around, I'm mostly on Facebook these days. I have a YouTube channel with about 6,200 subscribers these days, that generates some reasonably passive income for me.

Driving to and from the shack soaks up about seven hours a week. And then there's Angela.

So just how DID I get hooked up with a chick from Kentucky?

Well, we've been admins in the same Facebook homesteading (farming, hobby farming, prepping, etc) for close to four years now. Turns out she's had a serious crush on me for most of that time. Earlier this year we started chatting privately every now and then as her abusive marriage continued to get worse.

Then, in early April, she let me know she wasn't just flirting for the fun of it and things progressed fairly quickly from there. She had to have carpal tunnel surgery done, which meant two weeks away from work and the farm. She, somewhat jokingly, said that she could afford to go on a cruise, go to Hawaii or go to Australia. Jokingly, I said that, "Australia could be fun". Next thing you know, she's got a ticket booked for Australia and a passport application in.

I've had the last three weeks off work as she arrived on the 20th of June and we've been pretty much inseparable since.

Interesting how shit like that happens.

I met a Russian girl in Thailand who was just nice... marriage was disintegrating on my end.... talking to her.... grew to like her.

As ex and I separated, I flew to Moscow.

7 years later... married with a 4yo and a 6mo old pair of little ladies.

But then again, I ain't crazy enough to risk red-headed children :)

"I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees." - Stephane Charbonnier (1967-2015)

"If liberty means anything, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." - George Orwell

#12 Kothos

Kothos

Titan

• Atomican
  • 17,050 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 10:02 PM

Haha, I mean, congrats!

Seriously though that's a nice shot in the arm.  These things happen when you least expect it.  I hope the rest of your life stays as happy as you are now.

"To love another you have to undertake some fragment of their destiny." - Quentin Crisp

#13 eveln

eveln

Titan

• Atomican
  • 17,023 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:03 AM

Running the risk...

...7 years later... married with a 4yo and a 6mo old pair of little ladies.

Crikey. you've been busy.

makes me tired just thinking on that ^^

atomic has π

#14 RenascentMisanthropy

RenascentMisanthropy

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,734 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:32 AM

Me, the eternal bachelor, getting married again. Hell!

Congrats you old dog :D

Hail Satan.

#15 komuso

komuso

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 2,317 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:56 PM

Somehow, I can imagine that a redhead is very suitable! Congrats 1shot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users