• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 DEVERE

DEVERE

Titan

• Atomican
  • 23,861 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 03:07 PM

Many of you won’t remember me having been absent from the forums for about 4 or 5 years, but many of you will.  So life gallops on at its own will - and what have i been up to?    

My husband and I have been flat out running our own business that we purchased a little over 7 years ago.  We’ve had our ups and downs - as with most business, you have your good years and not so good years, but we are still doing our thing after all this time (and those grey hairs from stressful times suck goat balls!!)  We’ve got two great lads working for us who have become like family.  We are still enjoying operating & running our butcher shop - trying out new ideas,  we have been been re-discovering the art & science of charcuterie made from scratch (without using common place pre-mixed meals full of shit preservatives).  

My beloved grandfather and last surviving grand parent passed away last year at the ripe old age of 97 - theres hope for me yet!!

All of those friends on facebook will know my 2nd eldest daughter presented me with two gorgeous grandchildren - a boy aged 1 and a girl aged 2 (who loves stealing Nanna’s bacon!!) but I love them both dearly.

Life goes on so quickly - don't let it pass you by!  

http://s1376.photobu...html?sort=3&o=1

http://s1376.photobu...html?sort=3&o=0

Edited by DEVERE, 09 July 2018 - 06:07 PM.

Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thainig thu. Cinnidh Scuit saor am fine, Mur breug am faistine, Far am faighear an Lia-Fail, Dlighe flaitheas do ghabhail. - Quote by eveln Maybe the wolf's a vagitarian...let's not start picking on him for his dietary habits.

#2 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,571 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 03:55 PM

i remember ya.

welcome back

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#3 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,857 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 04:27 PM

Welcome back & congrats on the news.  Hang around some more.

#4 DEVERE

DEVERE

Titan

• Atomican
  • 23,861 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 04:30 PM

Welcome back & congrats on the news.  Hang around some more.

Now I have my log in sorted I might just do that!

Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thainig thu. Cinnidh Scuit saor am fine, Mur breug am faistine, Far am faighear an Lia-Fail, Dlighe flaitheas do ghabhail. - Quote by eveln Maybe the wolf's a vagitarian...let's not start picking on him for his dietary habits.

#5 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 18,377 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 05:25 PM

Many of you won’t remember me...

i remember ya.
welcome back

As do I. Considering we've already exchanged posts, I expect you know that already - unless the grandma genes are kicking in! ;)

Sorry to hear about your gramps; glad to hear about the grandkids.

"Reality does not care what you think." - Dr Richard Feynman
"There is no "I" in team." - "True.  I will not be found in any team."

#6 eveln

eveln

Titan

• Atomican
  • 17,023 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 07:11 PM

Very cool four generation shot there.

You aught to be damn proud of the fact of your continuing business in these interesting times. Kudos. Still remember some shots you posted of the beaches in your neck of the woods. Am glad you still reside and are thriving there.

I said already your return makes the asylum feel more homely, be good to see it continue :)

Laugh to Live . Live to Laugh.

atomic has π

#7 Kothos

Kothos

Titan

• Atomican
  • 17,050 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 10:07 PM

Hard to forget you when I see you on FB :-p But it's nice to come back to the forums every now and again and see what's what, what?

It's a bit sad though they are so empty.

P.S. Cute bubby!!

Edited by Kothos, 09 July 2018 - 10:08 PM.

"To love another you have to undertake some fragment of their destiny." - Quentin Crisp

#8 DEVERE

DEVERE

Titan

• Atomican
  • 23,861 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 11:10 PM

Five generations eveln - my mother wasnt in the shot. 😄

#9 eveln

eveln

Titan

• Atomican
  • 17,023 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:59 AM

Five generations eveln - my mother wasnt in the shot.

Ah, that's a shame your mum wasn't in the pic ... still a very cool shot of the four generations tho ;)

Laugh to Live . Live to Laugh.

atomic has π

#10 stadl

stadl

Guru

• Super Hero
  • 9,059 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:03 AM

Welcome back.

And a nice story about generations, even those passing but leaving another 4 generations to remember them.

A device so simple that it took a mind as brilliant as mine to create it! So brilliant, in fact, that simply by harnessing the power of one live frog, it... it... uhh... <poke> <poke> ... World domination has encountered a momentary setback. Talk amongst yourselves.

#11 komuso

komuso

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 2,317 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:47 PM

Not that I've been an integral part of the social fabric of this place, but the green room page is full of names I haven't seen for a while. I had to double check to make sure I hadn't clicked back to 2009....

And hello Devere. Butcher's shop seems like an incredibly interesting venture, one of the art forms that still remains.

#12 DEVERE

DEVERE

Titan

• Atomican
  • 23,861 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:36 PM

Not that I've been an integral part of the social fabric of this place, but the green room page is full of names I haven't seen for a while. I had to double check to make sure I hadn't clicked back to 2009....

And hello Devere. Butcher's shop seems like an incredibly interesting venture, one of the art forms that still remains.

Major head ache at times (latest headache is from ACCC and the Country Of Origin labelling meaning I have to check every bloody thing I label)

But yes - its great fun, and is definitely an art.

Cheers!

#13 smadge1

smadge1

Titan

• Atomican
  • 25,798 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 10:31 AM

A lot of the "old folks" coming out of the woodwork recently!

Been a while DEVERE!

Put your monkey where your mouth is. These are the voyages of the starship Lucy Liu. What's On My Mind? http://twitter.com/smadge1 http://smadge1.tumblr.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users