• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 bibigothanh09

bibigothanh09

Serf

• Lurker
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:17 AM

I used to be smaller when I was 12 but now am 29 and am 187cm and I used to soak when I was young in a huge deep bathat my Nan's place. Now I live in a flat and the bath is so shallow and short I can't get more than my legs and bum in the bath unless I lay down and have my legs sticking out. Sinces its department of housing theres no modification allowed or even possible to raise water height. Sometimes I just want a good old wash and soak so I search around the net and what do I find? The only places listed are guess what? Gay bathhouses >_< places where only Gay people go with side rooms for sex and stuff. Anyone know of a good alternative for those of us that are straight? Pools are no good cause even heated pools are cold and I really wanna soak in just warm relaxing water for an hour or 2.

#2 Outcast_Aussie

Outcast_Aussie

Overlord

• Hero
  • 3,865 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:59 AM

I've just got out of a steaming hot bath.

Luvverley

Move to the UK if you want a bath. Heck.. We even have a town called Bath !

#3 eveln

eveln

Titan

• Atomican
  • 17,023 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:00 AM

We have a bath toooo ! Sorta got out of the habit real quick of filling the bath tho. When we first arrived up here, it was the thing to not do your whites' washing ( or most of it regardless of colour ) right after (or during )

good prolonged rain.

Nobody mentioned filling the bath, probably cos well duhh ! Anyway we tried it once, that was enough to put us awf the idea . Water is all good now :) still, though I do hesitate with the desire to fill ze bath.

Luvverley

... but ain't it summer over there ?!

Laugh to Live . Live to Laugh.

atomic has π

#4 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,858 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:27 AM

When I was younger I had a nice rubber duck that had a receptacle that was ideal to hold a bar of soap or piece of spam.

http://forums.atomic...soak-in-a-bath/

#5 DEVERE

DEVERE

Titan

• Atomican
  • 23,861 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:00 PM

That sux big time.  I'm one of those lucky ones to have a bath tub big enough to fit both myself (175cm) & husband (188cm) at the same time and have all the bits covered nicely :D

Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thainig thu. Cinnidh Scuit saor am fine, Mur breug am faistine, Far am faighear an Lia-Fail, Dlighe flaitheas do ghabhail. - Quote by eveln Maybe the wolf's a vagitarian...let's not start picking on him for his dietary habits.

#6 Kothos

Kothos

Titan

• Atomican
  • 17,050 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:40 PM

Can you just ask a friend who has a bath big enough if you can "borrow" it for a couple of hours?

"To love another you have to undertake some fragment of their destiny." - Quentin Crisp

#7 Outcast_Aussie

Outcast_Aussie

Overlord

• Hero
  • 3,865 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:57 PM

We have a bath toooo ! Sorta got out of the habit real quick of filling the bath tho. When we first arrived up here, it was the thing to not do your whites' washing ( or most of it regardless of colour ) right after (or during )

good prolonged rain.

Nobody mentioned filling the bath, probably cos well duhh ! Anyway we tried it once, that was enough to put us awf the idea . Water is all good now :) still, though I do hesitate with the desire to fill ze bath.

Luvverley

... but ain't it summer over there ?!

Indeed it is. We've actually been having a bit of a heatwave too... 30c for a few days. However the last couple of days it's been 14c and it feels well cold so I had a steaming how bath.  Love how the heat gets right into your bones.

Yeah I guess I'm getting old !

Edited by Outcast_Aussie, 13 July 2018 - 05:57 PM.

#8 eveln

eveln

Titan

• Atomican
  • 17,023 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:24 PM

I knew it to be a spamy OP but hey, not quite like the two that got nuked last night :)

I don't often get the urge for a hot bath, but there have been times when I've positively, almost achingly yearned to float in salt water

Laugh to Live . Live to Laugh.

atomic has π

#9 Kothos

Kothos

Titan

• Atomican
  • 17,050 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:22 PM

I never saw anything to particularly like in a bath until I got older and started having muscle aches.  Of course, half that is my sedentary lifestyle sitting in front of a computer for 10 hours a day.

Sometimes my muscles are so tight and the pain so bad I vomit, but a hot bath loosens the tension pretty well.

"To love another you have to undertake some fragment of their destiny." - Quentin Crisp

#10 RenascentMisanthropy

RenascentMisanthropy

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,734 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:52 PM

I am 6'3

My bath tub is 4'2

When I want to soak, I have an inflatable kiddy pool.

It's more of a summer time thing.

Edited by RenascentMisanthropy, 13 July 2018 - 10:53 PM.

Hail Satan.

#11 Kothos

Kothos

Titan

• Atomican
  • 17,050 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:38 PM

Ha, that reminds me of a gf who was 6' tall and her bath was a miniature well at the bottom of her shower that was about 1.5m x 1.5m (a big shower but a tiny bath).

She used to curl up in the foetal position in order to have a bath - and the liked it!!

#12 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 18,377 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 01:43 AM

"Baths are medieval filth cauldrons."

Unless you don't need to bathe, but rather soak. Also, they're dangerous to get out of if your strength or balance is compromised.

"Reality does not care what you think." - Dr Richard Feynman
"There is no "I" in team." - "True.  I will not be found in any team."

#13 aliali

aliali

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 24,486 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:36 AM

I am 6'3

My bath tub is 4'2

One of my cousins had that problem so he fixed it by buying one of those enormous special hospital type baths. Huge thing that uses a shitload of water but he likes it because he can lay at full stretch in it.

His hot water comes from a wetback wood stove so no huge power bill whenever he uses it.

Of course you are my bright little star,

I've miles and miles of files pretty files of your forefather's fruit,

and now to suit our great computer. You're magnetic ink.

#14 scruffy1

scruffy1

Champion

• Hero
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 01:56 PM

i love hospital baths, which sadly are an endangered species

when i was a resident, any occasions where i was obliged to "live in" were compensated by a ginormous bath and unlimited supply of free hot water, which would see me spend several hours asleep in the bath with only occasional periods of consciousness to top up the heat - poeple always get concerned about drowning risk, but unless you are chemically sedated or have a convulsion or stroke, you will protect your airway in the event that you slide far enough

bliss!

the next best / equally best bath was a friend's outdoor japanese bath, which was indeed for clean soaking (after a shower), where the heat was supplied via a simple burner which sucked in cold water and expelled heated water by convection alone; after initial fire up, it only took a few smalll sticks to keep it chugging, that you could add without getting out of the water even - wooden long tub located next to the pool overlooking the orchard... great !

our house on purchase had a horrible pink but commendably huge 1950's tub, and after later renovation, the rather smaller one that replaced it is hardly ever used, whereas the original ugly one was a certain soak at least a few times a week - better for the water bill, but poorer for my soul

ummmmmmmmmmm............

#15 Kothos

Kothos

Titan

• Atomican
  • 17,050 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 02:13 PM

So where is OP located?  Seriously just come and use my bath, it's no big deal.  Although my wife might have something to say about it but I'll cop that :-p

#16 smadge1

smadge1

Titan

• Atomican
  • 25,798 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 10:25 AM

who installs small baths? i mean, if there isn't room for a proper sized bath in the bathroom, why even bother?

Put your monkey where your mouth is. These are the voyages of the starship Lucy Liu. What's On My Mind? http://twitter.com/smadge1 http://smadge1.tumblr.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users