• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 orinjuse

orinjuse

Titan

• Hero
  • 21,872 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:56 AM

I've been plagued with corrupt InDesign CS3 files from my design guys for a while now - sometimes they would work fine, sometimes they wouldn't open. I've just discovered a neat little fix, though, so I thought I'd share it. On my Mac (OS X 10.4) I was getting the message "Cannot open file blah. Adobe Indesign may not support the file format..." These were files downloaded from our company FTP server. I've been having similar problems with files in email that would be stripped of all file information and wouldn't open. I've found that cutting the .indd file extension off the bad files, and then opening them with Stuffit Expander gives me a lovely clean Indesign file that opens without any hassles. I'm not sure why it happens, but that's how to fix it.
Love is knowing your partner would not hesitate to put a bullet in your brainpan at the first sign of zombification.

#2 henri2398

henri2398

Serf

• Lurker
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:19 PM

Cats are one of the best software in the world that can repair corrupted, damaged, or inaccessible INDD document and recover all the design elements applied to create that file. The finally repaired file keeps the origin components, such as layers, Images, Text, Media Objects, Notes & Footnotes, Tables, TOC, Bookmarks, Hyperlinks, intact. You can also preview the repaired file before saving it. More Information

Edited by Chaos.Lady, 30 April 2016 - 01:28 PM.

#3 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 34,499 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:24 PM

Desperation stakes here... troll for ancient threads relating to corrupt files in order to get a word in about your malware.

#4 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,409 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 01:29 PM

Yep, apparently they are either incredibly well prepared and organised or seriously desperate.  Or both.

In the light universe I have been darkness. Perhaps in the dark zone I can be light...

Take the boat, promise me 
Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

#5 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

.:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 21,363 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 01:30 PM

Aww you removed my cat video link. :P

"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain

An open mind is willing to consider new ideas, while provisionally accepting those backed by empirical evidence, and provisionally rejecting those without.

#6 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,409 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 01:22 PM

lol cyber.  sorry.  i'll check next time. :)

In the light universe I have been darkness. Perhaps in the dark zone I can be light...

Take the boat, promise me 
Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

#7 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,798 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:36 AM

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#8 tony44

tony44

Serf

• Lurker
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:20 PM

In order to recover the corrupted InDesign file and solve the error most preferable option would be to make use of some third part reliable software in order to fix corrupted InDesign documents and best choice for this is InDesign File Repair Tool. It recovers all elements including Text, layers, Tables, Images, Notes, Media Objects, Footnotes, Bookmarks, TOC, Cross-references, Hyperlinks, Special Characters, Standard Shapes, Animation and so on.

Edited by .:Cyb3rGlitch:., 18 June 2016 - 01:24 PM.

#9 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

.:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 21,363 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 01:24 PM

Fixed.

"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain

An open mind is willing to consider new ideas, while provisionally accepting those backed by empirical evidence, and provisionally rejecting those without.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users