Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Photoshop How To Do...
Mr.Twinkie
post May 13 2012, 10:02 AM
Post #1
Atomican
Overlord

Hi I thought it'll be neat idea if we can have a thread dedicated to all things Photoshop and the many wondrous things you don't or do know about it for the sharing of the Atomic community.

Photoshop is probably one of the most sophisticated and broad applications out there for the creative minds and I'm sure there are many users out there who have questions or are willing to help answer them.

You can post anything Photoshop related to your desire.
It could be from something you learned how to do which amazed ya to a question about something you want to do but just don't know how. Links into how to do this or even some of your own work can help.

So I'll get the ball rolling. What's a quick and easy way to create a text in which a picture stays shown only within the box of the text?

This post has been edited by Mr.Twinkie: May 16 2012, 12:58 PM

--------------------
"Ignorance is a luxury that you cannot afford"

If you know you can do better, you will do better.
And where there's a will, there's a way and you can always find the way....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Genisis X
post May 16 2012, 09:12 AM
Post #2
Atomican
Mafia Winner

QUOTE (Mr.Twinkie @ May 13 2012, 12:02 PM) *
Hi I thought it'll be neat idea if we can have a thread dedicated to all things Photoshop and the many wondrous things you don't or do know about it for the sharing of the Atomic community.

Photoshop is probably one of the most sophisticated and broad applications out there for the creative minds and I'm sure there are many users out there who have questions or are willing to help answer them.

You can post anything Photoshop related to your desire.
It could be from something you learned how to do which amazed ya to a question about something you want to do but just don't know how. Links into how to do this or even some of your own work can help.

So I'll get the ball rolling. What's a quick and easy to create a text in which a picture stays shown only within the box of the text?

Okay, do yo mean having a picture cropped to the outline of the text?

That's pretty easy. Open your picture in PS. Write your text over it using the text tool, this will automatically create a new layer. Then hold ctrl and click on the little picture on the text layer in the layers panel to the right of screen (usually). This will create a selection based on that layer. Click on the picture layer, press shift+ctrl+I or go to Select -> Inverse to reverse the selection and press delete to delete the selection. Hide or delete your text layer and then you have it.

Alternatively you can create a layer mask with the selection which will allow you to move the image around and fit it to the text. To do this follow the above up until you invert the selection. DON"T INVERT THE SELECTION! Select your picture layer and down the bottom of the layers panel you will see a row of little buttons. The third in from the left is the layer mask button. Click that and then everything that is not selected will disappear. On the layers panel you will see two little pictures on that layer. The left one is the image, the right one is the picture Click on either of them to edit them. To edit the mask, click the right one. Make sure you have the right one selected if you want to edit the picture.

I would have done it properly with pictures but I cbf atm.

I have some other photoshop/photography tutorials up on my website here: http://cachristie.net/photoshop-tutorials

-X

This post has been edited by Genisis X: May 16 2012, 09:13 AM

--------------------
"We were being told that we must become what we are not, sacrificing what we are to inherit the masquerade of what we will be. I was being told to accept the identity that others will give me. And I wondered, what made my dreams so easy to dismiss?"
Shane Koyczan

+Quote Post
bushi
post May 16 2012, 09:20 AM
Post #3
Atomican
Guru

How do you do that blurry photo correction I've seen?

Can't remember where the example for it is and can't seem to find any guides on youtube.

--------------------
http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/sig/detail5/pc/squatter.png

i7 875k | Intel DP55KG | 6GB G-Skill Pi | Inno3D GTX580 1GB | 120GB Intel 520 + 1.5TB (+ 1.5TB backup) Seagate | Pioneer BDR-206BK | Auzentech Prelude 7.1 | Hauppauge 2200 PVR | Corsair AX750 | Silverstone FT-02BW

+Quote Post
Genisis X
post May 16 2012, 11:29 AM
Post #4
Atomican
Mafia Winner

QUOTE (bushi @ May 16 2012, 10:20 AM) *
How do you do that blurry photo correction I've seen?

Can't remember where the example for it is and can't seem to find any guides on youtube.

Blurry photo correction? Can you be more specific?

If you are referring to this then the answer is you can't.

That was supposed to be one of the features released in PS CS6 but it didn't get released so I'd say that it's still on the engineering table at the moment. I don't know of any way to correct any kind of photo blur.

Also: Why was this thread moved? It's got more to do with photography than GD.

The name of the software is PHOTO-shop, after all.

-X

This post has been edited by Genisis X: May 16 2012, 11:30 AM

--------------------
"We were being told that we must become what we are not, sacrificing what we are to inherit the masquerade of what we will be. I was being told to accept the identity that others will give me. And I wondered, what made my dreams so easy to dismiss?"
Shane Koyczan

+Quote Post
bushi
post May 16 2012, 12:04 PM
Post #5
Atomican
Guru

Yeah that's what I was talking about.

That was the only video I could find.

Oh well, all good.

--------------------
http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/sig/detail5/pc/squatter.png

i7 875k | Intel DP55KG | 6GB G-Skill Pi | Inno3D GTX580 1GB | 120GB Intel 520 + 1.5TB (+ 1.5TB backup) Seagate | Pioneer BDR-206BK | Auzentech Prelude 7.1 | Hauppauge 2200 PVR | Corsair AX750 | Silverstone FT-02BW

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 05:35 AM