Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Asus Xonar DX Not Detected, AudioCard not being detected
bigtye
post Jan 29 2011, 10:31 AM
Post #1
Quark
Apprentice

Hi, hoping for some help with my Xonar DX.

I am running the system in my signature with win 7 64 bit.

When I installed the Xonar dx and rebooted it ran fine. However once I shut down and turned it back on it does not detect the card at all, not in device manager or anything. I canít get the Xonar software to run either.

At this point, if I try to reinstall the driver, it tells me the CARD IS NOT DETECTED and I have to cancel the reinstall. If I now restart the computer it loads the driver up fine and even remembers my previous settings.

I have tried looking up EEPRom error but I canít see the card when it fails to load, and when it does load the EEPROM looks correct.

I have also heard of PCI/PCI-e bridge detection problems in these cards but as I understood this was only for nvidia sli capable motherboards, and hence the fix was for sli boards too.

So I am now stuck with turning my computer on, attempting an install of the driver and then doing a restart before I can use sound.

To clarify, I have the motherboard sound disbabled in bios and the realtek drivers disabled in the os. I canít try another pci-e slot on my mobo as the first one is blocked by motherboard heatsink.

Do I return the card and try for a pci card like the Asus ST or return the card and try another Xonar DX. Or does someone know of a fix?

Thanks

Tyrone

--------------------
ibuiltit
e8500 cpu, GB EP45 ds4p, Asus 5850 1gb gpu, Xigmatek S1283 HSF lapped, Asus Xonar DX sound card, TT Armour case, Corsair 750TX psu HDD 750gb & 500gb F1 spinpoint, zboard, G5 mouse, Beyerdynamic DT234 phones, logitech Z263 speakers,
[i]It's like the rage that I feel from being bombarded with stupid is sitting in my sack and squeezing all the life from my balls, .[/i] disolusiond
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheFrunj
post Jan 29 2011, 01:46 PM
Post #2
Atomican
Guru

Have you tried the card in another system? And just to make sure, you've plugged in the power cable?

--------------------
"TheFrunj doesn't guess, when he forms words with his lips, the world will Warp and change to do his bidding." - Shikimaru

No longer writing for Atomic :(

http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?showtopic=49899

+Quote Post
bigtye
post Jan 29 2011, 02:22 PM
Post #3
Quark
Apprentice

QUOTE (TheFrunj @ Jan 29 2011, 02:46 PM) *
Have you tried the card in another system? And just to make sure, you've plugged in the power cable?

Yes have checked the power cable, (2 or 3 times lol) as I heard this can be a problem.

Will try in my wife's computer (didn't think of the obvious) in the next day or two and post back on how that turns out.

Cheers

Tye

--------------------
ibuiltit
e8500 cpu, GB EP45 ds4p, Asus 5850 1gb gpu, Xigmatek S1283 HSF lapped, Asus Xonar DX sound card, TT Armour case, Corsair 750TX psu HDD 750gb & 500gb F1 spinpoint, zboard, G5 mouse, Beyerdynamic DT234 phones, logitech Z263 speakers,
[i]It's like the rage that I feel from being bombarded with stupid is sitting in my sack and squeezing all the life from my balls, .[/i] disolusiond

+Quote Post
bigtye
post Feb 1 2011, 04:17 PM
Post #4
Quark
Apprentice

Okay, solved it.... I am pretty sure.

I went through the uninstall program manager to unistall the xonar drivers before removing the card (and swapping to another pc as TheFrunj suggested) and I saw that I had not uninstalled the realtek hd sound drivers. I had disabled them in the sound control menu, disabled the chip in the bios but not unistalled the drivers, um yep, good.

Unistalled these and reinstalled the xonar drivers after a reboot, and now when I shut down and turn the computer back on from being powered off the xonar drivers are there and the card works.

So thanks TheFrunj because without your suggestion I wouldn't have found I'd left the old drivers in.

Tye

--------------------
ibuiltit

+Quote Post
TheFrunj
post Feb 1 2011, 04:36 PM
Post #5
Atomican
Guru

No worries, the Xonar drivers can be pretty fickle sometimes (especially with Skype). Glad you worked it out :)

--------------------
"TheFrunj doesn't guess, when he forms words with his lips, the world will Warp and change to do his bidding." - Shikimaru

No longer writing for Atomic :(

http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?showtopic=49899

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 02:07 AM