Reply to this topicStart new topic
Domain Choice
glitch
post May 10 2011, 12:12 PM
Post #1
Atomican
Primarch

Hey Guys

I am in the process of going from a "Business Name" (GD studios) to my name "Luke Farrugia" thus I am changing domain name but I am having trouble deciding what to go with. Ordinarily I would use my name but my name may be a bit long and difficult to spell for many, thus the other options. What would be your choice?

lukef.com.au
lukefarrugia.com.au
lfdesign.com.au
lfd.net.au
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hubbo
post May 10 2011, 01:34 PM
Post #2
Atomican
Master

I would recommend using a keyword in your domain if possible, as it can greatly assist in getting traffic to your site. Really depends on what the site is for and how you want to use the site.

--------------------
"There is no charge for awesomeness.... or attractiveness."

+Quote Post
glitch
post May 10 2011, 02:31 PM
Post #3
Atomican
Primarch

sorry, i should have been clearer... this is me at the moment http://www.gdstudios.com.au/ but it is getting old and is no longer a good representation of me, or my services

I am a freelance web/graphic designer, the site will be my portfolio/business site.

|G|

+Quote Post
clockworkman
post May 10 2011, 03:14 PM
Post #4
Atomican
Primarch

just register all 5

actually no, you cant
to have a .com.au you need a business registered with the same name as your domain

This post has been edited by clockworkman: May 10 2011, 03:15 PM

--------------------
warning: this post contains subliminal messages, remain calm and do not concern yourself with your growing need to yawn

+Quote Post
kikz
post May 10 2011, 05:55 PM
Post #5
Hero
Titan

QUOTE (clockworkman @ May 10 2011, 04:14 PM) *
just register all 5

actually no, you cant
to have a .com.au you need a business registered with the same name as your domain

basically.

actually, I find it a little amusing that a web designer has trouble picking a good domain name. I'd have thought knowing what attracts customers to a site is a skill you'd need. :)

Why not just revamp your existing site? What you're saying is you want to completely rebrand yourself. I guess you did explicitly say that, because it doesn't suit the services you now offer. Does it matter? Why not just put an announcement on your current site?

+Quote Post
h3viw8
post May 15 2011, 11:09 AM
Post #6
Atomican
Master

lufa designs
lufa inc

the last few domains i've bought for my self and others have not been actual names, but usually out there kinda names, ideas. using numbers in place of letter/s, using a thesaurus helps.

my 2 most recent domains [not live , just in the wings waiting] urbanecompositions.com (professional portfolio/work), and fracturedpsyche.com(personal gallery/portfolio) they have nothing to do with my name, but are more a representation of me, what I do, if you're rebranding yourself go all out, totally new.

don't rush into it though, spend some time, long names suck, my friend and I have montvillemediasolutions, his choice, but now it's just a hub page, we have hosting and so far like 5 sites coming off that.

--------------------
--- CLEVO HORIZE P150HM --- i7-2720Qm --- 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz --- 500GB 7200RPM --- 15.6-inch FHD LED --- nVidia Geforce GTX485M 2GB GDDR5 ---

+Quote Post
harhis23
post Nov 29 2011, 02:17 AM
Post #7
Atomican
Charge

the shorter, the better. Maybe your initials will do. Or, why not use your full name? If you want people to remember you, using your full name would be a good start.

Since you are a freelancer, using your name would send a good signal to your clients that you're not a scam.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 01:25 AM