Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Any ideas why a Asus K52F won't power on now?, No go laptop
Mag
post Jul 27 2011, 09:55 PM
Post #1
Quark
Apprentice

Hi Guys my friend has a Asus K52F SX065X Note book which was working fine this morning and now won't fire up....

Normally they turn on power at the wall and then power on button and a white light comes on but not any more.....there is a green light on the power pack and a green light on the note book............

Any ideas guys???
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bowiee
post Jul 29 2011, 09:35 AM
Post #2
Hero
Guru

If it will not power on then something has died, I mean with a laptop it either turns on or not. If not then something has died, you could try removing then replacing the battery, make sure the ram is seated. Does the cooler spin up or is there no sign of life at all ? But if it is still under warranty then RMA it for repairs.

This post has been edited by bowiee: Jul 29 2011, 09:36 AM

+Quote Post
Jeruselem
post Jul 29 2011, 10:38 AM
Post #3
Atomican
Guru

Pull out battery and put it back in. Had to do this once to my ASUS K52 at home.

--------------------
Resident KatyCat

Smartphone: HTC Trophy T8686 - WP 7.10.8107.79 (aka Mango updated)
Netbook: ASUS EEE PC 1015PN - Win7 Pro, Intel N550@1.5Ghz, 2GB RAM, 250GB WD SATA, nVidia ION2
Laptop: Win8 Home x64, Intel i5-430 @ 2.26Ghz, 4GB RAM, 240GB Corsair SSD, nVidia Geforce GT310 1GB
Work PC: Win7 Pro x86, Intel Q9550@2.83Ghz, 4GB RAM, 2 x 250GB SATA, nVidia Quadro FX1700, 600W PSU

+Quote Post
Master_Scythe
post Jul 29 2011, 11:02 AM
Post #4
Hero
Titan

Hyper AIDS... Uber 1337 Hyper AIDS.

Or, more realistically, if it was working fine yesterday and not today, laptops love to have faulty power buttons, and if your PC isnt configured to wake on LAN, there isnt much to do without pulling it apart.

Protip for all: Set your laptop to wake on lan (especially if you use it wirelessly) that way if the button fails, you can power it on via network cable.

--------------------
Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

I'm good at video games, I can fix a computer, I can fix a car, I like long walks, I can make you a really good sandwich, unfortunately, I'm a dude...

+Quote Post
NukeJockey
post Jul 29 2011, 11:28 AM
Post #5
Hero
Titan

Try pulling the battery out and turning it on with just the power brick plugged into it, had a laptop that wouldn't turn on, turned out the battery was faulty.

This post has been edited by NukeJockey: Jul 29 2011, 11:29 AM

--------------------
My Rig: ASUS P67 Sabretooth | i5 2500k w/ Corsair H80 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaw-X 1866mhz | Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X| NZXT Phantom | Corsair HX850

+Quote Post
Mag
post Jul 29 2011, 11:02 PM
Post #6
Quark
Apprentice

Thanks guys for looking at my post and for all the great ideas but it's fixed, I'm in Adelaide and she's in Queensland so I couldn't look at it myself but someone else said look at the Ram...

So over the phone I told her to remove the battery and the back cover and how to open the clips for the ram and it would pop up to about a 45deg angle do that for both sticks of ram and put them back in and then the battery and try it... fired up straight away and very happy now, so weather it was the battery removal or the ram removal that did it who knows and she's thrilled as it's the 1st time shes ever looked in side a PC ;)

Also the
Protip for all: Set your laptop to wake on lan
is a top idea too...

This post has been edited by Mag: Jul 29 2011, 11:04 PM

+Quote Post
bowiee
post Jul 30 2011, 09:41 AM
Post #7
Hero
Guru

Pleased you got it sorted. :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 10:40 AM