Closed TopicStart new topic
Atomic M33t 12!, No, really :P
twinair
post Jan 31 2012, 03:19 PM
Post #241
Hero
Immortal

QUOTE (Caelum @ Jan 31 2012, 04:14 PM) *
but the apathy is strong over here these days, it seems.

Given that this meet is being thrown around like a hot potato, I don't think the apathy is isolated to Perth.

--------------------
This aint no fuckin' bible study.
I didn't come here to save whales.
I came here to shake my dick and have a great time.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Tick
post Jan 31 2012, 03:42 PM
Post #242
Super Hero
Hero

IDK - May pay to give people the benefit of the doubt as like myself, once I saw it was Perth and I knew I had no way of attending I pretty much bowed out of the discusion.

I haven't been as involved with the community as I once was so I don't have feelers out that way anymore.

I'll PM some peeps and see what comes of it.

--------------------
Disclaimer: this post may have been made via a mobile device. All formatting, grammar and the possible hilarious substitution of key words should be attributed to the autocorrect features of the mobile device and likely has nothing to do with the idiot driving it.

te0p:"Your a Unreal."

+Quote Post
CheekyChops
post Jan 31 2012, 04:03 PM
Post #243
Hero
Titan

Tick, awesome!

Our resident Melbournians Ashlar and Nich would surely know some good places, even Mac Dude, and hopefully he wont pike this time lol. Juggs will talk to them and see what they think. Rustle up the gang, its happening.

--------------------
The Gospel According to Chezekiel: I <3 Juggalo Scrub xox
Atomic M33t X, Sydney August 21st 2010 - Be there!
Winnar of the Atomic Cosplay Comp and Nekkid Comp '07

+Quote Post
AccessDenied
post Jan 31 2012, 05:40 PM
Post #244
Hero
Guru

If Melbourne, it's a maybe for Fenn and I. Partly because we have relatives and non-Atomic friends down there to catch up with/stay with. Thus giving multiple excuses to visit.. So.. Maybe..

AD

--------------------
I can make my own woggle! Bet you can't woggle yours.

+Quote Post
Foods
post Jan 31 2012, 06:13 PM
Post #245
Hero
Guru

QUOTE (The Tick @ Jan 31 2012, 04:42 PM) *
once I saw it was Perth and I knew I had no way of attending I pretty much bowed out of the discusion.

I vote to lock this thread. Start a new one saying its in Melbourne. Say a rough estimate of the date. Get this thing rolling again.

[edit]

Or just have Juggs edit the first post and the title. Dher.

'

This post has been edited by Foods: Jan 31 2012, 06:13 PM

--------------------
When life gives you lemons, say "Fuck the lemons" and bail.

+Quote Post
Charcoal
post Jan 31 2012, 06:43 PM
Post #246
Hero
Guru

Yep, I can put my hand up to help organise this!

If that involves scouting out a few different places, I guess that's a burden I'll have to bare!

--------------------
I<3G

Kikz: Good for you, your sig says something. whoop-de-do dude.

+Quote Post
Lord Dread
post Jan 31 2012, 06:45 PM
Post #247
Atomican
Overlord

Thanks gfor the heads up Tick, i'd mopstly ignored this being usally, everything ends up in sydney :P But if its coming to melbourne, i'd be in for it. :)

+Quote Post
Saponification
post Jan 31 2012, 07:45 PM
Post #248
Super Hero
Contributor

Oh. Back in the civilised world. Nice.

The beerathons were mostly held at Puggs but there were also a couple held at Elephant & Wheelbarrow (the CBD one) and Lion (in Melbourne Central). I haven't been to any of these places in ages but iirc E&W made us order food (in the form of a few platters of frozen spring rolls/party pies/etc). Puggs maybe had a booking fee. Both of those places, however, gave you an entire floor to take over. This does not happen at Lion. I know of a couple of nice cocktail/spirit bars but they're typically small (although most have private rooms for functions) and, for multiple reasons, aren't suited to a beerathon/atomic meet. I think Young & Jacksons lets you book a room or whatever, but you need to either pay a fee or order food. In the CBD--which is really where you need to be--damn near everywhere either expects you to pay some sort of booking fee or to order platters of food (or the minimum bar spend--which is easy enough, right?)

So. Yeah. If it's in Melbourne I'm most likely in. If someone is prepared to travel ~30 minutes on the train (the station is just around the corner from my house) I also have a spare bed and sofa on offer.

This post has been edited by Saponification: Jan 31 2012, 07:48 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Charcoal
post Jan 31 2012, 07:58 PM
Post #249
Hero
Guru

I've got an idea for a place.
It's where another group I associate with go for their monthly shindigs.

It's a fairly big space, but no room to sit down.
Drinks are cheap, if a bit limited.
The other group have their events during a weeknight, so that might change if but it may not be a problem (depending on numbers) for us to book it out on a Friday or Saturday night.

Beyond that, I say we put together a working group and go evaluate some places ;)

--------------------
I<3G

+Quote Post
Lord Dread
post Jan 31 2012, 08:07 PM
Post #250
Atomican
Overlord

The E&W was over priced imo, and the selection of drinks upstairs was frankly very crap. .. just my 2c :P

+Quote Post
Charcoal
post Jan 31 2012, 08:10 PM
Post #251
Hero
Guru

QUOTE (Lord Dread @ Jan 31 2012, 09:07 PM) *
The E&W was over priced imo, and the selection of drinks upstairs was frankly very crap. .. just my 2c :P

Yeah, I'd prefer to get away from places like that; small dingy and small selection of overpriced drinks.

Especially if his event is fairly big, it may not be too hard to book a place out. the main problem would be cost for one on a Friday or Saturday night, IMHO.

Also, just thought of another place; small venue, last time I was there was for a gathering of around 50 people,but it was a bit squishy.
Central location (CBD) & a large selection of drinks at reasonable-ish prices.
Might be a bit expensive to book, but no harm in enquiring.

This post has been edited by Charcoal: Jan 31 2012, 08:11 PM

--------------------
I<3G

+Quote Post
The Tick
post Jan 31 2012, 08:35 PM
Post #252
Super Hero
Hero

QUOTE (Foods @ Jan 31 2012, 07:13 PM) *
QUOTE (The Tick @ Jan 31 2012, 04:42 PM) *
once I saw it was Perth and I knew I had no way of attending I pretty much bowed out of the discusion.

I vote to lock this thread. Start a new one saying its in Melbourne. Say a rough estimate of the date. Get this thing rolling again.

[edit]

Or just have Juggs edit the first post and the title. Dher.

'

A lock and new thread is probably not a bad idea. It should make it easier to coordinate with actual numbers.

Will get onto that.

--------------------
Disclaimer: this post may have been made via a mobile device. All formatting, grammar and the possible hilarious substitution of key words should be attributed to the autocorrect features of the mobile device and likely has nothing to do with the idiot driving it.

te0p:"Your a Unreal."

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 11 12 13
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 10:56 AM