Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Optus 3G, Cutting out/ Not working half the time
once_i_was_a_mag...
post Aug 18 2011, 05:32 PM
Post #1
Atomican
Overlord

So I have an Iphone 3GS on Optus and the 3G only seems to work when it wants to. I can usually get it to work by restarting the phone or turning 3G off and then on again. The phone says I have 3G and full reception, but refuses to work. Another guy in the office has the Iphone 3G on Optus and is having the same problem. This happens anywhere, not just in the office.

Anyone else having this problem? Or know how to fix it?

--------------------
Now I'm a super fly!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pablo
post Aug 29 2011, 09:34 PM
Post #2
Atomican
Charge

QUOTE (once_i_was_a_maggot @ Aug 18 2011, 06:32 PM) *
So I have an Iphone 3GS on Optus and the 3G only seems to work when it wants to. I can usually get it to work by restarting the phone or turning 3G off and then on again. The phone says I have 3G and full reception, but refuses to work. Another guy in the office has the Iphone 3G on Optus and is having the same problem. This happens anywhere, not just in the office.

Anyone else having this problem? Or know how to fix it?

Gday mate, Having the same issue with my galaxy s and my optus 3g modem. Been happening since about june. Phone indicates that it has good service for 3g and you can see it indicating that it is transmitting but nothing ever seems to be received. If the phone switches to HSDPA or even GSM then everything works..... My modem appears to have the same problems as the phone. Mate at work has a Galaxy s as well on optus and has the same problems.

We were both thinking that it was the brand of phone but the modem was a factor we couldn't work out. If it is doing the same on the Iphone then I too wonder what is going on with optus. BTW I am located in SE QLD, not sure whether locality might be an issue?

Pablo

+Quote Post
twinair
post Aug 30 2011, 12:22 PM
Post #3
Hero
Immortal

What is happening with Optus is the same thing that happened with Vodafone, and is starting to happen with Telstra.
Their networks cannot cope or keep up with demand. Smartphone usage and by definition - internet usage- has increased dramatically.
Carriers need to invest more into infrastructure upgrades.
We are not alone. Same thing is happening in the UK and US.

Telstra is still the best, but is a far from the lightning speed I was getting a couple of years back.

Take your plight to Whingepool.

This post has been edited by twinair: Aug 30 2011, 12:23 PM

--------------------
This aint no fuckin' bible study.
I didn't come here to save whales.
I came here to shake my dick and have a great time.

+Quote Post
800_series
post Aug 30 2011, 02:28 PM
Post #4
Atomican
✰ Star Mafia Player

I would get that when I was with Optus, turns out I lived in a black-spot. Went to the Telecommunications Ombudsman, they talked to Optus, I got out of contract with Optus and went straight to Telstra.

--------------------
Brought to you by the Minister for Cyborgs and Violent Cyborg Military Forces.

Quote by hectorbustnuts
Everything you post makes me "ROFL".

Usually caused by concussing myself after a few minutes of smashing head against the desk.

+Quote Post
fredzfrog
post Aug 31 2011, 03:31 PM
Post #5
Hero
Guru

maybe https://www.optus.com.au/dafiles/OCA/OptusH...hones/homezone/ could help..

--------------------
Increases your chance
of love by 75.3%

+Quote Post
once_i_was_a_mag...
post Aug 31 2011, 05:36 PM
Post #6
Atomican
Overlord

Thanks for the replies guys. It's been slightly better the last couple of days. I've decided I'm moving to Telslut in a few months, so I'm not too fussed at the moment.

--------------------
Now I'm a super fly!

+Quote Post
twents
post Sep 6 2011, 08:08 AM
Post #7
Atomican
Master

Ahh sounds like a good time to fuck my 2 Optus plans off by going to the ombudsman.

--------------------
BF3 name: FREEZINBONES
Battletag (WoW D3): FREEZIN#1668
Steam: FREEZINBONES

2500k @ 4.6, 7970 @ 1150/1650, HX750, P8p67 pro, Sandisk/Patriot SSD/Ram, Xonar DG
N40L, z2300's, desklamp, mousepad, old shit desk.

+Quote Post
ssar
post Mar 17 2012, 10:04 AM
Post #8
Atomican
Journeyman

QUOTE (fredzfrog @ Aug 31 2011, 04:31 PM) *

Interesting. Never heard of that but in theory it looks like a good idea.
Except as an Optus mobile customer we have to pay for it?!
AT face value Optus should be providing far better 3G coverage areas and data transmission service for all customers already, so this device should be free for post-paid/contract customers.

Re: Original Post - yea, my Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 on Optus 3G has often been terrible with 3G network data over the past several months.
If this is indeed primarily due to heavy loads on the system due to such high numbers of devices using it these days then that really sucks - they are also getting high numbers of $ coming in and should have service & installation teams out all over the place improving and adding to thier infrastructure.

Oh my goodness I really don't want to go with Telecom, but will if the Optus 3G service remains very poor.

+Quote Post
once_i_was_a_mag...
post Mar 19 2012, 12:19 PM
Post #9
Atomican
Overlord

I'm with Telstra now and the service is 100 times better. Couldn't be happier.

--------------------
Now I'm a super fly!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 03:11 AM