Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
HELP NEEDED PLEASE! Old School Graphic Designer Needs Advice On Re-educating, Adobe Courses
angvee23
post Oct 26 2011, 02:16 PM
Post #1
Lurker
Serf

I'm an old school graphic designer who initially was taught QuarkXpress Photoshop and Illustrator at private college in 1998 a long long time ago... Since I have, self taught myself Indesign and had many attempts to self teach myself Web programs but just don't have the patience or time to do it on my own. In 2009 I went on maternity leave and am now looking at getting back into it but am feeling very lost as Ive hardly used the programs since, except for Indesign on occasion to create some invites for my daughter. I'm looking for a refresher course I can do to learn all the relevant Adobe packages again and also learn them in depth and would also like some advise from others if its detrimental for me to learn web based programs as I'm not too sure what employers ask for these days. Somewhere inner south-west Sydney would be nice.
Can some one please suggest any courses that I can do at either uni or a private (GOOD) college, that are longer than 2 days and roughly 3-6 months part time? I definitely don't have time to self teach and need to learn directly from a lecturer these days. Thanks :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
orcone
post Nov 8 2011, 02:10 PM
Post #2
Atomican
Champion

Ultimo TAFE has some good graphic design courses. I know you don't want to hear it, but honestly just get yourself the latest Photoshop and just mess around following tutorials. Once you pick up the knack for it again, it'll all start coming back to you.

Here are some good and fun tutorials:
http://designrfix.com/resources/photoshop-...0-creative-tips

http://www.photoshopwebsite.com/photoshop-...shop-tutorials/

http://www.inspiredm.com/how-to-create-an-...air-salon-logo/

+Quote Post
Tortured-X
post Feb 9 2012, 07:01 AM
Post #3
Atomican
Journeyman

i feel your pain, i self taught myself photoshop, and took a little break to game some. came back only for the photoshop interface to have completely changed, now it all looks like chinese characters to me :/

+Quote Post
Antraman
post Apr 12 2012, 09:44 AM
Post #4
Atomican
Champion

Heh...that's not old school, girl! I was taught the use of the pen, airbrush, brush and watercolor, the pantone marker system and bromide machine and darkroom technique for my Graphic Design.

I think techniques and tools is not going to be your problem though...these things are easy to pick up and learn. What is more difficult is updating your eye and your creative inspiration to be inline with what is current and popular in today's fashion.

EDITL Oh...date....fukken lol

This post has been edited by Antraman: Apr 12 2012, 09:56 AM

--------------------
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 03:51 PM