Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Audioengine 2 vs Audioengine 5+
fajw
post Feb 6 2012, 03:29 PM
Post #1
Atomican
Useless waste of 0s and 1s

Just wondering if anyone has compared these and if so what their thoughts are.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mudg3
post Feb 6 2012, 05:28 PM
Post #2
Atomican
Guru

I have the A2's my roomate as the A5's, Both are awesome sets of speakers. A5's are a lot louder but really both speakers sound extremely similar it depends on how loud you listen to your music and how large a space you are in. If its just for your office area the A2's have my vote.

--------------------
3930K ||Corsair H110 || ASUS Rampage IV ||16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3@1877mhz||ATI 7970||250gb Samsung 840||2x4tb||DELL2711||Corsair 650D|| ASUS Essence STX ||Audio Engine A2's||Aiaiai:TMA-1||Enermax 1050w||

Atomics resident filth

+Quote Post
fajw
post Feb 7 2012, 07:33 PM
Post #3
Atomican

Thanks; that's pretty much what I was hoping.

+Quote Post
mudg3
post Feb 7 2012, 09:14 PM
Post #4
Atomican
Guru

Yeah I love mine you wont be disappointed.

--------------------
3930K ||Corsair H110 || ASUS Rampage IV ||16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3@1877mhz||ATI 7970||250gb Samsung 840||2x4tb||DELL2711||Corsair 650D|| ASUS Essence STX ||Audio Engine A2's||Aiaiai:TMA-1||Enermax 1050w||

Atomics resident filth

+Quote Post
rs727
post Mar 17 2012, 12:02 PM
Post #5
Atomican
Master

Did you end up getting the A2's, and how were they?

I'm looking at getting a new set as my old Hercules XPS210's (bought due to a great review in Atomic) have started having some issues for a while now. The left speaker isn't as loud due to what seems to be a cabling/wire problem in the sub/amp so one of the drivers aren't working. I've tried jiggling the cables a few times and that has got it working temporarily, but that quick-fix no longer works. So I figure that's as good reason to look for a new set.

I've been reading a few reviews on the Audioengine A2's. They seem like a really nice set of speakers that seem to offer much more than what the price signifies.

Quite an avid music listener so wouldn't mind spending the $200-odd if they are as good as what the write-ups say.

+Quote Post
TheFrunj
post Mar 28 2012, 06:35 PM
Post #6
Atomican
Guru

rs727, if cable jiggling fixes it then it's probably just as simple as opening the enclosure and soldering the wires in place firmly. You might have to strip them a little bit to have some metal to connect, but it's a much cheaper option than buying a new set of speakers if you're happy with how yours sound.

Do at your own risk as usual as working with any electrical stuff can cause a mild case of death if you mess up :)

--------------------
"TheFrunj doesn't guess, when he forms words with his lips, the world will Warp and change to do his bidding." - Shikimaru

No longer writing for Atomic :(

http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?showtopic=49899

+Quote Post
fajw
post Mar 28 2012, 07:20 PM
Post #7
Atomican

Yeah I got the 2 and am very happy with it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 06:17 PM