Reply to this topicStart new topic
Atomic F1, season 5, Raging trumpets
Mac Dude
post Apr 3 2012, 08:51 PM
Post #961
Super Hero
Immortal

QUOTE (Ghost05 @ Apr 3 2012, 05:20 PM) *
I'm already in another league. It consists of just me, and guess what? I am currently winning by by miles.

And I'm second!

Actually, I was robbed of my first podium finish last weekend - THE BASTARDS!

This post has been edited by Mac Dude: Apr 3 2012, 08:52 PM

--------------------
Karl Kruszelnicki - No, I’m fully prepared to believe in the “Church of God the Utterly Indifferent who sets the universe going and says you’re on your own kids.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ghost05
post Apr 3 2012, 08:55 PM
Post #962
Atomican
Primarch

THE BASTARDS!!!

They are all against us Mac Dude!

--------------------
Slizzer - "I will give way to you, I'm your bitch"

+Quote Post
mark84
post Apr 3 2012, 08:59 PM
Post #963
Hero
Champion

QUOTE (kikz @ Apr 3 2012, 08:52 PM) *
QUOTE (et_rom @ Apr 3 2012, 07:08 PM) *
Also, still no race results up :( Technical problems Kikz? I wont my 15 min of fame god damn it!

Yeh it's call a new job. One where I actually have to do work :p

I probably could've helped out there but with the whole qualy controversy and lack of posted times I thought it best to let the master handle this one :)

--------------------
Desktop: i7 950 @ 4.2GHz | HD6990 @ 1GHz | 6GB RAM | 120GB + 250GB SSDs | 2x 2TB HDD in RAID1
Server: Atom 330 | 50GB SSD | 2x 2TB RAID1

Firefox AtomicMPC Menu | http://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6073/
The Truth About Graphics Power Requirements V2 | http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?showtopic=264
Desktop build log | http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?showtopic=36995

+Quote Post
kikz
post Apr 3 2012, 09:16 PM
Post #964
Hero
Titan

Next Level Wheel Stand

--------------------
Sim and Racing Enthusiasts - http://www.raggedracing.com

+Quote Post
Ghost05
post Apr 3 2012, 09:21 PM
Post #965
Atomican
Primarch

Yeah, that doesn't look any more comfortable, the pedals need to be more forward. Maybe it works for your short girly legs though, so more power to ya.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Modz
post Apr 3 2012, 10:00 PM
Post #966
Atomican
Primarch

i found what really happened to the Brawn team! :p

This post has been edited by Modz: Apr 3 2012, 10:01 PM

--------------------
Gaming Rig: 2500K@4.6 | SLI EVGA SC GTX 760 | 16Gb GSkill 1600 | 2x250Gb Samsung EVO SSDs + 4TB Storage | 27" Asus 144Hz LED | Custom modded Resident Evil Theme Silver 600T Case w/ custom 1/2" water loop.
Workstation: 3930K | Nvidia Quadro K5000 | 64Gb 2133Mhz Corsair Vengeance Pro | 500Gb Samsung EVO SSD + 12TB Raid 1+0 storage | Dell 29" 21:9 Ultrawide + 24" 16x9 1080p.

+Quote Post
millen
post Apr 3 2012, 10:19 PM
Post #967
Atomican
Primarch

QUOTE (Modz @ Apr 3 2012, 10:00 PM) *
i found what really happened to the Brawn team! :p

What a random video...

@Ghost. Go on, you know you want to build a cockpit... It's lots of fun, doesn't have to be expensive either.

These guys knock one up with some scrap wood.

This post has been edited by fallen19: Apr 3 2012, 10:20 PM

--------------------
ANTARES II : i5 3570k : Z77X-UD3H : HD6970 : 16GB Corsair : Antec P183 : AudioEngine 5+
MONZA : i7 920 : X58-UD5 : HD7970 : 6GB OCZ : 3x24" LCD : G27 : Custom Racing Rig :
www.atomicsimracing.net
www.youtube.com/user/millen019

+Quote Post
jasegp
post Apr 4 2012, 12:36 AM
Post #968
Atomican
Journeyman

You don't need to build a cockpit you just need to use a little imagination. :)

+Quote Post
nobody813
post Apr 4 2012, 08:19 AM
Post #969
Atomican
Champion

Love it how the iron is still there too :-P

--------------------
"Nobody, including Nobody, knows what Nobody is doing..." - millen

Intel Core i5 2500K | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 | Cogage Arrow | 120GB Intel 520 | 2TB & 1TB Seagate 7200.14's | Corsair HX-650W | Fractal Design Arc Midi

+Quote Post
Flouncy
post Apr 4 2012, 08:29 AM
Post #970
Atomican

Hey I've had a couple of requests for the view mod I use - if anyone wants it PM me your email addy. It used to be on the RD downloads section, and is probably still there on the forums but I've forgotten what's it's called. It's just a single small file that goes into the cars/whatever your car is directory.

There's actually several views that you cycle through, including cheatycam views. For me they preserve the 'in-cockpit' feel, but give just a bit more view of the road.

--------------------
bringing wootie back

+Quote Post
Ghost05
post Apr 4 2012, 08:55 AM
Post #971
Atomican
Primarch

Any helicopter view?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Flouncy
post Apr 4 2012, 09:16 AM
Post #972
Atomican

QUOTE (Ghost05 @ Apr 4 2012, 08:55 AM) *
Any helicopter view?

Better still there's a 'mole view'. The camera is a meter under the track, everything is black and you're a mole. You should use that.

--------------------
bringing wootie back

+Quote Post
Lambo
post Apr 4 2012, 10:26 AM
Post #973
Super Hero
Titan

Atomic F1 pundit Jonnathan Leggard previews round 2 of the Atomic F1 Championship season 5.

Turning up the heat.
The first race of the season gave us a small window into what we might expect for the rest of the season, but it's still largely a journey into the unknown as teams turn their focus to the Sepang international circuit for the Malaysian Grand Prix. Very much an inverse of Melbourne, the purpose built track features long straights and fast flowing corners that will be a different challenge for drivers. So what does the Malaysian GP have in store for us? We take a look at the form guide and try and pick a winner.

On Form:
Sauber are on a confidence high after their strong showing in Melbourne. ET scored a maiden win with for both himself and his new team while Flouncy in the sister car came home with a solid 3rd. There's no doubt that many in the paddock see ET's win as a promising sign for the competition with many criticising the last few seasons being dominated by only a handful of drivers. ET showed a confidence and speed usually only seen in the successful drivers of the past 3 seasons. The question many have is can this speed be translated to other circuits? Only time will tell.

Out Of Form:
It would be slightly unfair to label any driver at the moment as out of form after just one race, however there was no hiding some of the drivers disappointed after Melbourne. Lotus have had a tough start to the season as their number one Ghost suffered from connectivity issues forcing him to retire from the race. That left the bulk of the work to BreakerMorant to try and resurrect something from the weekend. Unfortunately a light pre-season preparation showed as the Lotus finished 4 laps down on the leaders and failed to score. Lotus will want to turn things around at Malaysia and be challenging for points again.

One To Watch:
Red Bull looked like challenging for the pole and possibly the win in Melbourne but neither driver could get their RB7 working well in the wet conditions qualifying 6th and 8th respectively. However the car looked quick in race trim and with bobaj0r completely dominating the race last season, it's quite possible they could be the ones to beat going into Malaysia. One to watch.

Fast Facts:
- This will be the fifth Malaysian Grand Prix. Previous winners, S1 Flouncy, S2 Flouncy, S3 Flouncy, S4 bobaj0r
- The race has never been lost from pole.
- The season 4 race set a record for most number of participants (14 drivers). Equalled only in Season 5 at Melbourne.

Real Life Facts:
- Despite the 2009 race being red flagged due to rain, there hasn't been an official safety car period at Sepang in the last ten years. Though the safety car was deployed three years ago, the subsequent red flag meant the race results were taken at the end of lap 31 - before the safety car came out.
- The first Malaysian Grand Prix was held in 1962. It was a Formula Two race and was run on the Thomson Road circuit in Singapore under the moniker of the Malayan Grand Prix.
- The 2009 race is one of only five grands prix not to have been restarted with less than 75% race distance complete and therefore half points awarded.
- The expansive run-off areas and wide track make the Malaysian Grand Prix the least likely race to have a safety car period on the current Formula One calendar.

Circuit:
The first of the new breed of made-to-order Formula One circuits, Sepang is one of Hermann Tilke's better tracks. Fast and flowing, the track is a real test of downforce and offers overtaking opportunities in to turns one, four, nine and fifteen. Though there are some concrete run-off areas on the whole it retains grass and gravel traps to punish mistakes, while the abrasive track surface makes tyre wear a concern for the teams.

Betting:
With ET's win in Melbourne betting has now tightened. Lambo remains at 5/1 with Flouncy and ET now at the same odds, however the dark horse emerging is Red Bull's bobaj0r at 6/1. Put an each way bet on Modz to improve on his pole at Melbourne at 7/1 odds with Kikz also the same odds.

Leggard Prediction:
Red Bull's bobaj0r was devastating last season at Sepang, and while his preparation for Melbourne was less than ideal, having managed 4th still is an impressive feat. We think he'll make it two in a-row in Malaysia.

--------------------
www.atomicf1.net

+Quote Post
Flouncy
post Apr 4 2012, 11:31 AM
Post #974
Atomican

Let's not forget that my car was totally destroyed by hyper aggressive cocksucking motherfucking arseholes who don't know how to drive and think the entire race is in fact the run to turn 1 off the start, at the start of last year's Sepang.

--------------------
bringing wootie back

+Quote Post
Lambo
post Apr 4 2012, 12:11 PM
Post #975
Super Hero
Titan

QUOTE (Flouncy @ Apr 4 2012, 11:31 AM) *
Let's not forget that my car was totally destroyed by hyper aggressive cocksucking motherfucking arseholes who don't know how to drive and think the entire race is in fact the run to turn 1 off the start, at the start of last year's Sepang.

And this time you'll have video evidence.....

Mr Leggard still thinks bobaj0r is the one to beat.

--------------------
www.atomicf1.net

+Quote Post
Ghost05
post Apr 4 2012, 12:23 PM
Post #976
Atomican
Primarch

That's right, I remember the crying and cussing for the first half of the first lap of Sepang last season. It was music to my ears.

Alrighty chumps, I'll give it another go this weekend if it be OK with y'all. Gots to see how I do with my new wheel ya see. I won't get in anyones way I promise. And if I get dropped I cannot be held responsible for my actions(Letterbomb the Codemasters HQ).

I'll also be practicing all week so if ya see me on GFWL at night and want a race, just invite me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Flouncy
post Apr 4 2012, 12:26 PM
Post #977
Atomican

QUOTE (Ghost05 @ Apr 4 2012, 12:23 PM) *
That's right, I remember the crying and cussing for the first half of the first lap of Sepang last season. It was music to my ears.

Alrighty chumps, I'll give it another go this weekend if it be OK with y'all. Gots to see how I do with my new wheel ya see. I won't get in anyones way I promise. And if I get dropped I cannot be held responsible for my actions(Letterbomb the Codemasters HQ).

I'll also be practicing all week so if ya see me on GFWL at night and want a race, just invite me.

Hells yeah.

--------------------
bringing wootie back

+Quote Post
kikz
post Apr 4 2012, 12:42 PM
Post #978
Hero
Titan

Will takr a mighty effort to beat bobajor. he was significantly faster than anyone. Iirc he had a 30s lead after about 15 laps

--------------------
Sim and Racing Enthusiasts - http://www.raggedracing.com

+Quote Post
millen
post Apr 4 2012, 12:51 PM
Post #979
Atomican
Primarch

Cool, I'm going to be doing some practicing as well, will most likely be on tonight if you guys don't mind me joining in for a few laps.

I am getting the hang of manual, only trouble I am having really is being able to use KERS and DRS when driving manual.

When I was using auto, I was 'cheating' and had KERS and DRS set up as the flappy paddle buttons, was awesome. :p But now that I have them as the top two steering wheel buttons on my G27, I need contortionist thumbs to be able to reach the buttons, and usually as I am trying to reach them, I stuff up as I'm to focused on reaching the damn buttons.

I've tried holding the steering wheel lower than I usually do, I usually hold it at a bit above 9 & 3 with my thumns resting on the small lumps towards the top of the wheel, I am now trying to hold it a bit below 9 & 3, with my thumbs resting in the rounded spoke area of the wheel, but it feels way to low.

Does anyone else have any trouble with their G27, or do you have any tips for me?

May have to buy myself an on wheel button box, but they are expensive... Or I need a steel series mod like Lambo. ;)

What I would like:

--------------------
ANTARES II : i5 3570k : Z77X-UD3H : HD6970 : 16GB Corsair : Antec P183 : AudioEngine 5+
MONZA : i7 920 : X58-UD5 : HD7970 : 6GB OCZ : 3x24" LCD : G27 : Custom Racing Rig :
www.atomicsimracing.net
www.youtube.com/user/millen019

+Quote Post
Flouncy
post Apr 4 2012, 01:00 PM
Post #980
Atomican

Uh... fallen I didn't realise you were signed up for this comp. Humble apologies if I missed your post saying you were 100% in.

With you we now have 21 racers for 16 spots. That included 4 reserves. That also includes two non-reserves (nobody and fredz) who didn't race at all at Melbourne.

This is a mess.

kikz - we REALLY need a confirmation thing for the site, it's getting impossible to keep track of who is in and out of each race.

--------------------
bringing wootie back

+Quote Post

175 Pages V  « < 47 48 49 50 51 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 08:59 PM