post Mar 8 2012, 09:33 PM
Post #21
Quark
Initiate

Grado
Prestige Series
SR80i Headphones

Grado Sr80i Headphones

I can't glean if you only want these for music or for music and gaming but, for no more than $100 or so these are brilliant for music and hold up just fine for gaming.
Clear, precise with extreme detail. You can listen to a track that you have heard over and over, only to discover an instrument you never knew was there with these cans.
Can't be beat for price vs performance. Real budget audiophile with out all the hype.

--------------------
[b]FAITH[/b] [i]enemy of reason[/i]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Director
post Mar 17 2012, 04:36 PM
Post #22
Hero
Immortal

FWIW

http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?showtopic=41768

Got them from a place in the UK A LOT cheaper without the Australia tax.

This post has been edited by Director: Mar 17 2012, 04:39 PM

--------------------
"Comments can be bad for science. That's why, here at PopularScience.com, we're shutting them off."

+Quote Post
Ringers
post Mar 27 2012, 02:08 PM
Post #23
Atomican
Master

Only for music and I have a pretty good musicans ear so looking for some good but don't want to pay a arm and leg for it.

This post has been edited by Ringers: Mar 27 2012, 02:08 PM

+Quote Post
TheFrunj
post Mar 28 2012, 06:41 PM
Post #24
Atomican
Guru

QUOTE (Caelum @ Mar 8 2012, 04:55 PM) *
For the price it is difficult to go past the AD900's...

Easy to drive, sounds great, reasonable price.

+1, these are the cans I settled on, and they're fantastic. Well worth investing in a ATH-AD900.

--------------------
"TheFrunj doesn't guess, when he forms words with his lips, the world will Warp and change to do his bidding." - Shikimaru

No longer writing for Atomic :(

http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?showtopic=49899

+Quote Post
Mudman
post Apr 9 2012, 09:20 PM
Post #25
Atomican
Primarch

I've got a pair of "Beats" by dr dre. They're pretty damn good. I quite like 'em.

+Quote Post
Sasquatch972
post Apr 10 2012, 12:07 AM
Post #26
Quark
Apprentice

QUOTE (Ringers @ Mar 27 2012, 03:08 PM) *
Only for music and I have a pretty good musicans ear so looking for some good but don't want to pay a arm and leg for it.

plantronics gamecom 777's! got a set, they were recommended to me, good for gaming or music! about 60-70 bucks

--------------------
Rig: i5 2500K @ 4.2ghz ,4x4gb (16gb) Gskill DDR3 1600mhz,Gigabyte Z68X UD3R-B3,Galaxy GeForce GTX680GC 2gb,120gb ocz vertex 2 ssd, a few 2tb hdd's,all packed into a Antec P193 and running a Samsung Sync Master 2443 24inch LCD
Next Upgrade:
Old rig: Q6600B3 Overclocked to 3.2ghz,4gb Corsair and a Asus P5Q Pro, HD5850

+Quote Post
Ringers
post Apr 13 2012, 04:29 PM
Post #27
Atomican
Master

I ended up getting KOSS Tony Bennet signature headphones, I am happy the sound is really good the only down side is there a little heavy\hard on the ears.

+Quote Post
i_am_banned2
post Apr 23 2012, 05:09 PM
Post #28
Atomican
✰ Star Mafia Winner

I just picked up a pair of Alessandro/Grado Labs MS-1 headphones, for music. They're an 'open' design so a lot of sound is leaked in and out, but that's not an issue for me and they sound fucking awesome. Comfortable to wear, too.

+Quote Post
mykl_c
post May 4 2012, 01:57 PM
Post #29
Hero
Champion

There's lots of suggestions here.
One question - what will you be driving the headphones from?
Looking at some of the links shows impedances all over the place. Usually, higher range/better quality phones tend to have a higher impedance, which means you need more grunt coming into the phones for volume.

--------------------
ISAIAH 58:8
"Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke?
Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—when you see the naked, to clothe him,and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?"

+Quote Post
basketballfreak6
post May 4 2012, 02:25 PM
Post #30
Atomican
Master

i love my alessandro ms1's especially for the price, but marcus at headphonics said akg k540 is like a more refined ms1, both will be in your budget as well

+Quote Post
SoaS
post May 4 2012, 11:57 PM
Post #31
Atomican
Master

QUOTE (basketballfreak6 @ May 4 2012, 03:25 PM) *
i love my alessandro ms1's especially for the price, but marcus at headphonics said akg k540 is like a more refined ms1, both will be in your budget as well

For the price of the AKG's I'd personally chose the ms1's with the Fiio E10 usb dac. Works out the same but better sound imo.

+Quote Post
.:Cyb3rGlitch:.
post May 5 2012, 12:59 AM
Post #32
Mod
Hero

QUOTE (SoaS @ May 4 2012, 11:57 PM) *
QUOTE (basketballfreak6 @ May 4 2012, 03:25 PM) *

For the price of the AKG's I'd personally chose the ms1's with the Fiio E10 usb dac. Works out the same but better sound imo.

I own both. The AKG sounds better, and if you look in the right places it's cheaper too.

--------------------
"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 12:23 PM