Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Perth Sub-Zero / Atomic / Gigabyte / Team-AU overclocking Event, 25th March 2012
raistlin
post Mar 8 2012, 01:46 PM
Post #1
Quark
Apprentice

http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/News/292870,go...--in-perth.aspx

Well Im one of the 12 going to this event. I cant say how excited I am to be going.
Im looking forward to meeting other Atomicans there, not to mention learning some epic overclocking tips from some of the best.

Post here if you are going to this event.

PS Thankyou Atomic / Gigabyte and Team-AU, Ive seen many events via the Atomic magazine but have never been to one. I was so surprised to see this coming to Perth.

--------------------
"All my life, I was my own person. The choices I made, I made of my own free will. I was never held in thrall by anyone or anything; not even the Queen of Darkness herself! Bow to others in reverence and respect, but never in slavery!" - Raistlin Majere
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
p0is0n
post Mar 8 2012, 02:27 PM
Post #2
Atomican
Champion

I'll be thee too mate, and will also be looking to pickup a few tips from the team.au guys.
Should be a good day, it's nice to see something happen in Perth too.

Edit: looks like you might need to check over at OCAU to see who else is going. Chances are they are not members here.

This post has been edited by p0is0n: Mar 8 2012, 06:49 PM

--------------------
i7 2600k | Z68A-GD80 | 8GB RAM | CF 7970 | 120GB SSD | 1kW PSU | Butchered Case | Water Cooling | U2713H
HP N40L | 16GB RAM | 7x WD 2TB | Ubuntu | ZFS

+Quote Post
phatbeat
post Mar 9 2012, 10:53 AM
Post #3
Atomican
Primarch

Should be good, will be an interesting day i'm thinking. At least 3 from here is going, we should try and get on the same team.

--------------------
So many games...
So little time........

R.I.P. Darkmatter

+Quote Post
p0is0n
post Mar 9 2012, 12:39 PM
Post #4
Atomican
Champion

QUOTE (phatbeat @ Mar 9 2012, 08:53 AM) *
we should try and get on the same team.

i heard u guys are noobs tho :P
j/k

there should be some nice prizes up for grabs too and there is always the possibility of setting a record score depending on what's available.

This post has been edited by p0is0n: Mar 9 2012, 12:42 PM

--------------------
i7 2600k | Z68A-GD80 | 8GB RAM | CF 7970 | 120GB SSD | 1kW PSU | Butchered Case | Water Cooling | U2713H

+Quote Post
phatbeat
post Mar 9 2012, 02:27 PM
Post #5
Atomican
Primarch

QUOTE (p0is0n @ Mar 9 2012, 01:39 PM) *
QUOTE (phatbeat @ Mar 9 2012, 08:53 AM) *
we should try and get on the same team.

i heard u guys are noobs tho :P
j/k

there should be some nice prizes up for grabs too and there is always the possibility of setting a record score depending on what's available.

Exactly! Thats why i wanted to team up with you! :P

--------------------
So many games...
So little time........

R.I.P. Darkmatter

+Quote Post
p0is0n
post Mar 9 2012, 02:53 PM
Post #6
Atomican
Champion

I am assuming it will be AMD hardware so I'll be just as lost as most.. :D

--------------------

+Quote Post
Morgoth
post Mar 9 2012, 11:43 PM
Post #7
Hero
Guru

TeamAU are all top blokes, interacting with members such as T_M, Dinos22 and a couple of others on OCAU, I'd like to be going,

Lucky bastards.

--------------------
2011 Atomic 3DMark & Game Benchmark Rankings !! http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?showtopic=41178
Current PC (no lie)
Athlon XP-M 2400+@2640MHz (3d) / Abit NF7-S2.0 Vmodded / 1Gig OCZ Gold EL GX BH-5 / ATI Radeon 9800XT@500MHz

+Quote Post
raistlin
post Mar 12 2012, 01:58 PM
Post #8
Quark
Apprentice

Im fairly new to overclocking myself but this is a chance to learn from the best :D. I know the basics but will be just as lost on AMD gear (INTEL FTW).

Its going to be a big day for me, I will have to leave around 7am to get there in time.
The next 2 weeks are going to go so slow lol.

Ive also been trying to contact LAN World, Need to know about acsess as Im in a wheelchair. Ive looked at the street pics via google maps, I can get in the front door, just need to know what its like inside.

Anyways Ive signed up on OCAU but just waiting for admin to give posting rights.

--------------------
"All my life, I was my own person. The choices I made, I made of my own free will. I was never held in thrall by anyone or anything; not even the Queen of Darkness herself! Bow to others in reverence and respect, but never in slavery!" - Raistlin Majere

+Quote Post
raistlin
post Mar 16 2012, 04:24 AM
Post #9
Quark
Apprentice

Just a heads up but theres a very good beginers guide to extreme water cooling in the latest copy of Atomic magazine.

--------------------

+Quote Post
fredzfrog
post Mar 17 2012, 12:38 AM
Post #10
Hero
Guru

Atomic events usually have some nice bee, giveaways and tech. Just remember to touch hawkeyes left ear. :)

--------------------
Increases your chance
of love by 75.3%

+Quote Post
p0is0n
post Mar 17 2012, 02:43 AM
Post #11
Atomican
Champion

QUOTE (fredzfrog @ Mar 16 2012, 10:38 PM) *
Just remember to take hawkeyes left ear. :) - Diablo II style.

FTFY. :)

Not sure if David will be there, but I think unco_tomato will be, and there should indeed be some nice prizes up for grabs.
Hopefully someone with a camera will grab some decent pics too (i'll be doing my best to avoid them though :P)

--------------------

+Quote Post
raistlin
post Mar 20 2012, 09:34 PM
Post #12
Quark
Apprentice

Getting closer :D

Days seem like Months...

--------------------

+Quote Post
raistlin
post Mar 24 2012, 02:49 PM
Post #13
Quark
Apprentice

One more Sleep :D
Cant wait for tomoro.

--------------------

+Quote Post
raistlin
post Mar 25 2012, 10:15 AM
Post #14
Quark
Apprentice

Woot todays the day. Im leaving now, cyas all there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
raistlin
post Mar 25 2012, 06:37 PM
Post #15
Quark
Apprentice

Had a great time at this event :D
Cant wait to do it again. Im going to start this as my new hobby.

Thanks Team-AU, Atomic and sponsers.

ps I was the one in the wheelchair.

A few pics... excuse the blur, a lot of people were moving mid pic.

This post has been edited by raistlin: Mar 25 2012, 06:39 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
phatbeat
post Mar 25 2012, 07:27 PM
Post #16
Atomican
Primarch

Nice pics! Here is a quick vid of what needed to happen to a vid card that got down to -60 celsius, the (dodgy)temp gage was showing +25c.

http://youtu.be/GUV10MM3z64

--------------------
So many games...
So little time........

R.I.P. Darkmatter

+Quote Post
raistlin
post Mar 25 2012, 07:55 PM
Post #17
Quark
Apprentice

Im sure this has been said before but did anyone else see Johny Knoxville? j/k lol

This post has been edited by raistlin: Mar 25 2012, 08:01 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
jdog
post Mar 25 2012, 08:39 PM
Post #18
Atomican
Overlord

awesome pics man!

looks like you had some great fun.

did you find it hard to pour the LN2? because your in the wheelchair?

--------------------
WTB: corsair Hypers 2000 CL7
Atomic's wannabe LN2 Junkie
Project "Giga-bench"- Complete: bit.ly/1erdgs9
Main Rig: GA-X58A-UD7(v2)|i7 950|12gb Corsair XMS3 1600mhz|Gigabyte GTX 460 768mb|Coolermaster HAF X |1TB WD Black HDD||Pionner DVDRW|Corsair HX850w|Logitech X530|Dell U2711|Logitech G500|Logitech G510|HD 280 Pro
Steam Name:jim_jam333/jimba86
Xbox 360 S 250GB + Kinect owner

+Quote Post
raistlin
post Mar 25 2012, 09:24 PM
Post #19
Quark
Apprentice

QUOTE (jdog @ Mar 25 2012, 06:39 PM) *
did you find it hard to pour the LN2? because your in the wheelchair?

Naa was easy as for me, my arm strenght + stamina is through the roof. Its fun to pour LN2.

--------------------

+Quote Post
p0is0n
post Mar 26 2012, 03:00 PM
Post #20
Atomican
Champion

looks like a good day, was a bit pissed i had to work and didn't make it, but can't complain with sunday OT rates.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 01:49 PM