Black Ops 2, Men vs Bots?
Mr.Twinkie
post May 7 2012, 07:55 PM
Post #41
Atomican
Overlord

QUOTE (Oracle X @ May 7 2012, 07:45 PM) *
Not as much but more than enough imo.

But maybe something in the Korean or Vietnam War?
First thought about that was it might not have enough awesomeness but then if Treyarch could just bend that to their will, anything can happen.

I always liked Treyarch better than Infinity Ward in terms of multiplayer because of the kinds of balances and tweaks they aim for so I'm really hoping COD can really start moving forward.

Since the CEO of Activision is promising 'meaningful innovation' I can't wait to see what the hell he actually means by that.

This post has been edited by Mr.Twinkie: May 7 2012, 10:12 PM

--------------------
"Ignorance is a luxury that you cannot afford"

If you know you can do better, you will do better.
And where there's a will, there's a way and you can always find the way....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Harmonic Cacopho...
post May 8 2012, 02:30 AM
Post #42
Atomican
Guru

I'd like to play another epic-scoped WW2 game. I haven't given a shit about CoD since 4. 2 was the best, to me. I don't think I've replayed a game as much as that.

CoD5 wasn't that great, it was nothing compared to CoD2. Charging the hill into Stalingrad in CoD1 or storming the beach and the point in CoD2 felt truly huge, and an FPS hasn't captured that since. I'd like to see a return to that, and I'd also like to play from the German's perspective. All the campaigns in these games are Allied victories or close escapes from behind enemy lines. But considering the Nazis took over a large part of the world, I'd like to play some of their victories, as well as make narrow escapes from their defeats.

+Quote Post
xnatex
post May 8 2012, 06:34 AM
Post #43
Atomican
Mafia Winner

+1 to Nazi WW2 campaign

I would love some of those maps where its waves and waves of enemies untill you die, a few levels getting hammered by the soviets, a few levels getting hammered by the allies, then chuck in a level where you get to smash the french and it would be complete!

Im pretty sure in some of the last cods you could play as the Taliban? i remember reading about that somewhere but i could be wrong, but considering the Taliban is a poor man's nazi i cant see why they cant do them as well

Im not even slightly interested in these reskined versions of the same game, its actually amazing that there is such a following for them. I would have imagined there would have been a bigger backlash from the community over these cash ins

[Edit] another cool level would be the german invasion of russia and you have to survive the winter cold and lack of supplies, then when you finish the level you get killed anyway cuz you're a Nazi cunt

This post has been edited by xnatex: May 8 2012, 06:43 AM

+Quote Post
nesquick
post May 8 2012, 08:00 AM
Post #44
Atomican
Titan

you played as the taliban in Medal oh Honor, was shit though cause it locked you into soviet weapons.

--------------------
STEAM/BC2 name: AllNightmareLong

+Quote Post
Harmonic Cacopho...
post May 8 2012, 05:15 PM
Post #45
Atomican
Guru

QUOTE (xnatex @ May 8 2012, 04:34 AM) *
[Edit] another cool level would be the german invasion of russia and you have to survive the winter cold and lack of supplies, then when you finish the level you get killed anyway cuz you're a Nazi cunt

Haha that would be awesome

+Quote Post
Mr.Twinkie
post May 8 2012, 06:33 PM
Post #46
Atomican
Overlord

QUOTE (xnatex @ May 8 2012, 06:34 AM) *
another cool level would be the german invasion of russia and you have to survive the winter cold and lack of supplies, then when you finish the level you get killed anyway cuz you're a Nazi cunt
Hmm that got me wondering...

In World War II, was there ever any rebellions within the Nazi armies with groups that knew how fucked up their people were and started rebelling and guerrilla warfaring Hitler's cunts?

Cause that would be a fascinating story.

This post has been edited by Mr.Twinkie: May 8 2012, 06:34 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mr.Twinkie
post May 8 2012, 08:15 PM
Post #47
Atomican
Overlord

The Trouble With Call Of Duty’s Scary New War Of The Future

--------------------

+Quote Post
Brissmas
post May 8 2012, 09:24 PM
Post #48
Atomican
Master

+1 to new WW2 cod.

--------------------
i7 920 c0 3.6ghz@1.3v||EX58-UD3R rev 1.6||6gb Hyper X 1600mhz||Palit GTX480||Modded Generic Case||Antec NEO ECO 620w
XSPC RX120 push/pull||XSPC Rasa||Swiftech VGA HF Supreme (Not installed yet)

+Quote Post
xnatex
post May 8 2012, 09:46 PM
Post #49
Atomican
Mafia Winner

QUOTE (Mr.Twinkie @ May 8 2012, 06:33 PM) *
another cool level would be the german invasion of russia and you have to survive the winter cold and lack of supplies, then when you finish the level you get killed anyway cuz you're a Nazi cunt

In World War II, was there ever any rebellions within the Nazi armies with groups that knew how fucked up their people were and started rebelling and guerrilla warfaring Hitler's cunts?

There was a few military generals that went against Hitlers plan to break the alliance they had with the soviets, but they got "replaced" by yes men like the chicken farmer Himmler.

It would be a cool spin off playing the German army vs the SS

+Quote Post
Oracle X
post May 8 2012, 11:09 PM
Post #50
Hero
Guru

There was a German Resistance but they didn't amount to much. Quite a few officers plotted against Hitler towards the end but mostly to assassinate him, your average Wehrmacht soldaten were very loyal, fighting to the end.

This post has been edited by Oracle X: May 8 2012, 11:10 PM

--------------------
You don't have to rely on other people if you never miss.

+Quote Post
nesquick
post May 8 2012, 11:13 PM
Post #51
Atomican
Titan

QUOTE (Mr.Twinkie @ May 8 2012, 06:33 PM) *

Just because someone was a soldier in the Wehrmacht doesn't mean they were a nazi, most enlisted soldiers towards the end of the war were just old men or young boys hence the name Volkstrum (home guard)

having said that there were divisions built on Nazi doctrine ie: the SS Das Reich, Totenkopf and Hitler Jurgend all spring to mind, so yea there were Nazi's then there were professional men just doing their jobs.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Morgoth
post May 8 2012, 11:48 PM
Post #52
Hero
Guru

Looks like 2006 games,

They should stop beating the dead horse already, pity it still makes them hundreds of millions :/

--------------------
2011 Atomic 3DMark & Game Benchmark Rankings !! http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?showtopic=41178
Current PC (no lie)
Athlon XP-M 2400+@2640MHz (3d) / Abit NF7-S2.0 Vmodded / 1Gig OCZ Gold EL GX BH-5 / ATI Radeon 9800XT@500MHz

+Quote Post
nobody813
post May 10 2012, 08:30 AM
Post #53
Atomican
Champion

Unlikely to happen, but Black Ops 2 Could Put Activision in Legal Trouble

--------------------
"Nobody, including Nobody, knows what Nobody is doing..." - millen

Intel Core i5 2500K | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | SLI EVGA GeForce GTX 460 1GB's | Cogage Arrow | 120GB Intel 520 | 2TB & 1TB Seagate 7200.14's | Corsair HX-650W | Fractal Design Arc Midi

+Quote Post
nesquick
post May 10 2012, 01:28 PM
Post #54
Atomican
Titan

how the hell can you copy write the futuristic setting of a game -_-

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mr.Twinkie
post May 10 2012, 03:48 PM
Post #55
Atomican
Overlord

QUOTE (nobody813 @ May 10 2012, 08:30 AM) *
This sounds like two babies arguing about who has the more cake.

Freaking ridiculous.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oracle X
post May 12 2012, 10:44 AM
Post #56
Hero
Guru

bahahaha, so sad. Looks like the cunts from IW is jealous that people actually prefer the BO games to their POS MW.

--------------------
You don't have to rely on other people if you never miss.

+Quote Post
nesquick
post May 12 2012, 01:40 PM
Post #57
Atomican
Titan

QUOTE (Oracle X @ May 12 2012, 10:44 AM) *
bahahaha, so sad. Looks like the cunts from IW is jealous that people actually prefer the BO games to their POS MW.

IW is but a shadow of its former self though, its not like they can come up with anything fantastic missing all the key devs.

This post has been edited by nesquick: May 12 2012, 01:40 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
xnatex
post May 14 2012, 05:11 PM
Post #58
Atomican
Mafia Winner

QUOTE (Mr.Twinkie @ May 10 2012, 03:48 PM) *
QUOTE (nobody813 @ May 10 2012, 08:30 AM) *
This sounds like two babies arguing about who has the more cake.

Freaking ridiculous.

lol, do you rekon they will walk away with a healthy settlement? all the cod kids are throwing all their money at these games so activision has the cash

+Quote Post
nobody813
post May 15 2012, 08:48 AM
Post #59
Atomican
Champion

Treyarch says Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Doesn't Need a New Engine to Advance Graphics
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 doesn't need a brand new game engine to improve the graphics over previous games in the series, Treyarch has insisted. Black Ops 2 is built using the latest, most advanced version of the engine that Call of Duty developers have used to build the first-person shooter series since 2005's Call of Duty 2: a heavily modified version of the id Tech 3 engine. Some fans have called on Activision to invest in a brand new graphics engine in order to spruce up Call of Duty's visuals. But Treyarch chief Mark Lamia said continuing to upgrade the current engine was enough to meet the development team's design goals. "People always ask me, 'Is this a new engine?' he told One of Swords. "I liken it to people who live in an older house that has been remodelled. Just because you're remodelling the house and it will look new or it will have a new kitchen, you don't tear out the foundation, or break out some of the framing. You might even go as hardcore as replacing the plumbing, and we will do that sort of thing, as an analogy. It's a gross simplification, but it's one way to say that. There's a lot of good still in that foundation that you wouldn't get rid of, and we don't. We look to advance in the areas that support our game design.

"Engines, each time they get touched, they change. The creators alter them; they don't modify what they don't need to, and then they alter what they need to. You can't make a competitive product if you're not upgrading that engine along the way." He added: "I think the whole thing about a new engine... sometimes that's a great buzzword. Well, I have a new graphics engine - is that a new engine? Where does it start and stop? Elements of the code, you can trace back for a very, very long time... but whole parts of the code are entirely new. Two areas we did focus on for this game were the graphics and the lighting - a pretty significant amount of work is going into that."When Activision announced Black Ops 2 earlier this month it promised a "visual overhaul", with graphical upgrades a mix of "tech and technique". In a demo to press played on an Xbox 360 build of the game, an unpopulated level set on Socotra Island in Yemen showed HDR lighting, bounce lighting, self-shadowing and a new texture technique called reveal mapping - all running at 60 frames per second.
"I think what people are asking for is for us to push," Lamia explained. "They want us to make a better-looking game; they want things. I don't think those are things people can't ask for. We asked ourselves that very same question - we wanted to advance the graphics. I think the questions are valid. The answer may not need to be an entirely new engine, but you might need to do an entire overhaul of your entire lighting system. "The trick is, we're not willing to do that if we can't keep it running at 60 frames per second - but we did that this time. So this is the Black Ops 2 engine."

--------------------
"Nobody, including Nobody, knows what Nobody is doing..." - millen

Intel Core i5 2500K | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | SLI EVGA GeForce GTX 460 1GB's | Cogage Arrow | 120GB Intel 520 | 2TB & 1TB Seagate 7200.14's | Corsair HX-650W | Fractal Design Arc Midi

+Quote Post
nesquick
post May 15 2012, 09:33 AM
Post #60
Atomican
Titan

bla bla bla is all I hear from them.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd August 2014 - 10:23 AM