Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Show us your Rig
Atomic 3.0 > The Box > Tech Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
gtdane
looks awsome man ! that fans a bit of an eyesore tho but if its noticably droping the mobo temp it my be worth keeping.
NukeJockey
The VRMs on the GPU can not be passively cooled, so I need a fan blowing onto it. Can't see it with the side of the case on anyway.
jdog
looks awesome nuke!

nice improvement!

Mr.Twinkie
Seeing these rigs are a drool fest. Well done. :)
nobody813
Goods job there mate

I can now understand how you're getting 20GHz on that i7 :P

Hehehe

I like it
bushi
Nice Nukey.

Well I kept forgetting to do this but here is my current setup.

See the rest of the pics here
nobody813
Good to see it in here mate
gtdane
Nice 1 bushi !!! its quite funny the extreme 1 goes to, whens the case on the way?
bushi
Cheers. I'm gonna be building a case.

I've also just recently decided to scrap my previous plans and design something more compact and lighter. My original idea was too big and heavy.

I've gotten a bit of inspiration from the Tt Level 10 case.
NukeJockey
QUOTE (nobody813 @ Mar 17 2011, 08:16 PM) *
Goods job there mate

I can now understand how you're getting 20GHz on that i7 :P

Hehehe

I like it

With some extra fans I may be able to push 30ghz! :P

Might pimp it out with some lights tomorrow and fix up the cable management (the fan strapped to the tubes is there as a precaution at the moment, hence the lack of cable management on it, last thing I want to do is fry the VRM chips on my card, I'm not sure if the side 20cm fan will have enough airflow to effectively cool the VRMs, plus you can't exactly see the 92mm with the side of the case on anyway.

The red tube is awesome too, theres some pretty tight bends on it and its barely kinking, put a few hose clamps over the area to make sure, but its looking good. Flow rate is phenomenal compared to the last loop too, got the air out so quick, really loving the XSPC res/pump top, their radiators are bloody nice too, its a shame that my 2x120mm rad got a bit scratched (as you can see in the bottom shot) when sliding it in between the HDD bays steel frame (the reason I kept the frame was to keep a bit of strength in the case, I'm really not sure if the HDD bay is supporting the cases structural integrity or not, I'd say it isn't due to the folded steel at each end of the case and the fact the front of the case, mere millimetres away is full steel too, but I like to err on the side of caution.)

Will get some touch up paint soon and go over the bare/scratched steel to get it looking presentable, although there is no hiding my terrible dremel work, Dasa's angle grinder work was a lot straighter than my dremel stuff, damn thing is hard to handle and wouldn't cut through the steel at slower speeds.

But I digress, the red tube is awesome and its also UV reactive, so I was thinking of a bit of a multi colour scheme, UV CCs top and bottom and red CCs left and right, should frame it nicely.

Will post more pics when I'm done. (will most likely get the lights done tomorrow, but not the touch up paint as I need to buy some first.)
gtdane
QUOTE (bushi @ Mar 17 2011, 08:42 PM) *
Cheers. I'm gonna be building a case.

I've also just recently decided to scrap my previous plans and design something more compact and lighter. My original idea was too big and heavy.

I've gotten a bit of inspiration from the Tt Level 10 case.

iv never seen that case upclose but it looks cool tho, last time i looked it was the price of a house lol, but it would have droped by now.
mark84
Just one of the problem areas in my little case.

Had to rework this as the side fan of the case would catch on the case mobo connector cables.

Ended up with this solution.

More pics over here.
Greaver
Jesus Mark you have a done a great job fitting everything in there
mark84
Just wait till I get the GPU water block :)
nobody813
That's just insane

I'm building a SFF PC, in an old Antec Aria

1 thing for certain, it won't be as powerful as yours

I think if I CrossSLIed all the cards I own, I still wouldn't get anywhere near that HD 6990 :P
gtdane
HELL YEAH !!!! that thing is awsome man, That cluster fuck bay drive is wicked well done.
r3b0rn:.
Hey guys, just put together my new sandy build

Specs:

Intel Core i5 2500K - 3.30GHz (Running at 4.0 for now)
Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD5-B3 Motherboard
G.Skill Ripjaws-X 8GB(2x 4GB) 1600mhz
Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H50
HIS Radeon HD 6950 - 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 (Unlocked to 6970 running at 900/1400)
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB
Lanboy Air
Corsair 650 watt psu

.:Cyb3rGlitch:.
Push the biach to 4.5GHz!
nobody813
Nice

I think that's the first build I've seen in a Lanboy Air

I'm definitely showing my mate this
Morgoth
Nice refit nuke,

I just swapped out my Apogee XT for a Heatkiller 3.0 full copper.

And fuck me, temps are improved across the board, I'd say partially due to flow improvement and a better, thicker block that weighs like twice the XT.

To give you an example.

crysis 3 loop max setting 16x aa bench.

cpu@4Ghz, both cards at 800MHz core.

GPU1 max 51C
GPU2 max 55C
CPU max 44C/42C/48C/41C

tunksy
some nice builds comming in here! nice mods to the HAF X nuke, and morgs, bout time you got a ne wblock buddy! :P

im thinking how i can fund a matx build... i hate lugging my heavy case around.
NukeJockey
Damn I wish my CPU ran that cool, I'm lucky for mine to stay under 60c on a cold day, damn 1.4v kills it -.-

GPU temps are about the same though, maxing out at around 51c after an hour or so of stalker call of pripyat.
Morgoth
aye, I'm not a fan of that voltage for every day, right now I'm using 4025MHz with 1.25v or something set in bios
NukeJockey
Its been running this voltage for the past 12 months, but its always been a hot piece of shit, if I could afford it, I'd grab a 950 or something.
mark84
QUOTE (morgoth @ Mar 24 2011, 03:09 PM) *
aye, I'm not a fan of that voltage for every day, right now I'm using 4025MHz with 1.25v or something set in bios

I'm hitting 4200MHz with 1.25v for my 24/7 OC. Yours doesn't go a little higher?
Though mine sits at 40C at idle atm and hits ~65C under linpack stress.
nesquick
QUOTE (mark84 @ Mar 24 2011, 08:30 PM) *
QUOTE (morgoth @ Mar 24 2011, 03:09 PM) *

I'm hitting 4200MHz with 1.25v for my 24/7 OC. Yours doesn't go a little higher?
Though mine sits at 40C at idle atm and hits ~65C under linpack stress.

most of the 930's were really bad silicon it would seem, while all the other chips returned better clocks for lower voltage, I tried it out on a 930 and found the same problem, you needed 1.4vcore for ~4ghz, compared to the i7 920 I had before that which could do the same 4ghz at 1.2vcore.
Morgoth
mark, i checked my bios setting, it was 1.23v set in bios, loads 1.2v according to cpuz.

So it would seem out chips are similar
caraphix
Here is my gaming rig

Specs:
Cpu: Intel i7 950 @4ghz
Gpu: AMD Saphire HD 5970
PSU: Corsair 1000W
Case: Corsair Obsidian 800d
Ram: Corsair Dominator 1600mhz
Mobo: Asus P6X58D Premium
SSD: Kingston 64gb
Cooling: Custom water cooling
nobody813
That is a very tidy build

The blue colour scheme works well
caraphix
QUOTE (nobody813 @ Mar 28 2011, 07:46 AM) *
That is a very tidy build

The blue colour scheme works well

Thanks, It is the second major build I have done my first being a modded cm scout. I painted that case with a camo design and its fans and lighting was all red but i think blue looks alot better in the 800d then some of the other red lighting builds i have seen. I am hopeing to mod the 800d and put in a 2x120mm radiator in the bottom next to the psu and a single 140 rad on the rea case fan so i can hook the gpu to the loop an still get good temps
nesquick
how do you find the cooling of that top mounted rad?

I ask this because Dasa is always saying how inferior the 800/700D is for watercooling compared to something like a TJ07.
caraphix
My cpu idlles at 38c and under load is from 60-65c running prime95 which i think is good with how much i overcloacked it but i don't know who it compares to other builds
NukeJockey
QUOTE (nesquick @ Mar 28 2011, 01:43 PM) *

I ask this because Dasa is always saying how inferior the 800/700D is for watercooling compared to something like a TJ07.

Its mounting positions are.

You can mount 2 Radiators in the TJ07 easily.
Morgoth
I get no airflow issues having the bottom 240 rad as intake, the rear fan as intake and the tri rad as exit up the top.

NukeJockey
QUOTE (morgoth @ Mar 28 2011, 11:13 PM) *
I get no airflow issues having the bottom 240 rad as intake, the rear fan as intake and the tri rad as exit up the top.

Yeah your build looks fairly awesome, you(or someone else) had to mod it though right? (damn these case designers not catering for proper watercooling)

I had to mod my HAF X to fit a 2nd rad in, hate having to cut up a nice case...
Morgoth
QUOTE (nukejockey @ Mar 28 2011, 11:29 PM) *
QUOTE (morgoth @ Mar 28 2011, 11:13 PM) *

Yeah your build looks fairly awesome, you(or someone else) had to mod it though right? (damn these case designers not catering for proper watercooling)

I had to mod my HAF X to fit a 2nd rad in, hate having to cut up a nice case...

Well yes a slight mod can have the bottom rad mounted sideways, but cutting it was the best way.
Dasa
QUOTE (nesquick @ Mar 28 2011, 01:43 PM) *

his temps should be fine as the cpu has a 360 rad all to it self and there is only one gpu which is exhausting heat out the rear and the rear fan is set to inlet
never said the corsair cases cant work for water just that ~$400 is a lot to pay for a case that isnt perfect at ~$200 id be saying yer nice value case
imo 3x120 isnt enough for a cpu\multiple gpu setup with low speed fans
Morgoth
I paid just over 200 for my 800d, I wouldn't pay more
NukeJockey
Yeah you're a lucky prick, if I could score one for that price I'd be all over it.
disolusiond
Just went through every page and pic in this thread and GOD DAMN there are some impressive rigs up in here! Some of the cable management has blown me away with it's tidiness, it's got me all motivated to take the extra time and do my new rig properly. Anyway, kudos to you all.
Dasa
added a ek vga supreme hf to the loop for the evga gtx480 sc
temps are really nice for a fresh mount with mx3 despite me putting on way to much paste

load temps soon
power use so far has been ~670w peak at the wall normally 450-600w while gaming which was making the old tx-750 rev up a bit when it had the gtx480 hs dumping heat under the psu it will be interesting to see how it goes now and how much extra juice this thing sucks with the cards cranked

older pics of this rig at the end of page 2

edit
with a 23c ambient the rad water is at ~25c while the rig is idle
load gpu temps after running stalker cop bench with a mild oc

edit 2
cpu load temps with ~19c ambient ~21c water
nesquick
wow nice temps there dasa!
caraphix
Your lucky that you live in a cold place. I am in queensland and ambiant temps have been at about 30+ degrees recently so cpu hitting low 40's idle
Dasa
not exactly a cold place it didnt go below 19c last night but thankfully it hasnt been high 30s much recently here in northern vic
its dropping to ~6c tonight so if i wake up nice and early it could be a good time to add some slightly higher scores to the new benchmark thread :)
Morgoth
Sweet temps, I did a rough calculation and I'm only just getting ~1GPM flow by estimate.

Heatkiller 3.0 full copper cpu block
MCW60
MCW80
360.3 Radiical high fpm oldschool rad
Aquacomputer 240.2 rad
10foot of tubing (~3m)
Micro res
MCP655 pump.

Two in series should give me 1.5GPM, I'm grabbing another MCW60 this week to replace the mcw80 on a 480 to see how better flow helps again (the heatkiller replacing the XT helped heaps too)
NukeJockey
I wonder what my flow rate is with the Apogee XT and 2 MCW80s, how did you calculate yours morgoth?
Morgoth
As I have no meter

this is best I got to estimate
http://martinsliquidlab.i4memory.com/img/M...timatorv3_1.zip
NukeJockey
Wonder if there is a newer version of that with the MCW80 and Apogee XT and stuff on there.
Dasa
you can get version 5.4 of it at martins new site which has a number of improvements still gives me the same result though
http://martinsliquidlab.org/pump-and-radia...er-spreadsheet/
it has the xt but not the 80

it seems to think im getting ~1.4gpm but my cpu block is based on a guess which i suspect may be a litle on the generous side
if i select different blocks it can go from ~1-1.5gpm

its only 13c this morning a fair way short of the 6c they forecast
Morgoth
The mcw80 IS the XT, so it's no need to mention it twice in a restriction chart
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.