Ghost_Bear

So... Who's Playing Eve-online?

Eve bug got me too... God damn, it's been 4 years since I first signed up!

you did realise that first payment of $25 also includes your soul, right?

Oh so true. I not long finished my Helios plan and am working on touching up the scanning skills now, all I can say is how did I survive without this. Scanning is awesome!

And now ... to look forward to a Sleipnir in ~60 days.

Oh so true. I not long finished my Helios plan and am working on touching up the scanning skills now, all I can say is how did I survive without this. Scanning is awesome!

And now ... to look forward to a Sleipnir in ~60 days.

You know, at the time, I really didn't know that, more fool me eh?

I've resigned up like 3 or 4 times now, and I still only have just over 4 million skill points... I've got a mate who's been playing it almost non stop since we both started back at the end of 2005 though, so now I've got plenty of help, hah :)

But I've got so much to train, and even though I got all the base learning skills to 5, everything takes soooo loooong.... Which is why I usually fall out of playing the game, I'll need 4 or 5, 5 or 6 days skills, before I can really do much more that I want to do, and then find other things to do.

This time though, I'ma going to stick it out. Serious.

Well, EVE is $5 on steam so I forked out, not sure how much I'll play it. Any tips for after I bother downloading it? (Need to figure out if I have enough cap left for it first :P) getting used to the game etc?

Eve rule #1: Dont listen to subs!

;)

Join our chat channel 'atomicmpc'

Edited by supam

To join a channel, click the little speech bubble in the top right hand corner of an existing chat window ("open channel window") and type the channel name then click join :D

Well, EVE is $5 on steam so I forked out, not sure how much I'll play it. Any tips for after I bother downloading it? (Need to figure out if I have enough cap left for it first :P) getting used to the game etc?

Rookie Chat will have lots of people in a similar boat to you. You can pickup on most of the common information in there. Also the training missions you get offered are worthwhile for all new pilots.

Don't pick Caldari, there are too many of them already and their space is overcrowded, Minmatar is a good choice IMO.

Stay away from anything/anyone Goonswarm related.

Contracts that look too good to be true usually are, same with the people who offer to send you back twice as much ISK as you send them - its all a scam.

Other than that fire away questions at us in the atomicmpc channel!

I started playing Eve back in February 2005, but I only played for 3 months before I couldn't juggle full time work, my first born, studying at uni and gaming. I never got fully into it, and only did PVE missions as I tried to get my head around the game. Basically I only remember that it was a nice looking game with a big learning curve and the promise of great rewards from its depths if you put the time in.

Well, 5 years later and I've decided to start playing again. I've started a new character on my old account, and have gifted all my old character's assets (500,000 isk) over to my new one. I'm going to do all the training and tutorials again as I forgot most of it, but I am looking forward to giving it a decent go now.

When I last played I didn't really know what I wanted to do in the game. Unlike most other MMO's there are several different ways to play EVE, so this time I've set myself a general goal and am hoping this will help propel me. I'm heading towards being an explorer with a pragmatic Care Bear attitude who eventually wants to base myself in low sec and null sec frontiers. I've been reading a lot of guides to exploring and probing, and am also keen to hear they overhauled how probes work with one of the major patches last year.

So now I have a goal in mind, even if it changes over time, and have given myself 1 month (with the option of extending it to 3) to see if Eve can really grab me. I've started subscribing to the Exploration in game channel, and will definitely add the atomicpmc in game channel when I next boot.

D

It's the picture that made me want to play eve.

Edited by supam

I have a new computer, downloading the mac client as we speak.

I'm trying to work out if this is a troll or not....

I have a new computer, downloading the mac client as we speak.

I'm trying to work out if this is a troll or not....

A-hahaa, It's got to be doesn't it? I mean he says "New Computer" and "Mac" in the same sentence. Everyone knows that Mac's aren't real computers, they're just shiny white clique symbols, so obviously he's not being serious :P

Thanks to those on the ATOMICPMC channel who've shared info/tips with me over the last two days. You've helped make Eve enjoyable and a little less scary than I thought it would be.

D

My 18 month old ASUS laptop plays EVE online fine at 2650x1600 with full details. I bumped it down to 1920x1200 so I could do emails and other stuff at the same time. It only has a Geforce 9500M card and 3 gig of memory, so I would have thought a Mac mini would easily be able to match that if not run it better.

D

My 2.5 year old laptop happily runs 2 clients, 3 clients with some lag. Eve isn't that demanding graphics wise.