Ghost_Bear

So... Who's Playing Eve-online?

Alright how's this for a plan?

Log in to old account using 5 day re-activation offer. Sign up for 21 day free trial and give all my isk to it. Quit shortly after and regret my decision.

Fool proof, yes?

Hey, can someone explain to me the concept of ISK selling and using this to pay for your monthly subscription?

D

Hey, can someone explain to me the concept of ISK selling and using this to pay for your monthly subscription?

D

ISK selling is very different to the PLEX system. ISK selling is totally agains thte rules, buyer or seller, no exceptions. CCP has a hard line on isk sellers and buyers as well. the seller gets banned, the buyer gets the amount removed from his wallet, so if he has spent it his wallet goes negative.

as for how it is done legitimately, that is done via the Pilot License EXtension system, known as PLEX. someone with more money to burn then you or me buys an eve time card (the equivalent of a wow 60 day time card) from CCP or an authorised dealer.

but instead of using this to extend his play time, he clicks the convert button in the game menu and turns it into a a PLEX, which he then puts on the market for ~300mil ISK. someone with more isk to burn then you or me then buys the PLEX for 300mil, redeems it and has their account extended by one month.

this offers a way of playing the game for free if you are good, getting fast ISK if you really need it but not getting banned for cheating.

1 x GTC = 2 x PLEX.

You can sell the GTC directly for ISK via the timecard forum and the "My Account" page, OR you can convert the GTC to 2 x PLEX using the " Convert ETC" button in game.

To purchase a GTC you need to make a thread, or respond to an existing thread in the GTC forum, to buy a PLEX you need to head towards a station that has one, buy it, then activate it.

Careful when buying PLEX's from contracts or any other means that is non-market. Just like any other item in EVE you can be scammed.

I tried to logon today, and was given something about a logon cluster being full, and that I had to wait in line. What's that about?

D

I tried to logon today, and was given something about a logon cluster being full, and that I had to wait in line. What's that about?

D

when more then a certain number of people try to log in in the same instant, the server chokes and puts them in a line.

as far as i can tell though, it puts them in a stack, not a queue, which means the last person to click "log in" is the first person to be processed (LIFO, last in first out, as opposed to a queue, FIFO, first in first out).

the solution if you get put in the stack is to close the client, wait a few secs for your login session to be terminated, and then start it up again and try again. usually, this processes your login request instantly.

Big shout-outs must go to FluffyBehemoth and Eversti Voitto. You guys gave me so much helpful info for my current ship rig, as well as what to aim for with my goal of exploration and probing. You are a credit to the Atomic forums/community, giving out awesome advice without expecting anything in return and without patronising me.

High Distinctions all round, peeps!

D

Being away from Eve for a few months due to work and PC issues. Good to see there is still a fair amount of interest in the game. I should return to the game SOON :)

It's totally worth it, Paddy, if you have the AtomicMPC in game channel open. Laughs and great advice a plenty.

D

It's totally worth it, Paddy, if you have the AtomicMPC in game channel open. Laughs and great advice a plenty.

D

thats good to hear, about 50 pages back we were begin told we were up ourselves and rude. cant remember who by though......

^_^

Some guy with a name involving penises and men of darker persuasions was in my NPC corp chat the other day asking for ISK and calling people faggots. It reminded me of orcone.

I miss you :(

I have to say its great having people who do a little bit of everything in the atomic channel. You can get advice on anything from pve/pvp ship fitouts to scamming and stealing from newbie corporations.

Some guy with a name involving penises and men of darker persuasions was in my NPC corp chat the other day asking for ISK and calling people faggots. It reminded me of orcone.

I miss you :(

hows minedrill working out for you?

My CAREBEARCORP is p chill. People are still clueless, and the CEO doesn't mind that I'm being a complete jerk and min/maxxing my skill training (that's not altish at all, right? lol) so I can't do anything useful other than probe for a while~~~~~~~~~~

My SUPERSERIOUS0.0CORP is also pretty chill and they don't mind me not actually doing anything which rocks.

I feel like I should lead some more roams and make them better pvpers or something, but I'm pretty lazy.

Edited by superfireydave

Sounds like Dave hasn't got the belly for the grift and is becoming fast friends with his roleplaying mates. :D

Edited by supam