Sign in to follow this  
Bolter01

"Battlefield 2142.exe stopped working"

I realise it is probably an old question but I thought I'd try Atomic before I give up.

Yes I have Vista64, though the game worked fine for 6mths. Recently I get the above message as it crashes to desktop. This happens usually, though not always, at the joining of a new round (I can get a few rounds in before the crash). I have reinstalled the whole game and deleted the files in my documents and have tried different graphics drivers. It just makes me wonder why was it working before?

Has anyone had success with dual boot, running BF2142 under XP?

I would appreciate an answer to this problem, Thanks

You didn't install the 1.20 patch did you? Had a corrupted reg entry and exe, required not just a full reinstall, but users had to clean out all reg entries related to 2142 as well. Try cleaning out the reg contents for 2142, reinstall, patching with the latest patch (prefferably a full patch if there is one).

Thanks a lot for your relpy.

I did recently uninstall and installed BF2142 then 1.25 patch (required for NS) then Northern Strike, then regedit version to 1.10, then applied 1.50 patch. That was required to get NS working (I had the unlocks but unable to join a game game due to "modified content"?), so maybe your onto something.

Northern Strike Fix

So how would I do that? Do I just look for 2142 in the registry and delete all before a clean reinstall?

Once again thanks, It is so very frustrating, F#@*in PC's or should I say EA!

Edited by Bolter01

No, 2142 is quite infamous for its many bugs, glitches, server downtimes, system crashes, exploits, punkbuster kicking legit players, hacking, etc.

Yes, basically the steps he's just outlined there, except instead of modify, it's "delete", once you've uninstalled the game. Go to EA's support site for more specific information though, it may be a different registry tree, and there may be additional files you need to remove.

In case anyone has had a similar experience- now it either 1) installs and has no sound once past the login and will not join game due to "modified content" or 2) installs and has a lot of the graphics missing in the login and subsequent screens (crashes on join).

I have deleted all traces of BF2142 from the registry and my documents, tried it without crossfire, installed and removed 3 different Realtek sound drivers (Gigabyte onboard) and used 5 different patches (1.25, 1.40, 1.40-1.50, 1.50 and 1.50 (NS for base game) in 10 (there abouts) different combinations.

All in all pretty frustrating considering it had been working fine for about 6mths. I guess I should give up but I love the game. I am going to get an ASUS Zonar as it seems the sound drivers are a problem (and it will make everything sound better).

Input would be appreciated.

Yep done all that numerous times same result. "this server only allows....with unmodified content please revert your game to the current official version"

Thanks for trying though. I'm still looking. See its working on my other system which is 64bit vista and I cant see any difference?