sUpEr gEEk

HDTV Capture Card

Hi I am new to the dvb world I was wondering if anyone could help me with a recommendation on a HDTV Recording PCI card (as I only have PCI NOT PCI Express) I am currently looking at getting the Dvico FusionHDTV Dual Digital 4 Revision 2 (blaack pcb) as a friend has recommend it as he has 1. It would have to be able to record 2 HD channels at the same time easy to navigate software, remote, be able to work with Windows 7 Beta as I am using it dual booted with Win XP and I would like it to work with Linux(but not as a must) and must be able to buy easily in Australia

Thank you,

Your Sincerely

sUpEr gEEk

The divco card is an ok card, but I would use the Compro VideoMate T750F Vista PCI DVB-T & Analog Dual Tuner Card with MCE Remote for around $130.00. One important thing, there is no guarantee that any hardware will have driver support in windows 7 beta even if it is supported in vista.

"record 2 HD channels at the same time"

I may be way off here, but is that a lot to ask of the old PCI bus, and that CPU.

Also, for recording two instances of HD TV, you would need a dual digital card, and I was unaware that anyone made one with the old PCI bus in mind, I see that the Dvico Fusion card uses a USB 2 port to get around this....or so it seems.

"To use this card your PC must have one free PCI slot and one free USB 2.0 port. The USB port is needed for the second tuner, which does not run off the PCI bus"

Edited by datafast69

Hi I am new to the dvb world I was wondering if anyone could help me with a recommendation on a HDTV Recording PCI card (as I only have PCI NOT PCI Express) I am currently looking at getting the Dvico FusionHDTV Dual Digital 4 Revision 2 (blaack pcb) as a friend has recommend it as he has 1. It would have to be able to record 2 HD channels at the same time easy to navigate software, remote, be able to work with Windows 7 Beta as I am using it dual booted with Win XP and I would like it to work with Linux(but not as a must) and must be able to buy easily in Australia

Thank you,

Your Sincerely

sUpEr gEEk

Dunno about the DVico brand, but many HDTV PCI card manufacturors allow the installation of multiple cards in the same PC (my Leadtek card allows this), but CPU/BUSS/HDD performance bottlenecks could well make it unfeasible.

Interestingly enough, my PCIe Leadtek HDTV card was recognised in Windows 7 Beta, and seems to work quite well with the Windows 7 Media Centre without the need to fall back on any Leadtek drivers or PVR2 software.

BBL

I'm currently using a Comrpo VideoMate T750 it does fine, don't think you can record 2 HD channels at once (how many cards actually can? :S) but yes it works fine with Windows 7