Electr0

Did I Just Do Something Stupid?

HELP!

I think I did something stupid. I'm building a new rig and for my screen I bought a LG W2252TQ (22" as i'm sure you guys know). But I have just found out that i can get the Acer P244WB (24") from MSY for the same price!! (Well after $79 cash back from Acer). Should I try an reason them into giving me store credit and buying the Acer? Has anyone had experience with both? Or if that fails should I try and sell the LG privately and buy the Acer?? I haven't even built (put together) my rig yet. I only opened the box to test for dead pixels. Then packed it all back up in the original packaging.

HELP! :S

**The reason I ask is that i have a 4870X2 in my new rig and want to use it to (almost) it's full capacity.

i dont know about the LG but i think the acer is 1920x1080 so id go it, but if both are HD then i dont see the difference 2" would make.

as for store credit maybe, but in my experience they prolly wont, better off to sell it as new on ebay or the rading post, whatever, then buy the acer.

i have the lg monitor and theres nothing wrong with. it. Can you really be bothered going to msy and waiting for hours in a qeues to be served by a soulry pimply geek to save a couple of bucks? Msy is only good imho if you want to do a bulk buy on a few components such as putting together a new rig.

and 1920/1080 isnt the best for gaming btw ;-)

stick with what youve got. Its a great monitor.

i have the lg monitor and theres nothing wrong with. it. Can you really be bothered going to msy and waiting for hours in a qeues to be served by a soulry pimply geek to save a couple of bucks? Msy is only good imho if you want to do a bulk buy on a few components such as putting together a new rig.

and 1920/1080 isnt the best for gaming btw ;-)

stick with what youve got. Its a great monitor.

Actually, quite recently, it is, alot of games, being console ports, are coming out supporting 16:9 from the get go, requiring tweaks/fixes to go to a 16:10 FOV. If you want a 24" dude, go for it.

First and foremost, Electr0, you shouldve done your homework before you bought the thing. There rant over. Personally, Id go the LG over the Acer. Sure its a bit cheaper but the LG screen is oh so much better. Of course the decision is up to you and if you decide to return it for a credit, you might be without a screen for a bit.

you should have definitely got the 24" with the sort of gpu you have, 22" is sufficient but 24" would be better.

24 here BenqGW I love 24 it's awesome rad. I do however find myself having browser windows taking up entire pages and some trouble organising my screen real estate.

24FTW