Sign in to follow this  
Periander

Crap TV

What the hell is wrong with TV these days.

NCIS is apparently the top rated TV show in Australia. NCIS people! This is a poor mans Jag crossed with a poor mans CSI. Heck, there must be alot of homeless people in Australia watching TV.

Underbelly is the talk of the water cooler. I'd resisted up until tonight, but given that my beloved Nine cricket commentary team, (just a hint of sarcasm there btw.), recommended it, I decided to give it a go tonight. Omg, what a piece of laughable shit. The desititue man's, decade late, Australian Sopranos?

Blockbuster US comedy import of the day? Two and a Half Men!? How and why has US situational comedy come to this. The 90s started off so promisingly. Seinfeld, Frasier, brilliant! Then came the shit imitations. Friends, Everybody, (not me), Loves Raymond. Now we have Charlie, 'I used to screw prossies and big brows Richards', Sheen, hamming it up pathetically with fat kids.

Top Gear Australia... Okay, I'm just gonna shut up now. :S

Edited by Periander

NCIS is awesome. If you don't like it something is wrong with you.

Edit:

I'm just gonna shut up now. :S

Agreed

Edited by eat_the_flag

Hey, I actually rather like 2.5 men.... Maybe its just a differing sense-of-humour thing, but that show makes me lol.

Although, I don't watch all that much TV... so I don't have a great deal to compare it to.

Oh, and the few episodes of NCIS I've seen have actually been quite entertaining, I thought. Never really watched CSI, so dunno how that compares either.

Apart from that... 1 word:

Learn2Game. =P

(Which is exactly what I'm about to do. =D There's just aren't enough hours in the day!)

-A-

Edited by Ashlar

Maybe Aussie TV shows don't like you! Ever think about that one? :P

I enjoy NCIS and Two and a Half Men, on the odd occasion I do watch them. I'm not much of a TV person.

I would prefer watching TV in America rather than here. :)

/runs

If you enjoy watching -800 ads every 5 minutes then, yea, go for it.

I would prefer watching TV in America rather than here. :)

/runs

If you enjoy watching -800 ads every 5 minutes then, yea, go for it.

To be honest, I would rather watch DVD's all day but if I ever decide to travel to the US, I'll test it out.

Come to America one day and you'll appreciate what you've got.

We don't need to do that, that's just going too far.

A bit like scratching your nails down a blackboard.

Question, Laptirp: Why do we need to go to the US when the huge majority of our shows are US imports anyway?

To the OP, NCIS is a crap CSI, but to me that one's about one-liners; Tony trying to be a smart bastard and just being a dick, Ziva putting him back in his box now and then, and Abby being a nutbar.

Question, Laptirp: Why do we need to go to the US when the huge majority of our shows are US imports anyway?

I didn't come here to watch TV, Cybes!! I have more, um, pressing issues at hand. :P

I was only pointing out what shite US TV produces as compared to Aus TV. The grass isn't always greener on the other side, as they say.

double post!!

just like the ads you see on TV. Once you've seen them you get sick of them the next time you see them!!

Edited by laptirp

I didn't come here to watch TV, Cybes!! I have more, um, pressing issues at hand. :P

I realise that. FTR, I've seen US programming first-hand myself (I wasn't there for the TV either), and I know it sucks.

Nothing wrong with NCIS, just what is wrong with Ziva and Abby, very hard to get two chicks who are hotter.

Also what about House, this is also a very good show, all depends on what your tastes are like, if you don't like what's on the box change it or turn it off, either that or get pay TV.

House is all well and good for those who have not seen Blackadder.

For those who have, it's surreal to see Hugh Laurie in that role.

House is all well and good for those who have not seen Blackadder.

For those who have, it's surreal to see Hugh Laurie in that role.

Laurie was excellent with his mate Mel in his comedy show in England, before he decided to go for the big dollars in House.

He should've stayed there and he'd have been happy.

At the moment, he's a very sad, depressed, reclusive man who's missing the fun times.

That's what Tinseltown does to some people.