robzy

Chernobyl

So, did you write your name in the snow?

He couldn't. FAZZ Gundam had eaten it ;)

Robzy: has Chernobyl and surrounds been looted? Ie, so that only the shells of buildings remain? I often wonder where all the 'contents' of the citizens went. I'm guessing they're out there somewhere, increasing radiation levels of the citizenry of other towns.

PS: Why has noone mentioned STALKER in this thread?!

Edited by just_some_guy

Did you get a chance to mingle with the locals?

Ooh, that sounds like fun

Posted Image

So how long was the actual tour for? how long did you get to stay at the plant and city?

Being in winter and having all the trees and vegetation look dead really adds to the atmosphere I bet.

Did you get a chance to mingle with the locals?

Ooh, that sounds like fun

Posted Image

The side of chernobyl they dont show you

Posted Image

I can has reactorburger?

LOL @ Fazz Gundam. He sent me all these insulting PMs (one step better than posting public insults, I suppose) and then blocked me from responding. Not very 'heroic' to hurl insults then run away - what's wrong mate, suddenly realise you're in the wrong and out of your depth...?

Anyway...

Robzy: who would I need to contact to get on one of these tours? I found some sites on the net, but knowing a little about Russia, I couldn't be certain they're legitimate.

Edited by just_some_guy

shit, nice photos dude. Something I would really like to see. Mind me asking how much the tour cost you, in AUD?

And holy shit, those CoD4 developers modeled parts of that town uncannily. The empty pool for example - that matches almost *exactly* the one from the game. Ditto the ferris wheel/amusement park. Creepy.

LOL @ Fazz Gundam. He sent me all these insulting PMs (one step better than posting public insults, I suppose) and then blocked me from responding.

Oh, you respond to PMs?

Well, Rob, the Chernobyl pics were indeed interesting... until I discovered the Sex Museum and Torture Museum pics :)

I guess I must've offended you then

That had me scratching my head. So I looked in my inbox, and there was a PM from you that I didn't kniw I'd actually received, a week ago. So, apologies for not responding, I just didn't know I'd received it.

I will respond.

And hey, at least I didn't block you!

Have to have the last word dontcha? Meh. Say whatever you like sunshine, this thread doesnt deserve to be derailed hence I stopped responding to you. Back to the topic at hand, robzy's sex and torture museum pics! >_>

Awesome pics Rob! To say I'm insanely f@#%@ jealous is an absolute understatement. :P

(and Fazz, you do look kinda juvenile and nitpicky in this thread tbh)

Have to have the last word dontcha?

You, who blocked my ability to respond to your PMs, reckon I have need to have the last word...?

this thread doesnt deserve to be derailed hence I stopped responding to you.

... he said, yet again raising the subject in the thread.

Ladies and gentlemen, a new Irony Age has dawned.

Now, what's this about a sex museum?

Edited by just_some_guy

Now, what's this about a sex museum?

It's pretty nasty-looking sex...

Posted Image

Edited by Kimmo

Aaaand back on topic please. Too many people in this thread are far too desperate to look like they're not at all desperate to look like they don't care about anything anyone else says. The easiest way to do that is to stay on the damn topic.

Nice photos Robzy, must have been an interesting trip. That's one place I'd love to go, but doubt I'll ever get to.

Great pic's, pity you didn't get some photo's with the telltale rad flecks throughout, would have looked cool.

im pretty sure thats only from the use of actual film, rather than digital imaging

Hey, I already had a crack at scambling my transmissable DNA at a navy radar station here in OZ.

I do not need to travel to where I can't talk to anyone to try again with excess radiation.

Also if I want to rough it I just have to grab a few utensils and go bush.

Still, it is nice to get around to new places.

Edited by Elfarch

Too many people in this thread are far too desperate to look like they're not at all desperate to look like they don't care about anything anyone else says.

LOL!

Ooh, very envious Robzy. It's on my list of places to go. The question is, do I wait until after I've had kids so I don't have to worry about my irradiated tackle, or do I go before and hope for a six-armed offspring I can call Vishnu?

Did you get to see the truck graveyard where they dumped all the radioactive firetrucks?