Fat_Bodybuilder

What Sort Of Overclock Are You Running

Fairly Limited By the Motherboard (P5KPL BAH!) and the Ram (Generic) , But Ive not Overclocked a Lot of PC's and This is An Ideal SweetSpot for me.

2.2Ghz @ 2.99Ghz, DDR2-800mhz@900mhz (Lax Timings)

I did have it @ 3.3ghz last night in the cooler air, but the Ram didnt like it for Long.

Posted Image

Without the Motherboard providing Memory Ratio Dividers, I'm kinda out of luck.

Ati 3870 Usually Left Stock But OC'd Last Night for Stability Test

3D06 Stock - 10.6K (Roughly)

3D06 OC - 12.6K (Roughly)

$$

I run my x2 6000+ at 3375mhz voltage set to 1.424v and htlink at 800.

Its cooled with a TMG A1 Thermaltake cooler.

Have had it at 3.5ghz but was'nt stable in 3dmark 06.

Someone I know very, very well is getting some tracers sometime next week...

Mwuahahahahahahaaaa!

The new Tracers are single sided, and sorry to say.. crap. I've burned out 3 sets of them with mild OCs in the past several months. I specifically asked for double sided dimms on the last RMA and am once again a happy camper. Just FYI. :)

I got my Q9450 to 3.5ghz, but then had to drop it back tdue to long term stability issues (it'd conk out of OCCT at around the 7 hour mark) I've now got it rock solid stable @ 3.4Ghz without overclocking the memory, which i thought might be a liability.

Posted Image

I'm pretty sure that the voltage I have it at might be a little excessive, but its watercooled. So I just put it down as 'extra stability'.

I got my Q9450 to 3.5ghz, but then had to drop it back tdue to long term stability issues (it'd conk out of OCCT at around the 7 hour mark) I've now got it rock solid stable @ 3.4Ghz without overclocking the memory, which i thought might be a liability.

Posted Image

I'm pretty sure that the voltage I have it at might be a little excessive, but its watercooled. So I just put it down as 'extra stability'.

Q9450's do 3.2GHz on stock. The voltage you have on your Q9450 allows mine to get to 3.72GHz.

So anyway I'm running my Q9450 @ 3.72GHz @ 1.26v with a Thermaltake Big Typhoon VX. On a P35 too :D

Posted Image

Core 1 has a fucked up temp. Refer to toolbar :D

So hopefully a working 2GB kit tomorrow, (one stick is currently dead :() and hopefully 3.8GHz.

Imagine 475 on a Quad with a P35....

Q9450's do 3.2GHz on stock. The voltage you have on your Q9450 allows mine to get to 3.72GHz.

So anyway I'm running my Q9450 @ 3.72GHz @ 1.26v with a Thermaltake Big Typhoon VX. On a P35 too :D

Core 1 has a fucked up temp. Refer to toolbar :D

So hopefully a working 2GB kit tomorrow, (one stick is currently dead :() and hopefully 3.8GHz.

Imagine 475 on a Quad with a P35....

If you look at my sig, I'm using an ASUS P5E. These things are apparently notoriosly bad for quad core overclocking, but I originally didn't have a Quad Core, so I didn't know. Combined with all four mem slots filled with 2gb modules...you get the idea, I haven't really allowed for much play with regards to motherboard overclocking.

Anyway, your OC is F*cking impressive...and on air too. The 'average' for a Q9450 is apparently 3.5Ghz, so I was happy...untill I saw your efforts.

Now i'll have to have ago again. Maybe you could share some wisdom?

EDIT: I was just looking at some comments about the P5E and the max the FSB can physically go is 1800 (450), and to do this the memory divider has to be 1:1. After this, the memory controlletr apparently goes haywire and theres latency drops up to 30%

Source: Linky

Ah well.

Well 3.72GHz is the max my board will do anyway. 3.8GHz and so on will post but I only get a black screen.

When you mean physically 450FSB, the highest you can go in BIOS is only 450FSB? If you can "set" FSB to 450, you can set vCore at 1.25v in BIOS. It should be stable.

Posted Image

Really crap for 549 x 9 tbh, but it was mega loose timings, like 5-6-6-18 just to make sure XD

I'm a bit of a noob with overclocking I can't get past 3.2gig without BSOD; tried loosening ram timings maybe more volts?

Posted Image

I'm a bit of a noob with overclocking I can't get past 3.2gig without BSOD; tried loosening ram timings maybe more volts?

Posted Image

You've got a 100% OC with that CPU. Never had one of those so not sure what it's capable of, but I think what you have is well done. :)

Decided to put the old E6600 back in to see what sort of OC i could get and quickly found the old thing hitting 3.6ghz whilst using a TRUE

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=431314

Oh yeah the best i could get out of my E6750 was also 3.6ghz... so may have to work on that tomorrow

We've got several E6750s and all hit 4GHz pretty easily with cheap 3rd party air coolers. I think you'll beat your previous attempts. Great CPUs. :)

Well 3.72GHz is the max my board will do anyway. 3.8GHz and so on will post but I only get a black screen.

When you mean physically 450FSB, the highest you can go in BIOS is only 450FSB? If you can "set" FSB to 450, you can set vCore at 1.25v in BIOS. It should be stable.

Oh, i can set the FSB all the way up to 460 with the cpu multiplier down at 6x and the mem running well under its rated speeds (800mhz 5-5-5-18), but as soon as you try punching the FSB past 450 with the multiplier at 8x it starts to get shaky.

I think the motherboard itself cannot handle the cpu at faster than 3.6Ghz speed for some reason. Ah well, I'm happy with my rock solid 3.4Ghz anyway, its zippy enough for me, especially considering how quad core really eliminates the CPU bottleneck for games based on the UT3 engine and Crysis, not to mention 3Dmark vantage.

I'm actually looking into oc'ing my 4870X2 now thats its watercoooled, i've already got it running at 800/1000 (default is 750/900) and that was just me pushing up the sliders a bit.

Still fine tuning, but this seems cool enough for everyday.

Posted Image

first I looked @ your temps and thought WTF.. but then I ready your signature.. watercooled eh.. my Q6600 is able to do 3.8Ghz (stable) on air with a TRUE, however, the temps go bizzare; 45c on idle and 66-68c during load. currently running 3.6Ghz while gaming & 3.2Ghz normal with 37c idle.

I am having some "fun" getting this stable atm. It runs games fine but after close to 10mins of prime95 it crashes, I thought maybe the volts were a little too much as well?

3.2Ghz is the rock soild.

@3.4 ram is below spec's at 1000mhz or so (+.30v)

+.20 FSB

seems to run better with an MCH +.100

I'd like a solid 3.4, surely thats not too much to ask

Any advice?

I'm running a Q6600 B3 at 3ghz on stock cooling. It's hot (almost 70 degrees under full load) but 100% stable, able to run Stressprime 2004 all night without crashing, I've have had it at that 24/7 for a year and a half.

Posted Image