Sign in to follow this  
robzy

CDDB -> cdplayer.ini with unicode support

So I have a hebrew CD here which isn't listed in FreeDB but is listed in CDDB. I have a problem in ripping it with the tags though.

EAC & foobar2k are of little help because the CD isn't listed in FreeDB.

iTunes doesn't help because, while it can get the tags from CDDB, it doesn't rip to MP3.

Player doesn't help because, while it does grab the tags off CDDB, it isn't able to handle the Unicode Hebrew characters.

The plan was to use Player to get the names from CDDB and then put them in cdplayer.ini which EAC can read and everything would be swanky. But yeah, unicode fail.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Rob.

Unfortunately CDex does not use Gracenote's CDDB database, only FreeDB's one, which doesn't have my CD listed.

[edit]: Alternatively, is there any way to batch copy metadata from iTunes' rips to MP3 files?

Rob.

Edited by robzy

Wait, I thought that iTunes had the ability to rip to MP3...

Encoding Imported Music

Convert music you import from CDs to other audio formats at bit rates up to 320 Kbps. Access your import settings in the Advanced section of iTunes preferences. You can choose whether music is imported in AAC, AIFF, Apple Lossless, MP3, or WAV format.

Wait, I thought that iTunes had the ability to rip to MP3...

Encoding Imported Music

Convert music you import from CDs to other audio formats at bit rates up to 320 Kbps. Access your import settings in the Advanced section of iTunes preferences. You can choose whether music is imported in AAC, AIFF, Apple Lossless, MP3, or WAV format.

Hrm. Apple Lossless -> MP3 should do the trick.

And I can't really do it the manual way, because it's Hebrew.

Rob.