atomidude

Acer P244W-a 24" 1080p monitor for $252!

Go to Officeworks, ask about the Acer P244W monitor and then tell them MSY is selling it for $349.00. According to their policy, Officeworks would match that, actually beat it by 5%, so it's all yours for $331.55. Take it home, get online and fill in the cashback form to get $79.00 from Acer. In July claim your initial investment when doing your taxes. I'm not an accountant so I wouldn't know how much tax you save, but I do know that $252.55 for a 1080p 24" LCD monitor, with 2 ms GTG, 2 HDMI ports and pretty good looking, is fantastic bang for buck :)

This is a 1,920 X 1,080 panel, so high definition videos will look their best on it.

Edited by atomidude

Picked one up rom office works yesterday, great monitor geames look sweet aswell as movies. Pretty sure i'm going to pick another one up some time this week.

Awwwww man, this tops the $290 tag of a local shop (After cashback). Stop trying to tempt me!

Does anyone have any linkage to a solid review on this monitor? My Google-fu only brings up small mentions, and heaps of "Buy this monitor!" links :(

In July claim your initial investment when doing your taxes.

That is, of course, assuming you have a reasonable justification for doing so :P

Rob.

Awwwww man, this tops the $290 tag of a local shop (After cashback). Stop trying to tempt me!

Does anyone have any linkage to a solid review on this monitor? My Google-fu only brings up small mentions, and heaps of "Buy this monitor!" links :(

http://www.wired.com/reviews/product/acer_p244w_monitor

Seems just about what you'd expect for a budget monitor. I've got an older 19"W Acer with the same piano black bezel and can confirm it's a thing of beauty. The P244w's design seems to further enhance this sleek, dark elegance. I understand this may be pointless to some people but if all any geek cared about was performance we would all still be sticking our hardware in beige boxes.

but if all any geek cared about was performance we would all still be sticking our hardware in beige boxes.

More like hanging it all on a peg board.

:-)