naikii

Warning Yadnum Computers

There's one guy, who says he's an aged/invalid pensioner who spent $500 who "saved for months" to get it.

Am I a horrible person for laughing at this guy?

not sure why anyone would laugh at a pensioner being fleeced $500.

I find it funny because I'm an arsehole. I'd find it funny regardless of his pensioner status. Anyone who spends $500 on RAM is clearly a moron. The fact he's a pensioner who saved for months just increases the sadness/hilarity. Come to think of it, I'd probably still laugh at the guy if he DID get the RAM, because with or without the final product, it's still akin to just flushing it down the shitter.

(And this is presumably $500 worth of RAM that costs bucketloads more elsewhere.)

Did he? I only saw reference to RAM, but then again, it was a fucking long thread, so I may've missed something.

Oh well, that killed the hilarity, and yes, now it's just sad.

I think there's a definite lesson t obe learnt here, though. PayPal is shit, and if shopping online, use a CC and cover your arse.

If I were you I'd lodge a complaint with the AFP, then send the guy an email notifying him that you have lodged an official complaint to the AFP. If he doesn't pay up straight away he will when the cops knock on his door.

If I were you I'd lodge a complaint with the AFP, then send the guy an email notifying him that you have lodged an official complaint to the AFP. If he doesn't pay up straight away he will when the cops knock on his door.

The feds will likely tell you to stop wasting their time.

unless you say the shop is really a front for his meth lab out the back :P

Another victim here.

Ordered a Core i7 920 CPU around 11th of Jan. I thought it might have been a special introductory price to be below $400.

I still haven't seen my CPU yet!

Will make a complaint with Fair Trading tomorrow.

I highly doubt that. These people have paid for goods which they clearly have not recieved, ergo it is theft. The police investigate theft.

I highly doubt that. These people have paid for goods which they clearly have not recieved, ergo it is theft. The police investigate theft.

Won't they tell you to go to your local police?

Typically the AFP don't deal in theft. In any event, for it to be theft, it must be demonstrated that they never intended to supply the product OR return the money. Good luck with that.

I have heard of a few people going to their local police to report this guy. A person who reported him in NSW was informed that the business was being investigated.

The problem regarding this business, is that they have in fact shipped some of the goods to customers and refunds. My advice, as I have heard from others, report it to fair trading, attach all e-mails he has sent to you or you have sent to him etc. That is the only way he will budge. Fair trading now how to contact him directly, and he will cave in if contacted by such organisations.

He ignores his customers, unless if they are trying to contact him to confirm that he has received their payment.

I have prepared all my evidence and filled out the necessary forms and will be sending them to Fair Trading today.

Yes, the Police. Not the Feds.

They will likely tell you to go bother the local boys as Tinny mentioned (unless you are in ACT that is :p).

thanks for the heads up

good to know you were saved from it.

because they were cheap

and that's part of the bait he uses to lure them in.

There's been a few posts about who to contact if you have been a victim of Yadnum Computers (Michael Munday).

These are probably the 3 best options:

- the ACCC (re breaches of the Trade Practices Act) - see sections 56(1) and 75AZJ; and

- the ATO regarding the collection of GST & issuance of Tax Invoices without being registered - which if established would constitute a serious offence (not to mention the question mark over what has happened to the GST collected); and

- the NSW Office of Fair Trading for various breaches. There are people in the NSW OFT that know about this whole matter. Speak to one of them as opposed to a "fresh" person. Find someone who is able to contact Munday on a phone number the OFT has from a previous application. Letters & calls to the "advertised" numbers for Yadnum are totally ineffective.

2 other options are:

- your Solicitor; or

- anyone you know in Sydney that has a chance of finding the guy in person. He has shown a streak for self preservation when pressed and as any victim who has gotten their money back will tell you, the more likely he knew they were coming, the greater their chances of recovery.

Edited by MavAMPC

Hi Naikii, what email address did you contact him on? Ive been emailing back to the yadnum sales email but obviously he wont be checking these anymore....

I really want my money back.

Also there was another forum dedicated to this but I cant find ot now, not the whirlpool thread but a continuation. Thanks

Hi Naikii, what email address did you contact him on? Ive been emailing back to the yadnum sales email but obviously he wont be checking these anymore....

I really want my money back.

Also there was another forum dedicated to this but I cant find ot now, not the whirlpool thread but a continuation. Thanks

Everytime I emailed him I used sales@yadnum.com, and cc'd michaelmunday@gmail.com, i also left the email on the website inbox.

Even though he never answers I believe he reads at least some of them.

PS the other forum is here:

http://z8.invisionfree.com/BewareofYadnum/...php?showforum=1

Edited by naikii

Yadnum's site has been shutdown by its hosting provider - which is very good news for unsuspecting purchasers.

Watch this space to see if Munday has had enough or whether he moves the site to another host.

Hi guys.

I was caught up in this too. I also emailed aussiehost.com and told them they were facilitating fraud as long as they kept Yadnum open. I was going to email them again today, I was surprised it had stayed online nearly a week after I contacted them. For a long time I tried to give Munday the benefit of the doubt but then began emailing him daily with angry complaints demanding my money back. I received (another) email today saying that I would receive a refund, but as yet the $$ is not in my account.

I'm just glad that the site has been taken down so no-one else will lose money. My order was only small, 50 bucks for a cooler. I was about to set up a fake email account and make an inquiry about a large order to see if he responded, I'm glad I didn't have to. For those of you (and I know there are several) with orders into the 1000's I really hope you get your money back. I guess in future I won't dive into an order without doing some research into the trader first.

Cheers and good luck.

edit: naikii, I also cc'd to the gmail account but it's not active.

Edited by suburban100

If the gmail account is no longer active then I think there is little chance of contacting him now that his website and web addresses have been taken down.

whilst googling him before i Was refunded i remember seeing a hotmail address of his, michaelmunday@hotmail.com, it may be worth a try but I cant guarantee its active or even correct as I cant find my source again.

I think fair trade are the only ones with a number of his, and they wont give it out. The woman I spoke to said she found the number that worked under a previous business application of the same name (yadnum computers)

Well I did get an email today saying that I had been refunded so something is being done, but no money in my account as yet, and now the site is down. I won't stop chasing it but at the end of the day I can live with losing $50, like I said I just hope people with lots of money at stake don't get shafted. I also notified ACCC, tbh I think they are pretty powerless. If this was planned from the start of December he could have easily made off with hundreds of thousands.

Edited by suburban100

Should have asked for a screenshot or some sort of proof. Still the fact he said he has refunded means he is at least trying to placate you which is good.

I agree that had Yadnum set out with ill intentions at the start he would have not gon through with the trouble of refunding anyone, govt agencies obviously take months to sort this out he would have left the site up collecting money while he nicked off overseas or something. I dont think he was a crook to start with but quickly became one when he started lying, giving the impression he was managing things, and didnt take responsibility for his actions by informing customers and shutting down the website when he knew he was in over his head.

If you still do not receive any cash for your refund, print out all your e-mail correspondence, messages etc, write a complaint to fair trading by printing out a form, make copies of all information and mail it to them. I sent my bundle of joy to Fair Trading on Friday, so I might get a reply by the end of the week or start of next week.

But I mean seriously, I think I have developed an allergy to bullshit from this guy.

Make sure that when you do write your complaint to fair trading, that when you come to answer the question regarding your fair resolution regarding the situation, ask for a refund, but also ask for evidence that the refund has been sent through. I demanded a cash refund as due to his 'incessant lying' I had no trust in providing my bank details to him, along with a few other requests.

I think the lesson to be learnt here is if buying anything big make sure you do it in person at a shop front.

I think the lesson to be learnt here is if buying anything big make sure you do it in person at a shop front.

OR a reputable dealer.

OR a reputable dealer.

Yea that to although nintek was from what I read classed as a reputable dealer and then it went ass over tits.