naikii

Warning Yadnum Computers

The Yadnum website is:

"Currently closed for updating Please check back soon"

Yeah right more like, we're in the process of trying to get people off our case.

Fuck this asshole, i still haven't got my 350$ back, i hope he fucking rots and dies, im going to go camp his shop and address and kick his ass when i fly to nsw next week

Fuck this asshole, i still haven't got my 350$ back, i hope he fucking rots and dies, im going to go camp his shop and address and kick his ass when i fly to nsw next week

Violence is not the answer, that way it makes neither person seem right.

By committing violent acts you will not get your money back, and you will most probably charged with assault.

Go through the proper processes and he will cough up.

That's what he should have put up while he was on his 'Christmas break' - just a big banner saying "closed for business see you in the new year". I bet now he's wishing he did that.

Does anyone know if this is still hosted by aussiehost?

Agreed, don't resort to violence you'll end up in more trouble than he is. It's not worth it, go through the proper channels.

Edited by suburban100

If this was planned from the start of December he could have easily made off with hundreds of thousands.

I agree that had Yadnum set out with ill intentions at the start he would have not gon through with the trouble of refunding anyone

If that was in response to suburban100's prior post, then I think you've misread it.

... he would have left the site up collecting money while he nicked off overseas or something. I dont think he was a crook to start with but quickly became one when he started lying, giving the impression he was managing things, and didnt take responsibility for his actions by informing customers and shutting down the website when he knew he was in over his head.

everyone's entitled to a view but the facts simply don't bear that out. He has "left the site up collecting money", we don't know where he is and he did not 'become' a crook mid-scam. It's clear what has transpired. He collected money under false pretences with intent. If he was a poor chap who just got in over his head, all he needed to do was return all the money & swiftly. If he was honest, it's not as though the money he improperly collected should have been used for any other purpose, plus he hasn't got any overheads to speak of, just 2-bob rent and a website - peanuts compared to what he's raked in. From the very beginning, he lied blatantly when responding to requests re goods being delivered before Xmas and used multiple false names when responding to emails to create an impression of a large staff - it would be laughable if it hadn't had such real consequences. He has lied through his teeth since mid December - well before any proverbial shite hit the fan.

I could possibly understand this type of comment coming from someone who is just an onlooker with no direct knowledge but from someone who has gone through what you have and know what many are still going through, it's pretty dumbfounding. I appreciate that it would probably sit better with you to believe he was an honest incompetent who "turned into" a crook, given your original views about his operation, but the facts reveal a totally different reality. Please don't take any of this personally because a lot of what you now write about Yadnum is good material but you should revisit this whole idea of Munday being some poor honest shmuck that went "rogue" under the pressure of the W'pool Threads. It's simply not the case and the facts, plus much of the info that has been dug up about Munday's prior activities, only add weight to the overwhelming irrefutable conclusion that he didn't "turn" shonk mid-scam, he was one from the outset.

If this was planned from the start of December he could have easily made off with hundreds of thousands.

I agree that had Yadnum set out with ill intentions at the start he would have not gon through with the trouble of refunding anyone

If that was in response to suburban100's prior post, then I think you've misread it.

... he would have left the site up collecting money while he nicked off overseas or something. I dont think he was a crook to start with but quickly became one when he started lying, giving the impression he was managing things, and didnt take responsibility for his actions by informing customers and shutting down the website when he knew he was in over his head.

everyone's entitled to a view but the facts simply don't bear that out. He has "left the site up collecting money", we don't know where he is and he did not 'become' a crook mid-scam. It's clear what has transpired. He collected money under false pretences with intent. If he was a poor chap who just got in over his head, all he needed to do was return all the money & swiftly. If he was honest, it's not as though the money he improperly collected should have been used for any other purpose, plus he hasn't got any overheads to speak of, just 2-bob rent and a website - peanuts compared to what he's raked in. From the very beginning, he lied blatantly when responding to requests re goods being delivered before Xmas and used multiple false names when responding to emails to create an impression of a large staff - it would be laughable if it hadn't had such real consequences. He has lied through his teeth since mid December - well before any proverbial shite hit the fan.

I could possibly understand this type of comment coming from someone who is just an onlooker with no direct knowledge but from someone who has gone through what you have and know what many are still going through, it's pretty dumbfounding. I appreciate that it would probably sit better with you to believe he was an honest incompetent who "turned into" a crook, given your original views about his operation, but the facts reveal a totally different reality. Please don't take any of this personally because a lot of what you now write about Yadnum is good material but you should revisit this whole idea of Munday being some poor honest shmuck that went "rogue" under the pressure of the W'pool Threads. It's simply not the case and the facts, plus much of the info that has been dug up about Munday's prior activities, only add weight to the overwhelming irrefutable conclusion that he didn't "turn" shonk mid-scam, he was one from the outset.

Look Maverick the reality of this is that none of us have any clue what Mundays intentions were at the outset, all we can do look at what information has been presented and draw our own conclusions. I am well aware of the fact that you believe that Yadnum set out to rip everyone off from the start, was born a crook and will die one, but quite frankly this does not give reason to shoot down other peoples opinions. I am of the opinion that he started out with mostly good intentions but with no clue of how to run a business and so it failed and now he is drowning and pulling his customers down with him, resorting to many unscrupulous and illegal actions in the process. I would appreciate you accepting this and not bringing it up every time I post something.

As I have said before it is largely inconsequential anyhow, whether Michael was a crook from the start, or became a crook the end result is still the same, people have lost and still have the potential to lose money because of Yadnum, and the actions you or I may take to assist people who might have been affected arent going to be change because of the 'why' of it all.

has anyone tried getting their banks to reverse the funds? because this may work with credit cards assuming he is still using the same account to collect money from innocents.

Edited by nesquick

some banks will do that nesquick provided you have proof that the funds are supposed to be returned. This happend to me with amazon about a month ago all i needed as proof was an email from them stating that the funds have been freed or refunded.

I believe pretty much every bank will reverse a CC transaction if you make the appropriate applications to do so. It may take a while as they try and contact the merchant and verify whether or not your claim is valid, but unless he can produce a signed receipt or some other evidence that the goods were shipped, it should get reversed.

Especially if as indicated above, you provide extra supporting evidence that he's offered refunds, but is now uncontactable/jerking people around.

If your CC provider won't do this, I'd be looking for a new CC provider.

Hey all, another one here waiting for a refund ($608.95 direct deposit). Got caught up in the early January phase when a google search revealed nothing about the company. I figured it was just a new company trying to make an impact with those introductory prices. Anyway...

Found this the other day- http://esd.cttt.nsw.gov.au/Hearing/Hearing...cationCode=2000

If you scroll down to Wednesday 11 March, you'll see Michael Ho Pty Ltd and Yadnum Computers due for a little get together at the Consumer, Trader and Tenancy Tribunal of NSW. I wonder how that will go.

I've been putting it off out of laziness, but I'll be looking into my legal options myself next week. I don't know what the guys motivations were, and it doesn't really matter now. I've sent him a message stating my intentions while still giving him a chance to work things out. I'm not inclined towards violence or harrassing people into doing the right thing, so I'll have to see what else can be done.

Les.

Cheers for the information. If I were you I would personally just get straight into the Office of Fair Trading rather than waiting to see what happens at the tribunal hearing.

Might be ordered to refund everyone's money in the end. He might also get whacked with a few other things.

has anyone tried getting their banks to reverse the funds? because this may work with credit cards assuming he is still using the same account to collect money from innocents.

yes, with credit cards it's not a problem but the trouble is that the site was accepting only direct deposit & cheque as the only 2 methods of payment for the majority of the duration of the scam. Paypal was an option in December and for a small window of "reprieve" in January but Paypal closed the account (twice) in Jan. Many of the victims paid by bank deposit or cheque.

Look Maverick the reality of this is that none of us have any clue what Mundays intentions were at the outset

wrong. The initial contact I had with him gave a very clear hint of the trouble that was to follow.

I am well aware of the fact that you believe that Yadnum set out to rip everyone off from the start, was born a crook and will die one

While it's clear that Yadnum embarked on a bait price scam circa December '08, what Munday did before then hasn't been the issue and what he goes on to do from here hasn't been determined - all sarcasm aside. But nothing Munday can do from here (including full reimbursement) can change the fact that it was a scam.

but quite frankly this does not give reason to shoot down other peoples opinions.

"shoot down". You're very touchy on this point. I've tried to be as polite as possible in clarifying the situation for anyone who reads this Thread. If you want to present opinions in a public Forum it helps if you respond accurately and consistently to the facts presented. If someone states an opinion that the earth is square, it's likely that there will be a response - it is not about "shooting down", it's about getting it right.

People haven't had the benefit of reading everything you've written on this topic - courtesy of Whirlpool unfortunately deleting the two detailed Threads. If they had, they would have seen you not only firmly declare that Yadnum was "definitely not a scam" and that it was "safe" to send money to Munday but also declare that you would be doing so yourself, when it was patently clear at that stage (post Jan 19) that it would in fact be an extremely reckless thing to do - and that's being polite.

Who knows how many people felt safe or emboldened to send money to Munday after reading those statements? And you should rightly feel remorse about it, even if you don't.

Then when it finally did dawn on you that Munday was a patent liar and you would have to fight very hard and make many threats (all legal of course) just to get your money back, your posts started to become more accurate - and that was promising to see.

But now, since you have been one of the fortunate few to receive a refund, you've gone back to this nonsensical notion of Munday being a victim of his own incompetence - quite possibly because it's more palatable for you to believe that you weren't actually duped from the outset. All this does, is make the victims (of who I am not one, for those who didn't already know) who haven't received a refund, see red and give a totally false impression to readers who are new to the whole saga.

So keep to the facts & try to at least be logically consistent.

It is a fact that Munday lied from the outset (that being from December '08 when the bait price scam was put into play) to obtain funds. His lying from the outset is a fact, not an opinion.

It is a fact that Munday could not have had an intention to make good on all the bait price orders he would receive from the outset - he couldn't even if he wanted to unless he was Father Christmas. And his conduct throughout has only proven the point.

It's a fact that Yadnum has not returned funds to many people who paid in December & January (we just don't know the magnitude of the quantum of $$$ nor the number of victims).

It's also a fact that if Munday hadn't used those funds for another purpose and was just a poor, good intentioned shmuck who couldn't run a simple online business, he could easily have returned those funds to their rightful owners, anytime in Dec, Jan or Feb - long before now. Nobody gets 'in over their head' by simply receiving money for sales on products they don't have if they have negligible overheads (unless they use the money received for another purpose). These are all simple facts.

Stick to the facts, perhaps get past the fact that you were initially taken in by it and start thinking about the many people who are STILL stuck in it, some who are out of pocket to the tune of well over $1,000 each.

As I have said before it is largely inconsequential anyhow, whether Michael was a crook from the start, or became a crook the end result is still the same, people have lost and still have the potential to lose money because of Yadnum, and the actions you or I may take to assist people who might have been affected arent going to be change because of the 'why' of it all.

wrong again. The 'why' of it all is extremely important in terms of recovery, consequences and future prevention.

And before you fly off with another quick response that hasn’t been well thought out, this time consider the facts. This is not about one-upmanship. It's about ensuring that people know the facts. We've already got Munday running around spreading misinformation to whoever will listen and doesn't know better. There's no need for the people who should know better and should have the same aim at heart, to be helping his cause.

Well in that case I apologise to everyone for my inaccuracies, and will leave the expert Maverick to help everyone from here on in because it has now become clear to me that my opinions are wrong and I was foolish for ever thinking them.

Thanks for showing me the light MavAMPC.

Goodluck everyone I sincerely hope this gets worked out for you all.

MavAMPC the ONLY person that will know the facts is the business owner. Even then there are three sides to every story; your's, his and the truth.

You are deducing his own mindset from what you are seeing, which will always be inaccurate (not wrong, just not 100% right).

I'm not trying to say you are wrong because what you have provided as proof is certainly compelling, but at least have an open mind to other peoples opinions, we certainly allow them to be aired here and we aim for them not to be brow beaten for them.

Just for the record, I still have not received a refund. On the day the site was taken down I got an email from Yadnum saying that the status of my order had been changed to refunded. But as yet (one week later) I have not actually received a refund. Countless emails are now just seeming like a waste of my time. I'm going into my bank tomorrow to see if I can have the transaction reversed as others have suggested but I'm not optimistic about it given that I made the deposit nearly two months ago.

Live and learn.

You are deducing his own mindset from what you are seeing, which will always be inaccurate (not wrong, just not 100% right).

Judges & juries do that every day based on the facts of a particular matter and I am more than qualified to do so. Anyone who is interested in the facts and sound conclusions is free to read my posts. The conclusion aspect (with respect to intent) is very straightforward in this particular matter.

I'm not trying to say you are wrong because what you have provided as proof is certainly compelling, but at least have an open mind to other peoples opinions, we certainly allow them to be aired here and we aim for them not to be brow beaten for them..

Thanks, I'm glad you found it compelling ... but if you think there’s a chance that I don’t have an open mind to any view based on logic or fact, then with all due respect, you'd be mistaken on that count. Moreover, I fully accept that everyone is free to express their opinion, even if it is fanciful, and likewise anyone is free to comment on an opinion. It would save a lot of BS sifting, however, if more thought was put into opinions posted in public Forums. But such a hope is probably akin to wishing for world peace.

Just for the record, I still have not received a refund.

suburban100's not alone. We know of at least 17 others (who have been sufficiently diligent to be able to find a Forum in which to post) who are out of pocket collectively to the tune of around $11K. That's roughly $650 each.

Munday claimed he took 1,000 orders over his "holiday". The mind boggles as to what is the real amount outstanding and the real number of victims. A bit of statistical extrapolation paints a dismal picture.

Heed the warning Yadnum Computers is no good. If you need proof read on

I have just come home from a CTTT ( Consumer, Trader and Tenancy Tribunal ) hearing in Sydney (Wed the 11th of March 2009). Yadnum Computers representation was not present (no surprise ). Needless to say I have a ruling in my favour and a notice of order for the return of my money.

My online account with Yadnum Computers has been deleted.. Therefore they no longer acknownledge that they have taken money from me or that they owe me my purchase

Phoneline which previously was not being answered is now disconnected

For those of you still under the impression that this is not a scam I unfortunately made my purchase on the 27th of Jan 2009 which in restrospect is after the shit had hit the fan and Munday still took my money and when I did ask when I was going to receive the goods the mail reply was early next week.

The next stage is the courts when Munday ignores the CTTT ruling. I would like to invite anyone who wants to be noted in my court case to please give me details ( If this is possible without infriging an forum rules ). It is not about the money. The time it has taken me to do this is really not worth the cost but I feel the need to protect others from this scourge. ... to do nothing is to support this crime .. and Munday would rely on his future preys ignorance of his history to perpetrate the same scam again ...

I would have to wait until I get contacted by Fair Trading as I have lodged my own complaint but would need that to be cleared first. Whether that is sorted out or not, I should find out soon, but that might also come in handy.

Another good thing to get hold of, but will require legal means as I have been informed is a transcript of the Whirlpool Forum threads, where Munday had publicly stated that all refunds and orders would be completed. At least that could have some significance to determine the magnitude of how many customers Munday has caught up in this matter.

I only lost $58 to this store, so a very small amount compared to others. I am also located all the way in Perth. Another thing to probably note is that, if Munday still does not return your money, I am pretty sure that the matter gets turned over to the Police, which they may put a warrant out for his arrest then, then it will become a criminal matter, so maybe wait and see if he returns your money first.

I would have to wait until I get contacted by Fair Trading as I have lodged my own complaint but would need that to be cleared first. Whether that is sorted out or not, I should find out soon, but that might also come in handy.

Another good thing to get hold of, but will require legal means as I have been informed is a transcript of the Whirlpool Forum threads, where Munday had publicly stated that all refunds and orders would be completed. At least that could have some significance to determine the magnitude of how many customers Munday has caught up in this matter.

I only lost $58 to this store, so a very small amount compared to others. I am also located all the way in Perth. Another thing to probably note is that, if Munday still does not return your money, I am pretty sure that the matter gets turned over to the Police, which they may put a warrant out for his arrest then, then it will become a criminal matter, so maybe wait and see if he returns your money first.

OFT will not get any result (phone line disconneted and expect no reply from their mail out- there cases before mine as well ) .. and then OFT will refer you to the CTTT (Consumer, trader and tennancy tribunal).. Cost of that hearing was $33 (I had mine today).. I am sure Munday counts on the fact the hassles and cost would deter most.

The court case that will follow ( and I will follow it through ) will cost about $100 ... that is when action will be taken ... Since I am sure that most if not all cases against Munday have the same history, I am hoping that I will be able to give at the court hearing as many cases as possible to demostrate that Munday's actions were not circumstantial but premeditated ... At least in my case I am sure that he never intended to deliver the goods and I have an email from him (his company) that stated that I could receive delivery within a week ( that was at the end of Jan 2009) ... stringing me along to buy time ... So please let keep this forum live for as long as possible so that as many people affected by Munday join in vand we can get a clearer picture of the extent of his criminal activity. I have not applied for the hearing date as yet. Just had CTTT hearing today. I will post a date when I get it.

I was ripped off $607.95