Sign in to follow this  
cmos

Vinyl Care & Maintenance

datafast, is that a peerless mid/woofer in your avatar?

And tweet?

Yes I think so, the tweeters also.

ML1's from, Lenehan Audio.

He is based in Southport, the cabs are made of HD3, extreemly nice monitors at a bargin price too.

I'm listening to near 100% vinyl at the moment, since my DAC died CD's sound so lame (<<Pun).

Even though the Denon DVD player has a pretty good onboard dac, they just don't cut it.

I think I missed the DAC dying story.......

I'm listening to near 100% vinyl at the moment, since my DAC died CD's sound so lame (<<Pun).

Even though the Denon DVD player has a pretty good onboard dac, they just don't cut it.

I think I missed the DAC dying story.......

Well...I lie...............I murdered it!

Was sounding like a DAC worth at least 1k, but was I content?......no...................I had to yet again try to solder wires direct to the legs of the tiny surface mount DAC (It's like doing surgery on an insect), so I could get a purer signal :)

My soldering is not much better than when I tried on the last one :P

Though, I have now found someone that can replace the chip and attach the required wires for a very fair rate :D

I can then take the signal through the passive audio trannies then RCA sockets, might need a 1k or 2k resistor following the chip, but maybe not.

Going to buy the newer AK4396 to replace the AK4393 (It's pin compatable, and sounds a lot better again).

The Denon player sounds OK, uses the BB PCM1754 or 1756, good for an entry level DVD player, but a long way behind a modded Behringer.

Edited by datafast69

I vote Rega Apollo for silver disc spinner. I'd love to hear it being fed through a TVC & 6CA7's.

*edit (sensibly priced disc spinner that is)

Edited by lazyfly