Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
robzy

We live easy lives

Wow.....words can't even begin to easily describe some of those pics.

I'm even quite shocked at a few of them.

Wow.....words can't even begin to easily describe some of those pics.

I'm even quite shocked at a few of them.

Quite true. Seen a couple of them before and could place them, some I had no idea though.

Rob.

While I'm sure many of us recognise quite a few, it's good to get a reminder every now and then.

Like TheTick said, truly evocative.

I think it's important we see those images, to really bring our own nature home to us. This is one of the reasons I love photography.

Those snapshots in time can move us, can expose so much truth, even without context.

Just remember boys and girls George Bush loves war, guns and oil and I doubt any of this stuff would affect him like it dose us. Humans evolved to destroy because its what we are good at and i think it will take a long time before the world changes its ways to work together without things interfering (religious beliefs and political sides)

Remember this is my opinion from looking at these photos

It's always the ones of the dead or terrified children that get to me. I can't understand people wanting to hurt children.

What's to understand? Some people are just fucked. Well, most actually, but anyway, yeah, the world is a shitty place, with a few bright patches, until the darkness consumes those as well. We're fucked.

It's always the ones of the dead or terrified children that get to me. I can't understand people wanting to hurt children.

What's to understand? Some people are just fucked. Well, most actually, but anyway, yeah, the world is a shitty place, with a few bright patches, until the darkness consumes those as well. We're fucked.

Well yeah :|

Now, let's discuss the ethics of photo-journalism. More specifically: these photos are of terrible scenes. Instead of recording the scene, should they not be helping?

That's not my belief, but I'd like to hear your points of view.

Probably more appropriate in a thread of its own I think.

I know a couple of those photographers. Well, most. Lots of Leica shooters in there, RF rep!

Now, let's discuss the ethics of photo-journalism. More specifically: these photos are of terrible scenes. Instead of recording the scene, should they not be helping?

That's not my belief, but I'd like to hear your points of view.

I think they are helping.

Purely by documenting those scenes.

And to think that this is the daily reality that some people live by... I can't think about it because it's too bloody painful to try and comprehend...

Just remember boys and girls George Bush loves war, guns and oil and I doubt any of this stuff would affect him like it dose us. Humans evolved to destroy because its what we are good at and i think it will take a long time before the world changes its ways to work together without things interfering (religious beliefs and political sides)

Remember this is my opinion from looking at these photos

I don't necessarily believe humans evolved to destroy because it's what we are good at. I think that human beings exist in this world that are mentally geared to aquire through any means presented to them. Aquisition through the use of violence or force is often (perceived as) easier and more direct than through any other means.

While those pictures may not evoke a reaction in a war monger, I believe that for the most part people that do have the right reaction to photographs like those are in the majority. They are important for so many reasons as they can speak louder, stronger and with more conviction and emphasis to those who would stand up and do the right thing, to those who would call on their respective governments to take action and by that, stop people from contiuing to commit such atrocities.